• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, evilskip said:

Anybody who spent their ebay bucks from last quarter get an email today from ebay telling you that you have until 5/2 to spend them?

Yes I did, and I "added to cart" without committing to buy and it said that it was already used....

Please disregard our email about your Bucks Certificate

Yesterday we sent out an email that incorrectly reminded you to redeem your Bucks certificate. This was due to a technical issue, and we’re very sorry for any confusion this may have caused. Please disregard that email.

As always, thank you for continuing to be a loyal eBay Bucks member.

The eBay Bucks Team

On 4/23/2019 at 5:47 PM, Junkdrawer said:

My auction ended today for a NextMen21 CGC9.8 for $330. And immediately I get this message

BEDA50FD-29E6-4C9F-9BCB-B2BA64CCA0ED.jpeg

My response was do whatever you want. And then 

AABEF4A0-E54E-4AF9-A42B-BE58B042780D.jpeg

I canceled the deal but damn I hate getting my time wasted.

Lame, lame, lame. The number of crumbs ducking out on their winning bids lately has been mushrooming. It used to be that everyone simply didn't pay and didn't respond and I would file a NPB. But lately everyone feels the need to contact me, offer up a tale and then ask me to cancel the order for them. Yesterday it was a buyer who won SIXTEEN auctions for over $150.00 and waited 5 days to tell me he simply can't pay for them. I counted on those funds and now I have to send out a dozen second chance offers? Which go unclaimed of course and then I have to relist them all. Yay.

25 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

Lame, lame, lame. The number of crumbs ducking out on their winning bids lately has been mushrooming. It used to be that everyone simply didn't pay and didn't respond and I would file a NPB. But lately everyone feels the need to contact me, offer up a tale and then ask me to cancel the order for them. Yesterday it was a buyer who won SIXTEEN auctions for over $150.00 and waited 5 days to tell me he simply can't pay for them. I counted on those funds and now I have to send out a dozen second chance offers? Which go unclaimed of course and then I have to relist them all. Yay.

Yup, had a non-payer on a 4-figure book recently. They stated they would, and did, give me positive feedback for my understanding... Gee thanks for extorting my silence politely....

Wanted to share this to shed some hope on eBay's siding with sellers. 

I handle my mom's account.  It's the least I can do for a few things she has done for me.  One of 'her' customers initiated a return with the reasoning of, "Just didn't like it" and "it's not my style.Mom called me and was upset because she would rather give her stuff away then deal with this.   I don't really understand that because I am the one that deals with it lol.  Either way... one simple call to eBay while I was doing some other things and eBay agreed that her reasoning was NOT a reason for a return given that the item listed stated no returns would be accepted.  eBay immediately closed it out in our favor.  To me, it is no loss of a customer as this 'customer' would just be in the habit of 'buying things' to just return them at whim.   Upon looking closer at the buyer's account it seems she has a little bit of history of buying things only to return them.  It is good to see eBay look at that aspect and say, "Enough."

eBay sided with the seller...  See folks... it happens. 

FullSizeRender-3.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

I spent my $8.00 of ebay bucks on a VF/NM copy of The Boys 2.  Book came in an envelope curled in half and has dozens of spine ticks.  If I return it do they give my eBay bucks back or do I just lose them?

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I spent my $8.00 of ebay bucks on a VF/NM copy of The Boys 2.  Book came in an envelope curled in half and has dozens of spine ticks.  If I return it do they give my eBay bucks back or do I just lose them?

They return to your account and you can use again.

I gotta tell y'al...I have been getting some very complimentary feedback lately. Imma get a big head if this keeps up!

Positive feedback rating Great seller!! Would definitely buy from again!! Buyer: During past month
  AVENGERS 80 more mid grade grooviness starring Red Wolf (#223482568241) US $9.00 View Item AVENGERS 80 more mid grade grooviness starring Red Wolf
Positive feedback rating Perfection seriously buy from him Buyer: During past month
  MS. MARVEL 17 great cover! (#223481283314)
US $18.00
Best Offer Price was AcceptedThis item was listed in fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price.
View Item MS. MARVEL 17 great cover!
Positive feedback rating Amazing item! Seller was incredible! Received item as described and shipped fast Buyer: During past month
  X-MEN 104 (#223482498271)
US $22.50
Best Offer Price was AcceptedThis item was listed in fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price.
View Item X-MEN 104
Positive feedback rating Awesome thank you! Buyer: During past month
  high grade RUNE VS VENOM 1st winged Venom (#323774789817)
US $9.00
View Item high grade RUNE VS VENOM 1st winged Venom
Positive feedback rating Excellent Seller. Shipped Fast. Packaged Well. Thank You !!! Buyer: During past month
  strange adventures 5 comic lot 175 184 185 188 189 2nd Animal Man (#323775796253)
US $16.20
View Item strange adventures 5 comic lot 175 184 185 188 189 2nd Animal Man
Positive feedback rating Excellent Seller. Shipped Fast. Packaged Well. Thank You !!! Buyer: During past month
  strange adventures 7 comic lot 166 167 175 179 183 178 184 (2nd Animal Man) (#323775798303)
US $27.00
View Item strange adventures 7 comic lot 166 167 175 179 183 178 184 (2nd Animal Man)
Positive feedback rating Item as described. Safely packaged!! SUPERFAST shipping! I'd buy from again. Buyer: During past month
  ACTION COMICS 1 loot crate reprint (#323777862876) US $9.00 View Item ACTION COMICS 1 loot crate reprint
Positive feedback rating Item as described. Safely packaged!! SUPERFAST shipping! I'd buy from again. Buyer: During past month
  CAPTAIN AMERICA 1-6 NM Chris Evans photo cover (#323774234207)
US $7.20
View Item CAPTAIN AMERICA 1-6 NM Chris Evans photo cover
Positive feedback rating Beautiful book as described. Well packed & fast shipping. A+++++ Buyer: During past month
Edited by Bird
maybe a lot of it is because I sell books cheap to move them!

