• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I checked the address, it's a law  office, I don't want to ask if there are other people there.  He said if I sent it without signature it would have been in an electronic parcel holder, but he never bothered telling me that before I mailed it. . I suggested he call the Post office and let them know he might be delayed.

My insurance won't cover things sent over $200 without signature required, and eBay/Paypal won't cover them either.  I've had to go to the PO a number of times to pick up stuff I've bought, and if I leave the area, I ask them to hold my mail.

He says he can't get through to the PO, he's "out of town" I'm going to see if I can call them, if not and it's returned, I'm going to refund. He wants me to pay for shipping again and send it back, but that is not going to happen.

PayPal covers up to $750 as long as tracking shows delivered and you meet other requirements for the seller protection. I only ship with signature for items above $750

I recently bought a slab that was sent, without my knowing, signature confirmation.  On the day of delivery, which I thought I was near, I was home on the couch and watched the mail truck pull up, wait a few, and then drive off.  I went to the box and found a "sorry we missed you" tag in there.  WTC, he never even got out of the truck :mad: . I did get the box the next day, but I prefer to have as few hands as possible on deliveries.  It would seem to lessen the misplacement of packages.  I am not a fan of signature confirmation, but if it helps ensure the delivery, I understand its use.

58 minutes ago, Poka said:

PayPal covers up to $750 as long as tracking shows delivered and you meet other requirements for the seller protection. I only ship with signature for items above $750

Really? Do you have a link to that, that's news to me and I've used Paypal since the beginning. That would be great news. I have insurance on my collection that only covers $200 unless there is a signature.

Also I called eBay and the person there said I needed signature confirmation on items over $250. I saw on the web that Paypal changed something, but I'm not sure what it pertains to.

Edited by skypinkblu
added a sentence

1 hour ago, ttfitz said:

Oh, I'm not saying it's wrong to send it "signature required", I'm just saying I understand the buyer's point of view, it can be rough to deal with that, particularly if you didn't know that's how it would be shipped (if the listing said so, all bets are off).

I'm just saying it can be a real hassle, either making sure someone is there to receive it, or picking it up at the Post Office (most of my neighbors work 20 or more miles away, which can be over an hour drive depending on traffic).

Even if you are home most of the time, like me, it can be a hassle. Here's something right beside me here in my den/office, which gets put in the window beside the front door when I am expecting stuff, coming from experience.

note001.jpg

I have the same sign but it's a little neater;) 

I would never send a signature thingy to you, Tim;) 

29 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I have the same sign but it's a little neater;) 

Well, you probably didn't just pull a sheet of paper from the recycle pile to make yours.

29 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I would never send a signature thingy to you, Tim;) 

Of course not - I'm much too cheap to make it necessary! lol

@skypinkblu @cigars&comix 

They changed the policy from $250 to $750 back in 2014 :bigsmile:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection

Postage requirement

Protection for Item Not Received

For items less than $750 USD (or equivalent as set out below)*, Proof of Shipment or Proof of Delivery (for intangible or virtual items or services)

For items of $750 USD or more (or equivalent as set out below)*, Proof of Delivery (for tangible items)  or Proof of Delivery (for intangible or virtual items or services)

Protection for Unauthorized Transaction

Proof of Shipment

32 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Which makes a lot more sense (cents) for them.

yea - got to love a coupon which I'm sure a lot of people forget about and requires you to buy more product at a later date.  Kohl's does it well with their Kohl's Cash day.

12 hours ago, Poka said:

@skypinkblu @cigars&comix 

They changed the policy from $250 to $750 back in 2014 :bigsmile:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection

Postage requirement

Protection for Item Not Received

For items less than $750 USD (or equivalent as set out below)*, Proof of Shipment or Proof of Delivery (for intangible or virtual items or services)

For items of $750 USD or more (or equivalent as set out below)*, Proof of Delivery (for tangible items)  or Proof of Delivery (for intangible or virtual items or services)

Protection for Unauthorized Transaction

Proof of Shipment

this is for a merchant account - where you use paypal services for accepting credit card charges, they act as a bank.

i dont think this applies if your just a seller. maybe im wrong..

24 minutes ago, cigars&comix said:

this is for a merchant account - where you use paypal services for accepting credit card charges, they act as a bank.

i dont think this applies if your just a seller. maybe im wrong..

It says Merchant account, I'm just a regular account. In any case, it doesn't mean eBay won't refund the buyer and charge me if the book is not signed for.

11 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

It says Merchant account, I'm just a regular account. In any case, it doesn't mean eBay won't refund the buyer and charge me if the book is not signed for.

i do have a merchant account but you should check the legal terms for personal accounts. btw - doesn’t cost anything to get a merchant account

this is the link to paypal’s legal agreement. choose your location and the legal agreement applicable to all users

https://www.paypal.com/qa/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full

I am pretty sure the $750 applies to all sellers, not just merchants

@cigars&comix

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Edited by Poka
Just because

On 6/4/2019 at 6:41 PM, skypinkblu said:

He says he can't get through to the PO, he's "out of town" I'm going to see if I can call them, if not and it's returned, I'm going to refund. He wants me to pay for shipping again and send it back, but that is not going to happen.

doh!

Perhaps this is just not the right buyer.

3 hours ago, Poka said:

this is the link to paypal’s legal agreement. choose your location and the legal agreement applicable to all users

@cigars&comix

Thanks, but does this mean that if someone does not receive an item that Paypal will reimburse me if eBay takes the money from my account? 

44 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Thanks, but does this mean that if someone does not receive an item that Paypal will reimburse me if eBay takes the money from my account? 

eBay and PayPal’s policies are in sync. Whoever from eBay told you to do tracking for items over $250 do not know their own policies.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/helping-buyers-items-not-received?id=4116

C3D2ED31-C06A-4591-B227-1E586C0B75D4.jpeg

8 hours ago, Poka said:

@cigars&comix

I hope Im wrong but it looks like this is for BUYER protection, not Seller protection. Go to the agreement section you mentioned and read just above your earlier quote , as it states...

Our online dispute resolution process

If you’re unable to resolve a transaction related issue directly with a seller, you must follow our online dispute resolution process .....

Proof of delivery means:

•     For transactions that total less than $750 U.S. dollars (or the foreign currency threshold in the table below), confirmation that can be viewed online and includes the delivery address showing at least city/state or zip code, delivery date, and the identity of the shipping company you used.
  •     For transactions that total $750 U.S. dollar (or the foreign currency threshold in the table below) or more, you must provide signature confirmation of delivery.