• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,164 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Pizzafist said:

It's very hard to tell how people will react. Sometimes we all take things the wrong way.

I would consider messaging the seller when you saw it go up to 140 and asking if you can buy it for 100 at a BIN ?

Make a real offers instead of criticizing a seller or asking "will you take less" or " what's the lowest you'll go"

I didn’t criticize the seller, nor did I want to buy at $100 without a coupon, nor did I say “will you take less”, nor did I say “what’s the lowest you’ll go”....

My initial message’s intent was purely a sanity check, it wasn’t that serious... The main point of my post was not my exchange with the seller, but witnessing a seller incrementally hike his prices on a book that already didn’t sell at the lower price before it, which was mentioned a few posts prior to mine...which is why I shared the experience.

Edited by Callaway29
Typo

On 2/2/2019 at 5:48 AM, Callaway29 said:

I started watching a book about a week ago with an initial buy-it-now of $100. I thought that was probably a good deal but was going to think on it, heck maybe a coupon would push me over the edge. Next time I looked, a couple days later, it was $140 so I messaged the seller asking “am I going crazy or did you increase the price by 40%?” because I was legitimately questioning my memory. He said “go see a doctor LOL”, and I assumed that meant it was always that price and I was losing my mind. A couple days later and it was $210. I messaged “$210?! Now I know you’re just messing with me”, and he replied “thanks”. I didn’t know what to make of his response...or his listing tactics for that matter. (shrug) Safe to say I’m no longer a watcher...

Wtf...

I won that auction where the seller raised the BIN price by $50 and shipping from Free to $20. Someone tried to snipe me in the last few minutes with a bid of $325, but I wasn't having it.

It's a lot of all 10 Spawn Origins Hardcover books. 7 of which are 1st Editions. $330+$20(ship) is a steal IMO.

I already have 1st Editions of Books 2, 9, & 10 (clearance for $7.50/ea at a local book store). Now I need #1 and #4. Do people sell TPBs and HCs/Omnis here? I looked on Friday but couldn't really find anything related. LMK please.

10 minutes ago, BuzzKillington said:

I leave feedback if the seller leaves feedback first. Sometimes they don't - even though I pay right away - and then I just retaliate...

How do you retaliate? Every couple of weeks I go through and leave feedback for buyers, but it could be a couple of weeks after they paid. I generally wait to see if it has arrived and they've had it a few days.

As a buyer, if the delivery was successful and everything up to snuff, I leave positive feedback often before the ebay system updates as delivered....

As a seller, I expect my buyer to do the same, the buyer needs feedback that they paid and were satisfied...... I don't know that until the buyer leaves feedback.....

What if a buyer had a problem and left negative feedback, but the seller had already left feedback, there would be no course of action that the seller could take but call to have it removed?......sounds like a hassle

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
?

3 minutes ago, Bird said:

I agree, the transaction is not complete until the buyer has left feedback. Then I leave feedback for them , usually on the same day.

Maybe I am naive, and yes, as a seller I like seeing happy feedback asap, but I figure me leaving the buyer feedback 5 or so days after they received the item (and probably have no complaint) is a little reminder to them.

1 minute ago, BuzzKillington said:

The only thing the seller should be concerned with, feedback-wise, is the payment. Once received, you have all you need to leave it (that's how I operate as a seller). Why should I 5-star you if you won't 5-star me? I need validation, too!

The seller needs to be concerned that the buyer received the package in good condition as well. That is a seller's responsibility, not just mailing it out and hoping for the best. And you do not know that is the case until some communication has occurred, which is usually via feedback on ebay.

2 minutes ago, BuzzKillington said:

The only thing the seller should be concerned with, feedback-wise, is the payment. Once received, you have all you need to leave it (that's how I operate as a seller). Why should I 5-star you if you won't 5-star me? I need validation, too!

Same here. I get payment, especially prompt payment, I leave feedback. 

2 minutes ago, BuzzKillington said:

I dunno, I'd like to see the buyer not demand a refund after damaging the book while opening the packaging, for example or not act like a psychopath and threaten me if the 9.2 is a 9.0 in their eyes or scream about a $5 shipping charge because postage was actually $4.76....

12 minutes ago, BuzzKillington said:
18 minutes ago, Bird said:

The seller needs to be concerned that the buyer received the package in good condition as well. That is a seller's responsibility, not just mailing it out and hoping for the best. And you do not know that is the case until some communication has occurred, which is usually via feedback on ebay.

I'm confused... Shouldn't the seller just be satisfied with on-time payment..? After that, what about their experience should impact your feedback of them? Receipt of the package is what the buyer leaves feedback for... This doesn't make sense...

If the buyer leaves negative feedback, then the seller has no way to clarify the problem. It just looks like this schmow paid and that's all I care about, meanwhile there is negative feedback that says, "ya this seller didn't care that I was unsatisfied"...... sure the seller can have it removed, but transparency is key :) 

Edit: I really don't mind if either leaves feedback first, just as long as you DO leave feedback..... 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I edited, because it is a small thing but:

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Edit: I really don't mind if either leaves feedback first, just as long as you DO leave feedback.....

On 2/4/2019 at 7:30 AM, TwoPiece said:

I won that auction where the seller raised the BIN price by $50 and shipping from Free to $20. Someone tried to snipe me in the last few minutes with a bid of $325, but I wasn't having it.

It's a lot of all 10 Spawn Origins Hardcover books. 7 of which are 1st Editions. $330+$20(ship) is a steal IMO.

I already have 1st Editions of Books 2, 9, & 10 (clearance for $7.50/ea at a local book store). Now I need #1 and #4. Do people sell TPBs and HCs/Omnis here? I looked on Friday but couldn't really find anything related. LMK please.

I wish there were more HC/Omni sales around here. But besides the Bay the Omnibus collectors Facebook group is good spot. Can’t sell anything for more than cover price. It’s a private group but most newbies are accepted in a couple days. 

17 minutes ago, BuzzKillington said:

I'm confused... Shouldn't the seller just be satisfied with on-time payment..? After that, what about their experience should impact your feedback of them? Receipt of the package is what the buyer leaves feedback for... This doesn't make sense...

I am selling satisfaction as well, and I do not know if that is delivered until it is communicated to me. Money and customer satisfaction are the goal of my sales. I do not know what kind of buyer I have until the transaction is over, paying on time means nothing if they want a partial refund unnecessarily or are trying to scam.

I often go back and leave feedback for old purchases as well since I expect that they were satisfied if I never heard from them. But I leave feedback immediately after receiving it.

3 minutes ago, BuzzKillington said:

Idk. As a buyer, I just think it's on the seller to leave feedback first, as I completed my part of the transaction first. Then, after the seller completes their half of the exchange, I leave feedback (impetus is on the buyer to communicate any problems - which should be done prior to negative feedback - but blah blah blah).

I'm just got sick of leaving 5-star feedback and receiving nothing half of the time.

well I was a little short earlier, it might be that I wanted to go back to sleep this morning lol :sorry: 

Ya it's personal preference, no worries. I bought all the time on ebay, but only started selling recently so it is good info for me to have. I enjoy when sellers leave me feedback right away too, but that just seems in good faith.... I'm like you and always pay immediately as a buyer too :foryou: I think that it just comes down to personal preference...