• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Really trying to decide how to handle giving feedback about a seller who took a week to ship something. 

Won it on April 12. Paid for it on April 12. 

Delivery estimate listed as 4-7 days. 

Tracking number provided on April 15

USPS got the package on April 22

Arrived today 4/24

So that's a delivery of 12 days... not 4-7 days. Largely cause he sat on the package for a week. And this is not some one off guy, he has 1200+ listings and 120+ items for sale at any given moment...

The thing is I'll probably buy from this guy again, so do I leave accurate feedback, no feedback? 

Accurate, plz.

A seller with integrity will take neutral feedback for legitimate criticism on the chin and "do better" next time.

I always pay within 72 hours and expect the item to be shipped within 72 hours, unless extenuating circumstances are conveyed.

10 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Really trying to decide how to handle giving feedback about a seller who took a week to ship something. 

Won it on April 12. Paid for it on April 12. 

Delivery estimate listed as 4-7 days. 

Tracking number provided on April 15

USPS got the package on April 22

Arrived today 4/24

So that's a delivery of 12 days... not 4-7 days. Largely cause he sat on the package for a week. And this is not some one off guy, he has 1200+ listings and 120+ items for sale at any given moment...

The thing is I'll probably buy from this guy again, so do I leave accurate feedback, no feedback? 

Leave him one of dickpontoons gems

26BCB351-DC2F-42C6-97AE-7D43ED943381.jpeg

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

If you would buy from him again, I'd leave none, or just say thank you and give him a slow star rating.

A few months ago, I had no response from a seller who was supposed to send me some note cards. It was not expensive, she was about 2 weeks late. I gave her a negative, I don't think I've left one of those in years. She refunded and sent the cards anyway. Seems she had a baby that week. I felt awful, I told her to call ebay and I'd withdraw it, but she said it was her fault. Kind of restored my faith in some sellers.

For whatever reason, I find that women in sales are so much easier to deal with. I think men get a little too hot-headed and emotionally attached to criticism and take it too personally.

Having a baby is definitely a good reason for delay. lol

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

For whatever reason, I find that women in sales are so much easier to deal with. I think men get a little too hot-headed and emotionally attached to criticism and take it too personally.

Having a baby is definitely a good reason for delay. lol

Men, emotional? Can't possibly be, lol.  There are of course exceptions to every rule;) 

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Men, emotional? Can't possibly be, lol.  There are of course exceptions to every rule;) 

I think we only have 1 emotion - anger. lol

I posted about the guy who sent me 10 books without any bubble wrap or anything, earlier in this thread. I really wanted to get so angry, but he was very nice, so I ended up just saying something like, "it's not a big deal, but you should treat EVERY comic property like it's a collector's item". I honestly expected both of us to just start a p^&*ing contest. lol

Edited by TwoPiece
Censored.

8 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I think we only have 1 emotion - anger. lol

I posted about the guy who sent me 10 books without any bubble wrap or anything, earlier in this thread. I really wanted to get so angry, but he was very nice, so I ended up just saying something like, "it's not a big deal, but you should treat EVERY comic property like it's a collector's item". I honestly expected both of us to just start a p^&*ing contest. lol

I think the "we" is a generality, my husband loses his temper about once every 5 years. When he does, he's a raving lunatic, but at all other times he'll just say "OK" and it really doesn't bother him.  I have a few close male friends who are just as easy going (not wimpy, just easy going).
Just like you probably know men and women who don't conform to "standard" descriptions. We just notice the ones that conform to our ideas more readily.

I've worked in some "non traditional" jobs for women since I was a teenager. I have a "non traditional" hobby, I find that most people are pretty nice and within normal bounds, it's the 1 percent lunatic fringe that you remember;)

13 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I think the "we" is a generality, my husband loses his temper about once every 5 years. When he does, he's a raving lunatic, but at all other times he'll just say "OK" and it really doesn't bother him.  I have a few close male friends who are just as easy going (not wimpy, just easy going).
Just like you probably know men and women who don't conform to "standard" descriptions. We just notice the ones that conform to our ideas more readily.

I've worked in some "non traditional" jobs for women since I was a teenager. I have a "non traditional" hobby, I find that most people are pretty nice and within normal bounds, it's the 1 percent lunatic fringe that you remember;)

Yes, definitely. There are always exceptions to "rules".

I'm loving the people who offer a full 50% off your asking price...when your asking price is a little above FMV...and claim they'll "pay today!"

Paying today isn't an incentive anymore. You expect your books to get to you 20 minutes after you buy it? Then I expect you to "pay today" as a matter of course (and most buyers do.)

Ah, eBay.

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm loving the people who offer a full 50% off your asking price...when your asking price is a little above FMV...and claim they'll "pay today!"

Paying today isn't an incentive anymore. You expect your books to get to you 20 minutes after you buy it? Then I expect you to "pay today" as a matter of course (and most buyers do.)

Ah, eBay.

Auto-decline will solve that for you. ;) 

24 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Ah, eBay.

I had this exact thing happen, recently, too.

I only offer around/less 50% if it's something insane like asking $2,000 for 4 hardcover books that are unsealed, when a lot of all 4 books SEALED sold for $900 a month ago, and $750 two months ago...

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

You better watch it sister, you're getting into dangerous territory. Not every one is emotional and stays calm and collected like me.

Edited by DR.X

3 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:
3 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Ah, eBay.

Auto-decline will solve that for you. ;) 

Thanks, but as I've explained elsewhere, auto-decline comes with its own set of problems that are much worse than lowball offers. I'm not so offended by lowball offers that I feel the need to block the ability of everyone to make them.

18 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

My auction ended today for a NextMen21 CGC9.8 for $330. And immediately I get this message

BEDA50FD-29E6-4C9F-9BCB-B2BA64CCA0ED.jpeg

My response was do whatever you want. And then 

AABEF4A0-E54E-4AF9-A42B-BE58B042780D.jpeg

I canceled the deal but damn I hate getting my time wasted.

This is exceptionally scurrilous behavior. It's blackmail. It's the behavior of a person of exceptionally, horrifyingly low character. Backing out of the listing was bad enough, but telling you you have two choices: "cancel the transaction, or waste time going through the dispute process; I'm not paying either way"...and then having the sheer, unmitigated gall and audacity to claim they're "trying to go about it the right way"....? I'd hate to see this person's idea of what the "wrong way" is.

Disgusting. That's just shameless arrogance. That is the expression of petty evil right there. :sick:

Shaming these people publicly, and subjecting them to corporal punishment would be much, much too good for them.

Based on the comments made “by the father” of the bidder, he should be reported. 

Ive had similar situations where something “unexpected” has taken place and the buyer needs to cancel the transaction.

unfortunately I think too many people don’t open non paying bidder cases against them and they continue their bs

ive adjusted my settings to not allow anyone with 2 non paying cases to bid on my items.

its up to us the sellers to hold them accountable for the rest of us 

also @Junkdrawer I’ll buy the book at %50 percent off and can pay today! :D 

So... Interesting...

As I have mentioned I only use the eBay Global Shipping Program to ship internationally. 

The fees were quite prohibitive especially for a $90 comic book.  However, there is absolutely no way I am shipping anything to Brazil without the extra layer of protection that is offered. 

Aside from that, my fees are assessed only at the $90 as well as the $9 part of the shipping and handling that it costs to send it to Kentucky. 

I know GSP is not a favorite of many people but for many areas of the world, it is the only method I will use to ship it to certain nations. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 3.46.12 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta