• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bird said:

It seems to be more complicated than that because I have watchers on items that I could not send an offer to when I looked into it it said stuff about the  duration of the listing which is why I directed the other poster to just look at the seller update it seems complicated

ya pardon me I'm still a little shy after encountering RMA :shy: I appreciate it too, because in the first quote: I had 3 watchers, it only sent it to 2 because they "showed interest" :foryou: was curious what that was all about lol

No Worries :) 

I can’t figure it out nor do I understand. Why would revising one item create prompts to provide offers for other items? Seems like it would be more straight forward than that...I also looked at my active listings and no dice. Maybe because I almost strictly use my app? And this is a desktop only feature at the moment?

Just now, Callaway29 said:

I can’t figure it out nor do I understand. Why would revising one item create prompts to provide offers for other items? Seems like it would be more straight forward than that...I also looked at my active listings and no dice. Maybe because I almost strictly use my app? And this is a desktop only feature at the moment?

Revising the item didn’t create the prompts but it allowed me to see them when I couldn’t see them before

I see one problem with the "send offer". I have no idea who the people are. I like to make sure the people don't have a ton of negatives before I accept an offer. I have no control if someone snipes an auction, but I don't want to voluntarily shoot myself in the foot. I have to think about this.

Re the good till canceled, I might just list things that I would have put up as "Bins" as auctions with a start price that is like a bin.

53 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I see one problem with the "send offer". I have no idea who the people are. I like to make sure the people don't have a ton of negatives before I accept an offer. I have no control if someone snipes an auction, but I don't want to voluntarily shoot myself in the foot. I have to think about this.

Re the good till canceled, I might just list things that I would have put up as "Bins" as auctions with a start price that is like a bin.

Yep.

On 2/22/2019 at 6:54 AM, moemaya said:

yes obviously - but it doesnt seem to concern some large ebay sellers that I see using stock images. In the end I am not going to use stock images, as you only find the front cover. Im curious more than anything how some sellers get away with it, and Im talking books $20-50 no less.

the seller "mycomicshop" has tons of these type of listings. even books well over $100 with stock image in Fine condition. How do you know what your getting? As a buyer I would never do this...

My Comic Shop is a well known store and many buy from them daily and believe their grading is very accurate. They are one of the biggest online retailers in the industry.

Mr Paranoia has a question...

Is there a defense against someone filing an 'item not as described' case, having Ebay refund their money, and then sending a worthless stack of papers back?

This hasn't happened to me in several years, but what is ebay's policy on packages not arriving at destinations?  I sent a trading card, very well packed, and the tracking shows it was delivered yesterday.  The guy said he received no mail yesterday and will wait a day or so in case the weather messed up the schedule (he says it happened before).  Assuming he does not get the package, where do I stand?  Is it out of my control once the package is trackable by USPS?

2 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

This hasn't happened to me in several years, but what is ebay's policy on packages not arriving at destinations?  I sent a trading card, very well packed, and the tracking shows it was delivered yesterday.  The guy said he received no mail yesterday and will wait a day or so in case the weather messed up the schedule (he says it happened before).  Assuming he does not get the package, where do I stand?  Is it out of my control once the package is trackable by USPS?

I sell quite a bit on ebay and from reading the seller boards over there, once you have a delivery confirmation you should be good. From what I have read if he opens a case against you, all you need to do is upload the delivery confirmation. I would advise him to check with his mail carrier/post office to see where it could be. 

On 3/1/2019 at 5:33 PM, Bird said:

I made an offer to a buyer with the new feature and he bought it immediately! Groovy baby, real groovy!

I did the same with a TTA lot yesterday, and sold it today! It was only about a 6% discount, but on a $275 item, that might be enough to push someone over the edge. 

Also, there were 23 watchers. That helps.

6 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I did the same with a TTA lot yesterday, and sold it today! It was only about a 6% discount, but on a $275 item, that might be enough to push someone over the edge. 

Also, there were 23 watchers. That helps.

I’ve sold at least five items this way since they started this feature 

4 hours ago, Bird said:

I’ve sold at least five items this way since they started this feature 

so I got the newsletter with the seller update features , but my listing page doesnt show the "offer to buyers" feature. do i have to wait?

how come some of you have it already?

FYI - @oldrover you have same user icon as me....hm

On 3/1/2019 at 12:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya pardon me I'm still a little shy after encountering RMA :shy: I appreciate it too, because in the first quote: I had 3 watchers, it only sent it to 2 because they "showed interest" :foryou: was curious what that was all about lol

No Worries :) 

You have nearly 7,000 posts. Surely this was not the first encounter of note? Get a thicker skin! If you're shaken up by him you're a goner in tbe zombie apocalypse. (So am I, because I don't run well)