• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

@RockMyAmadeus Nice thing about this hobby, everything eventually comes around again. I'm after that particular ashcan for sentimental reasons; Deadliest of the Species #1 was the first book I ever bought w/ my dad. I still have the full set of books, but I want to include the ashcans, and have the whole thing framed up for my office wall.

3 hours ago, Supa-Bad-Mofo said:

No doubt! Just makes you wonder how much they paid for it @Poka:bigsmile::facepalm:

I used to send mails to sellers informing that instead of gold they had stones. Most of the times sellers didn’t believe me and no point to report to eBay, so.....

Edited by Poka
Spelling

57 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Thanks dude.

You can find them in the seller portal, or at least you could about a year ago. I stumbled across auto-rejected bids on some books I was selling. I think I was in Listings.

Edit: a quick Google will give you some guidance if you're looking to find this.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Auto decline sucks.  I got auto declined on an action figure that was listed for 8.00, I offered 5.50, just seeing if I could get something shaved off.  Totally turned me off.  I would rather not have it from that seller, and the full price isn't that bad. 

As a seller, I never put a floor on the bidding.  I would rather counter $40 on a $45 book, after a $10 bid, just to see if the guy is serious.  Maybe for high quantity sellers it is an effort saver, but I don't like it. 

10 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

Auto decline sucks.  I got auto declined on an action figure that was listed for 8.00, I offered 5.50, just seeing if I could get something shaved off.  Totally turned me off.  I would rather not have it from that seller, and the full price isn't that bad. 

As a seller, I never put a floor on the bidding.  I would rather counter $40 on a $45 book, after a $10 bid, just to see if the guy is serious.  Maybe for high quantity sellers it is an effort saver, but I don't like it. 

Yeah after about 20 of those you will go back to using Auto decline. 

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I had a lot of small dollar books for sale. The lowball offers on already cheap, but tightly graded copies were enough to convince me to use auto decline. And with eBay converting listings to best offer, the feature just made sense.

6 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:
6 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I had a lot of small dollar books for sale. The lowball offers on already cheap, but tightly graded copies were enough to convince me to use auto decline. And with eBay converting listings to best offer, the feature just made sense.

I agree it just cuts down on wasting my time which when someone offers 20% of full market value is just that a waste.

Now someone that is interested will continue to offer until they reach past the auto decline. Happens all the time.

The ones that don't well you know that answer.