• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Whoa... :ohnoez:. Its like we were both having deep thoughts. By Jack Handey of course.

As a citizen of Planet 9d, I'd have to Googleate to see who that is hm

36 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

WOW!  L@@K!  Vintage. Rare. Never Read!  Free bag and board.  HOT!  KEY!  Estate sale find.  Found old box of comics in attic.  Would be VF/NM if cover weren't completely detached.

What did I miss?

"CGC It!"

On 5/27/2019 at 10:46 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

WOW!  L@@K!  Vintage. Rare. Never Read!  Free bag and board.  HOT!  KEY!  Estate sale find.  Found old box of comics in attic.  Would be VF/NM if cover weren't completely detached.

What did I miss?

:pullhair:

Triggered.

1 minute ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I brought a high grade raw book from a seller on eBay, when it arrived it wasn't high grade anymore, had it posted in the backing board and a satchel, no cardboard protection, it went straight back to the seller like a boomerang 

Some sellers are awesome 

Best part of this whole post right there.  Should have added some flying spiders or something to sweeten the pot!

Some things you just can't make up. I have a buyer who is upset that I sent something expensive, with signature required. I paid for it, I paid for the shipping. He said there will be a problem because he doesn't know when he will be back and I should have sent it the "normal way with just tracking".

11 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Some things you just can't make up. I have a buyer who is upset that I sent something expensive, with signature required. I paid for it, I paid for the shipping. He said there will be a problem because he doesn't know when he will be back and I should have sent it the "normal way with just tracking".

Hmmm, I gotta say I'm with the buyer on this one - it can be hard to arrange to be home with such a package when it arrives, and I say this as a stay-at-home dad who was home quite often.

Just now, ttfitz said:

Hmmm, I gotta say I'm with the buyer on this one - it can be hard to arrange to be home with such a package when it arrives, and I say this as a stay-at-home dad who was home quite often.

I disagree. If it is expensive and the buyer is away he should arrange some way for it to be safe; without signature confirmation it could be sitting on his porch right now and the seller would be out the item and the money should it get taken (or soaked in the rain, etc.).

2 minutes ago, ttfitz said:

I checked the address, it's a law  office, I don't want to ask if there are other people there.  He said if I sent it without signature it would have been in an electronic parcel holder, but he never bothered telling me that before I mailed it. . I suggested he call the Post office and let them know he might be delayed.

My insurance won't cover things sent over $200 without signature required, and eBay/Paypal won't cover them either.  I've had to go to the PO a number of times to pick up stuff I've bought, and if I leave the area, I ask them to hold my mail.

He says he can't get through to the PO, he's "out of town" I'm going to see if I can call them, if not and it's returned, I'm going to refund. He wants me to pay for shipping again and send it back, but that is not going to happen.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I disagree. If it is expensive and the buyer is away he should arrange some way for it to be safe; without signature confirmation it could be sitting on his porch right now and the seller would be out the item and the money should it get taken (or soaked in the rain, etc.).

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

I checked the address, it's a law  office, I don't want to ask if there are other people there.  He said if I sent it without signature it would have been in an electronic parcel holder, but he never bothered telling me that before I mailed it. . I suggested he call the Post office and let them know he might be delayed.

My insurance won't cover things sent over $200 without signature required, and eBay/Paypal won't cover them either.  I've had to go to the PO a number of times to pick up stuff I've bought, and if I leave the area, I ask them to hold my mail.

He says he can't get through to the PO, he's "out of town" I'm going to see if I can call them, if not and it's returned, I'm going to refund. He wants me to pay for shipping again and send it back, but that is not going to happen.

Oh, I'm not saying it's wrong to send it "signature required", I'm just saying I understand the buyer's point of view, it can be rough to deal with that, particularly if you didn't know that's how it would be shipped (if the listing said so, all bets are off).

I'm just saying it can be a real hassle, either making sure someone is there to receive it, or picking it up at the Post Office (most of my neighbors work 20 or more miles away, which can be over an hour drive depending on traffic).

Even if you are home most of the time, like me, it can be a hassle. Here's something right beside me here in my den/office, which gets put in the window beside the front door when I am expecting stuff, coming from experience.

note001.jpg

Edited by ttfitz
more more more