• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

Is it normal for an item to be listed as being sold in the US with a state listed and everything, but then when you contact the seller with a question they are located outside the US?

thats happened to me twice in the last hour on eBay. Thought the item and seller are located in the same region?

Sold four items to the same buyer for $170 using Global Shipping Program.

They have not paid.

Who handles "the process"?  I know using domestic transactions you can report the buyer for not paying and then eBay will automatically close it out.  Is there a different process for Global Shipping? 

33 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:censored::censored::censored: @STORMSHADOW_80 and @MGsimba77

WHY USPS!!!!!!!!!?

20190318_153816.jpg

20190318_152201.jpg

20190318_152443.jpg

20190318_152221.jpg

20190318_152239.jpg

20190318_152421.jpg

You know I've had USPS packages go through more adventurism than I care for and I had one box show up looking similar to that one (Fear #20 CGC). It's a total disgrace :facepalm: !!!! Can you access the book through the slab? The only way CGC regrades is if the book is accessable through the slab or if there's clear damage to the book resulting from the breaking of the slab. Have you looked into what your insurance claim options are if any??? This really blows man! I always try to avoid USPS whenever possible but it's tough on eBay purchases. 

1 minute ago, MGsimba77 said:

You know I've had USPS packages go through more adventurism than I care for and I had one box show up looking similar to that one (Fear #20 CGC). It's a total disgrace :facepalm: !!!! Can you access the book through the slab? The only way CGC regrades is if the book is accessable through the slab or if there's clear damage to the book resulting from the breaking of the slab. Have you looked into what your insurance claim options are if any??? This really blows man! I always try to avoid USPS whenever possible but it's tough on eBay purchases. 

Ya the slab is in twain, I see damage to the mylar and it is completely bendable, if it were 7.5 I could see a spine tick not being a problem but not in 9.4

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya the slab is in twain, I see damage to the mylar and it is completely bendable, if it were 7.5 I could see a spine tick not being a problem but not in 9.4

You must have some kind of insurance claim then because your item showed up damaged resulting in value depreciation

12 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

You must have some kind of insurance claim then because your item showed up damaged resulting in value depreciation

Well this might stink to say, but I bought it the other day with the eBay coupon. I'm returning it, so the seller will have to file the insurance...

So I tried to re-list some items with the Fixed Price option and I got this message:

• To help you sell your item, fixed price listings can only be listed with a Good 'Til Cancelled duration. The listing duration has been set to Good 'Til Cancelled.

Anyone else getting this?  Is this a permanent change?  I just listed books last night and didn't get this message...is it eBay's way to guarantee to get re-listing fees month to month so we can't wait till our free ones renew?

36 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

So I tried to re-list some items with the Fixed Price option and I got this message:

• To help you sell your item, fixed price listings can only be listed with a Good 'Til Cancelled duration. The listing duration has been set to Good 'Til Cancelled.

Anyone else getting this?  Is this a permanent change?  I just listed books last night and didn't get this message...is it eBay's way to guarantee to get re-listing fees month to month so we can't wait till our free ones renew?

I was listing Fixed Price items just fine yesterday. Well, after constantly unchecking selections pre-made my eBay to get me to take less money. 

I went to put up some more listings and encountered the same thing: I can’t do Fixed Price for a set duration, only for Good ‘Til Canceled. 

I just love how the say this is to “help” me, nevermind that I just sold about $200 worth of stuff over the last couple of days doing it my way. Really don’t need they’re help. 

I was was debating about sending some of the nicer stuff to a dealer on consignment. Guess krap-Bay just made the decision for me.  Don’t know what I’ll do with the cheaper stuff. 

Let me know if they ever relent on this. Unless I can keep it to under 50 listings I guess I’m pretty much done with selling on krap-Bay now. 

Edited by Number 6

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I was listing Fixed Price items just fine yesterday. Well, after constantly unchecking selections pre-made my eBay to get me to take less money. 

