• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I don't know how I forgot them...too many far more important things on my mind at the moment. I had them all ready to de-list on Monday, and blammo...right out of my head by yesterday, when they got relisted.

I've ended about 400 "listings" so far, but they caught me with 76. Yay for eBay, making it that much more difficult for sellers!

:applause:

It makes their "free" listing give a ways a bit less free unless you can remember to cancel.

On 5/22/2019 at 7:47 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Ha! eBay got me. Wasn't paying attention, and they got 76 automatic relists out of me with their new "good til cancelled" policy on ALL BIN listings.

lol

How charming of them.

Thanks to this new policy I just list everything as 7 or 10 day auctions, with what would have been a  BIN as a starting price. 95% of anything in that sold from a 30 day listing sold in the first week anyway, if it was going to sell it all during the listing period. 

I'm going to have to start asking raw book sellers on ebay for page counts even if they are regular comic sellers. It used to be something I only did if the seller seemed unsure or wasn't a regular comic seller, but I've had to return three books in the last few weeks for either a missing centerfold, or clipped panels to sellers who specialize in comics. Sure, everyone can miss something now and then, and I expect to return a book here and there, but either the law of averages is catching up with me, or people are getting sloppy. At least half the time one doesn't even have to count pages to see a centerfold is missing, the pages are numbered, or the art jumps to a clearly different story. 

As I get older I tend to have more “fun” with my responses to lowball offers.  This was for a piece of jewelry. 

003A4990-59A4-4C89-AD16-681BE832744C.jpeg

"Throw in some hookers n' blow, and you've got yourself a deal."

"Is that with or without your firstborn included?"

"I would love to accept your offer, but I'll have to see if that'll be enough to feed all of my kids this week, or just most of them."

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

"Throw in some hookers n' blow, and you've got yourself a deal."

"Is that with or without your firstborn included?"

"I would love to accept your offer, but I'll have to see if that'll be enough to feed all of my kids this week, or just most of them."

I've also used... 

I will happily accept that offer as soon as I know who is paying for the rest of it. 

In response to: "What's the lowest you'll go?"

My new answer: "What's the highest you'll go? 

I accepted four offers in the last week because they were reasonable.  There was no negotiation on my part.  Guy made an offer and shrugged and I said, "That's a fair offer" - Accept - 

38 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I've also used... 

I will happily accept that offer as soon as I know who is paying for the rest of it. 

In response to: "What's the lowest you'll go?"

My new answer: "What's the highest you'll go? 

I accepted four offers in the last week because they were reasonable.  There was no negotiation on my part.  Guy made an offer and shrugged and I said, "That's a fair offer" - Accept - 

Have you tried any of these Buzz:

F:censored: off

F:censored: right off

Shove it up your a:censored:?

:)

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cheer up Grumpy Cat :foryou: 

He's dead isn't he, Grumpy Cat? No more eBay offers for him. A $20 offer for a $100's of Go Cat? I'd have told him to roll it up into a cone Mark.

5 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cheer up Grumpy Cat :foryou: 

He's dead isn't he, Grumpy Cat? No more eBay offers for him. A $20 offer for a $100's of Go Cat? I'd have told him to roll it up into a cone Mark.

Ya no more earth catnip :eek: life goes on, instance, last 30 minutes there have been at least 3 jet plane fly by's for Memorial Day (thumbsu makes for quite the :o 

31 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

If the centerfold is missing. Does the next page become the new centerfold hm. If so the centerfold can't ever really be missing unless you are down to just a cover correct? hm

And does the extinguished candle care about the darkness?

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Have you tried any of these Buzz:

F:censored: off

F:censored: right off

Shove it up your a:censored:?

:)

One guy got really angry with me once and I found out that even if you block him he can still continue to message you until the listing has ended. So... I ended the listing early and relisted it. 

Another guy though, he got angry and we went back and forth until he wrote back that one of my comments actually made him laugh and then next thing I know we are trading drink recipes and BBQ hints for cooking fish despite no transaction ever being made. 

27 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

One guy got really angry with me once and I found out that even if you block him he can still continue to message you until the listing has ended. So... I ended the listing early and relisted it. 

Another guy though, he got angry and we went back and forth until he wrote back that one of my comments actually made him laugh and then next thing I know we are trading drink recipes and BBQ hints for cooking fish despite no transaction ever being made. 

The chap I work with got cut up on the motorway. Being a bit of a hot head, he chased after the bloke for miles. Caught up with him, jumped out the car, as did the other bloke, and they get ready to go. After a few seconds he says "we're being insufficiently_thoughtful_persons aren't we". At which point the other guy agrees and they shake hands, get in their cars and drive off laughing. 

5 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Won a Garfield original strip in an auction for a decent price. Within 10 minutes seller sent me a cancellation request stating he lost the item. :censored:

Bet they either 'lost it' to a better behind the scenes offer, or they'll find it again and relist it higher.

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Bet they either 'lost it' to a better behind the scenes offer, or they'll find it again and relist it higher.

Yup. I called eBay and they didn’t seem to care much. 

1 hour ago, AnkurJ said:

Yup. I called eBay and they didn’t seem to care much. 

The day that someone posts here that they contacted ebay about something and that ebay expressed genuine interest is the day I'll eat my Gorgo #1.