On 4/26/2019 at 11:48 PM, Kramerica said:

:pullhair:

1 hour ago, Kramerica said:

I know, right? I should never have left the safe, mellow, hip, warm and welcoming vibes of the CGC Boards :cloud9:

It's cold and ruthless out there :preach:

Ah, but you can have the best of both worlds. 

Let me know the next time you are starting a sales thread, and for the duration of that thread, once a day, I will send you a PM entitled "Tips for selling your items on the CGC Boards"!

New abusive buyer protections and reporting feature update

We're implementing stronger measures against buyers who don't follow eBay's abusive buyer policy. We're introducing new measures to proactively find abusive buyers, prevent them from filing return requests, and in some cases suspend them. When we find that a buyer violated the policy, we will remove any feedback and defects, including opened cases in service metrics.

We've also made it easier for you to report buyers who violate eBay policies. Now when you report a buyer, you can more clearly describe what the buyer is doing to help us investigate potential policy violations and take actions to protect you.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-spring/seller-protections.html

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

We're implementing stronger measures against buyers who don't follow eBay's abusive buyer policy. We're introducing new measures to proactively find abusive buyers, prevent them from filing return requests, and in some cases suspend them. When we find that a buyer violated the policy, we will remove any feedback and defects, including opened cases in service metrics.

We've also made it easier for you to report buyers who violate eBay policies. Now when you report a buyer, you can more clearly describe what the buyer is doing to help us investigate potential policy violations and take actions to protect you.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-spring/seller-protections.html

:whee:

On 4/30/2019 at 11:59 AM, ygogolak said:

I don’t know that I would get TOO excited about this. 

Because of the current situation I’m dealing with I took the time to read over a lot of the information and links that pertained to this new policy. 

One thing that stood out: when you file an Abusive Buyer complaint it’s up to eBay’s discretion what action they take. And it straight-up says their chosen action may be to do nothing. 

Call me a cynic but I have a feeling “do nothing” is going to be their SOP and pushing that button is going to be about the only satisfaction you’re going to get. 

22 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I don’t know that I would get TOO excited about this. 

Because of the current situation I’m dealing with I took the time to read over a lot of the information and links that pertained to this new policy. 

One thing that stood out: when you file an Abusive Buyer complaint it’s up to eBay’s discretion what action they take. And it straight-up says their chosen action may be to do nothing. 

Call me a cynic but I have a feeling “do nothing” is going to be their SOP and pushing that button is going to be about the only satisfaction you’re going to get. 

Placebos work sometimes.

So I am wondering what would be the recommended course of action.  I did a purchase of a book I was looking for, to replace a current book I have in "hopefully" a better condition and to get it signed.

My original is signed but not witnessed, which was my own screw up not understanding back then the rules of engagement, so to speak.

So I find one in the price range I am looking for with the seller accepting offers.  I send them an offer, they counter, I counter back, they counter, I accept.  In all honesty I likely overpaid but I am willing to accept that because of my need for it currently.

Now back to my question.  Ebay provides the "expected delivery" estimate.  It is within the window that I need it by.  As soon as the counter comes in that I accept I paid.  I waited a full 24hrs and sent a polite message just inquiring when to expect shipping info.

Spoiler

Message_1.jpg.bb75f9f8645dd85f481a21c1352e7554.jpg

I get no response.  Another day goes by, I get notification from ebay this time that the item has shipped, mind you still nothing from the seller.

So again I reach out and politely ask about tracking information.

Spoiler

Message_2.jpg.147369ab2204b34491ca284a4a01b723.jpg

The following day the seller finally responds that he would provide tracking that evening. 

Spoiler

Message_3.jpg.568e8983504dc685576439c64863d5dd.jpg

That has been 5 days ago. 

I have received the item, ebay still shows it as shipped not delivered.

I want to give feedback so if others bid/win from this person they will know that he is unresponsive or just will simply not provide tracking info.  Should I just forget it or put it is an neutral?