I went to put up some more listings and encountered the same thing: I can’t do Fixed Price for a set duration, only for Good ‘Til Canceled. 

I just love how the say this is to “help” me, nevermind that I just sold about $200 worth of stuff over the last couple of days doing it my way. Really don’t need they’re help. 

I was was debating about sending some of the nicer stuff to a dealer on consignment. Guess krap-Bay just made the decision for me.  Don’t know what I’ll do with the cheaper stuff. 

Let me know if they ever relent on this. Unless I can keep it to under 50 listings I guess I’m pretty much done with selling on krap-Bay now. 

yes, this is one of their new "features" they are imposing. u just have to remember to cancel all your free listing's over the 50 items per month at the 30-day mark. I'm basically setting a reminder 1 hour before all my listing are set to expire and end the ones over 50 and then wait for another listing promotion then relist. rinse and repeat. 

5 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Yes, this is a permanent change, and yes, everyone is up in arms about it.

7 hours ago, justafan said:

yes, this is one of their new "features" they are imposing. u just have to remember to cancel all your free listing's over the 50 items per month at the 30-day mark. I'm basically setting a reminder 1 hour before all my listing are set to expire and end the ones over 50 and then wait for another listing promotion then relist. rinse and repeat. 

The thought of listing and then canceling at the 30 day mark had crossed my mind, though I’d more than likely forget. 

They’ve be pushing the Price Management thing (or whatever they call it) pretty hard lately. I have a feeling it’s only a matter of time before they make that mandatory on fixed price listings too. 

I've been busy so no listing over the last month.  Try to post up a few at lunch and proceed to get this delightful message about them helping me by only offering the auto relist.  I like to run my books in a 1 week auction if they don't sell and then rinse and repeat - am i going to have to cancel all the books a couple hours before they close and then relist them as auction.  i get a lot of action the last couple hours before the books close so this will generally suck.  Why e-bay - why?

11 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I've been busy so no listing over the last month.  Try to post up a few at lunch and proceed to get this delightful message about them helping me by only offering the auto relist.  I like to run my books in a 1 week auction if they don't sell and then rinse and repeat - am i going to have to cancel all the books a couple hours before they close and then relist them as auction.  i get a lot of action the last couple hours before the books close so this will generally suck.  Why e-bay - why?

I think the good til cancelled is only for fixed price listings, not auctions.

6 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

They must be seeing a trend.  too many sellers not paying for the ebay store subscription.  too many sellers taking advantage of the monthly and quarterly free listing bonus and serious sales only occurring during the coupon days. Hence, they are not making enough money on all the free frequent unsold listings.  But most of all, they must be seeing some real gains in the items sold and paid at full price just seconds to minutes past the coupon expiration time.  I bet they are looking to capture the arbitrage from our mistakes as sellers as well by hoping to net some real money from the listings that we forget to cancel before the 30-day mark.

Either that or they are just being dorks.

3 minutes ago, Bird said:
15 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I like to run my books in a 1 week auction if they don't sell and then rinse and repeat - am i going to have to cancel all the books a couple hours before they close and then relist them as auction.  i get a lot of action the last couple hours before the books close so this will generally suck.  Why e-bay - why?

I think the good til cancelled is only for fixed price listings, not auctions.

--- think his strategy is to run fixed for "x" days - no sale, then list at auction , no sale - then relist back as fixed ... So now 1C has to 'remember' to cancel the fixed now and port over to an auction.....  

11 minutes ago, W16227 said:

--- think his strategy is to run fixed for "x" days - no sale, then list at auction , no sale - then relist back as fixed ... So now 1C has to 'remember' to cancel the fixed now and port over to an auction.....  

Yep.  I run all the books for the full month and wait for them to end with a flurry of sales at the last minute.  I drop the price by 5% and then relist as a one week auction and then simply relist as Fixed Price everything unsold from the auctions for another month.  Now I've got to play the game of giving people enough time to see the books are ending and cancel them right before they end.  Pain in my butt but as long as E-Bay is looking out for me.

Edited by 1Cool