• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

If you received the actual item as described I probably wouldn't be leaving neutral, you can mark them down on the star scores for communication though.  Also sometimes paypal/ebay put the tracking number in different places, you may have to check both to be sure.

Edited by 90sChild

14 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

If you received the actual item as described I probably wouldn't be leaving neutral, you can mark them down on the star scores for communication though.  Also sometimes paypal/ebay put the tracking number in different places, you may have to check both to be sure.

27 minutes ago, the blob said:

If a lable was generated via ebay / PayPal ought you have the tracking number too?

I had not thought of PayPal for tracking.  Went and looked, nothing there either.

i will just lower star and mention in comments about lack of tracking.

thanks for for feedback, it was definitely helpful!

Do people leave negative or neutral feedback when a seller cancels an order? Happens to me about once a month. I buy something relatively quickly after it's listed, then the seller cancels within a few hours. Sometimes I get a note with some excuse for a price screwup (the latest was a distracting toddler), sometimes I don't. I've been leaving negatives or neutrals depending on the details, but maybe that is too harsh?

On 5/2/2019 at 5:01 PM, Crops068 said:

So I am wondering what would be the recommended course of action.  I did a purchase of a book I was looking for, to replace a current book I have in "hopefully" a better condition and to get it signed.

My original is signed but not witnessed, which was my own screw up not understanding back then the rules of engagement, so to speak.

So I find one in the price range I am looking for with the seller accepting offers.  I send them an offer, they counter, I counter back, they counter, I accept.  In all honesty I likely overpaid but I am willing to accept that because of my need for it currently.

Now back to my question.  Ebay provides the "expected delivery" estimate.  It is within the window that I need it by.  As soon as the counter comes in that I accept I paid.  I waited a full 24hrs and sent a polite message just inquiring when to expect shipping info.

Reveal hidden contents

Message_1.jpg.bb75f9f8645dd85f481a21c1352e7554.jpg

I get no response.  Another day goes by, I get notification from ebay this time that the item has shipped, mind you still nothing from the seller.

So again I reach out and politely ask about tracking information.

Reveal hidden contents

Message_2.jpg.147369ab2204b34491ca284a4a01b723.jpg

The following day the seller finally responds that he would provide tracking that evening. 

Reveal hidden contents

Message_3.jpg.568e8983504dc685576439c64863d5dd.jpg

That has been 5 days ago. 

I have received the item, ebay still shows it as shipped not delivered.

I want to give feedback so if others bid/win from this person they will know that he is unresponsive or just will simply not provide tracking info.  Should I just forget it or put it is an neutral?

Forget it, you got your item I don't see what the issue is.

16 hours ago, october said:

Do people leave negative or neutral feedback when a seller cancels an order? Happens to me about once a month. I buy something relatively quickly after it's listed, then the seller cancels within a few hours. Sometimes I get a note with some excuse for a price screwup (the latest was a distracting toddler), sometimes I don't. I've been leaving negatives or neutrals depending on the details, but maybe that is too harsh?

I think cancelling an auction because of the wrong price should get a neutral or negative, they are responsible for their auction as you are responsible for your bids.  Though its a shame they don't have some system for that for buyers now that they can only get positive feedback.

9 minutes ago, wombat said:

Reserve Not Met

I don't know why sellers think this is a good strategy. I want to punch them in the face every time. 

That's why I stay away from auctions with a reserve.  I don't want to waste my time or risk a shill to push it over a high reserve price.

17 hours ago, wombat said:

Reserve Not Met

I don't know why sellers think this is a good strategy. I want to punch them in the face every time. 

I don't understand it. Just start the auction at your minimum price. Waste of everyone's time.

I bought a comic on ebay that wasn't as described. I received a full refund from the seller. I live in Canada and the seller was in the US so I had to pay $12 in import fees. I wasn't reimbursed this by ebay and they told me that they don't reimburse import fees. I've been told the opposite by other people who buy and sell on ebay. Does anyone know if ebay does reimburse import fees? Thanks.

So, I recently bought something from a UK seller, and, as a buyer, I've never dealt with the Global Shipping Program. The seller sent me a picture of the package...not boxed, by the way, but merely "padded envelope", despite me asking for them to be protected, which is sure to equal disaster...and they didn't include the GSP reference # on the package. In fact, they simply wrote the UK address of the GSP by hand on the package.

That package is never going to arrive to me, is it...?

They sent me a picture of the package with a UK address, and at first I was confused, and said that I don't live in the UK, but in the US, and maybe orders got crossed...?

The response I got back was "you need to contact eBay", which, of course, always sends me into the boughs. I didn't buy from eBay, I bought from you; your first response should NOT be "you need to contact someone else to deal with this." You're the seller...if you're going to use the GSP, you should be informed about it, and let the customer know that that's the GSP address, and don't try to pawn off your responsibility to someone else.

Anyhoo. 

I'm never going to see those books, right?

11 minutes ago, evilskip said:

Start the process with ebay by filing for a refund. Include the photo.

What a bummer. Seller's responses have been lacking, as well. Essentially "not my problem." They even said "this book shouldn't even have been listed for sale outside the UK." And I'm like...how is that even remotely the buyer's fault or problem...?

(shrug)

I think they're an occasional seller who has no idea what they're doing. Still...not the buyer's problem or responsibility.

I feel for the guy...clearly out of his depth...but it's still my money at stake, here.

14 hours ago, Franzese10 said:

I bought a comic on ebay that wasn't as described. I received a full refund from the seller. I live in Canada and the seller was in the US so I had to pay $12 in import fees. I wasn't reimbursed this by ebay and they told me that they don't reimburse import fees. I've been told the opposite by other people who buy and sell on ebay. Does anyone know if ebay does reimburse import fees? Thanks.

Better leave a negative for the seller - it’s most definetely his fault.

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

So, I recently bought something from a UK seller, and, as a buyer, I've never dealt with the Global Shipping Program. The seller sent me a picture of the package...not boxed, by the way, but merely "padded envelope", despite me asking for them to be protected, which is sure to equal disaster...and they didn't include the GSP reference # on the package. In fact, they simply wrote the UK address of the GSP by hand on the package.

That package is never going to arrive to me, is it...?

They sent me a picture of the package with a UK address, and at first I was confused, and said that I don't live in the UK, but in the US, and maybe orders got crossed...?

The response I got back was "you need to contact eBay", which, of course, always sends me into the boughs. I didn't buy from eBay, I bought from you; your first response should NOT be "you need to contact someone else to deal with this." You're the seller...if you're going to use the GSP, you should be informed about it, and let the customer know that that's the GSP address, and don't try to pawn off your responsibility to someone else.

Anyhoo. 

I'm never going to see those books, right?

Maybe if you moved to the same address in the UK?