• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cigars&comix said:

I hope Im wrong but it looks like this is for BUYER protection, not Seller protection. Go to the agreement section you mentioned and read just above your earlier quote , as it states...

Our online dispute resolution process

If you’re unable to resolve a transaction related issue directly with a seller, you must follow our online dispute resolution process .....

Proof of delivery means:

•     For transactions that total less than $750 U.S. dollars (or the foreign currency threshold in the table below), confirmation that can be viewed online and includes the delivery address showing at least city/state or zip code, delivery date, and the identity of the shipping company you used.
  •     For transactions that total $750 U.S. dollar (or the foreign currency threshold in the table below) or more, you must provide signature confirmation of delivery.

Not sure what section you are referring to but you are wrong. Section 9 of the PayPal legal agreement refers to seller protection.

also if does not make any sense, why would a buyer have to provide signature confirmation of delivery?

anyway - trying to help you guys. Feel free to continue to sending with signature for items below $750

36 minutes ago, Poka said:

Not sure what section you are referring to but you are wrong. Section 9 of the PayPal legal agreement refers to seller protection.

also if does not make any sense, why would a buyer have to provide signature confirmation of delivery?

anyway - trying to help you guys. Feel free to continue to sending with signature for items below $750

Thank you for trying to help, however the information you are showing is for Singapore. I live in the U.S.

When I look up the Paypal rules, I see this. The U.S. is not listed on that threshold table.  In any case, it's moot, my insurance company, who WILL refund me if a package is lost, requires the signature confirmation over $200.

I don't sell that much on eBay anymore, but I did call the proper person and I asked the correct questions. Paypal and eBay are not always in sinc anymore unfortunately.

Establishing proof of delivery or proof of shipment

The following is required as:

Proof of shipment

Proof of delivery

Online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes:

• Date of shipment
  • An address for the recipient that matches the shipping address on the Transaction Details page
  • An address for the recipient showing at least the city/state, city/country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).

Online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes:

• Date of delivery and ‘delivered’ status
  • An address for the recipient that matches the shipping address on the Transaction Details page
  • An address for the recipient showing at least the city/state, city/country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).
  • Signature confirmation, if the full amount of the payment including shipping and taxes exceeds a fixed amount (based on the currency of the payment) from the signature confirmation threshold table below. Signature confirmation is online documentation, viewable at the shipping company’s website, indicating that the item was signed for.

IMPORTANT: Your choice of carrier and shipment options with that carrier can have a big impact on your ability to meet the proof of delivery requirements. Please ensure, especially when shipping goods internationally, that your carrier can provide ‘delivered’ status at the correct address, or your Seller Protection claim may be denied.

and when you sell an item for more than $250 it says this where you print the shipping label.

the Signature Confirmation box is checked off and this additional information shows- Signature Confirmation is optional but has been selected for you by eBay, because purchasing it can help protect you if the buyer claims the item wasn't received and opens an eBay Buyer Protection case

I have been buying stamps on ebay and they are significantly cheaper.  Today i went to buy some and one of the feedbacks said 'counterfeit stamps'.  This led me to do some research and it seems the market is flooded with counterfeit stamps.  Only buying from post office from now on.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Stamp-Collectors/Modern-Fake-Stamps-are-Flooding-the-Market/td-p/24447450

Was just doping around on the bay...found this listing for ASM 37............:sick:..........I have no idea what this guy, 0 points, is thinking, except to get views maybe.  Messaged him about having the wrong picture posted, but still waiting for a response.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-37-Marvel-Comics-1966-CGC-9-0-Norman-Osborn-1st-Appearance/223550040857?hash=item340c9eeb19:g:WDoAAOSwFpdc9prh

Just in case anyone is buying on eBay the next couple of days. They have a $3 coupon PROMO3

• This coupon will apply to your entire order. Redeem coupon at checkout with your eBay account. Offer valid through June 17, 2019 at 11:59pm pst or while promotion last
  • Excludes warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Stamps, Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories. 

3 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

Was just doping around on the bay...found this listing for ASM 37............:sick:..........I have no idea what this guy, 0 points, is thinking, except to get views maybe.  Messaged him about having the wrong picture posted, but still waiting for a response.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-37-Marvel-Comics-1966-CGC-9-0-Norman-Osborn-1st-Appearance/223550040857?hash=item340c9eeb19:g:WDoAAOSwFpdc9prh

it looks like a 9.0 to me. but then again I have the worst case of cataracts every seen buy the human eye.

1 hour ago, Ducktape said:

Just in case anyone is buying on eBay the next couple of days. They have a $3 coupon PROMO3

• This coupon will apply to your entire order. Redeem coupon at checkout with your eBay account. Offer valid through June 17, 2019 at 11:59pm pst or while promotion last
  • Excludes warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Stamps, Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories. 

Thanks!

M2s/FBs

6 hours ago, DR.X said:

it looks like a 9.0 to me. but then again I have the worst case of cataracts every seen buy the human eye.

It looks 9.0 driving by full throttle on your bike while hitting a speed bump.

5 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Cos you ah fahin irriot. 

Reveal hidden contents

:)

eBay's been a boop-show for about a month now. Watch List items disappearing, watched items reappearing that were deleted, and now I'm forced to read hieroglyphs?

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

eBay's been a boop-show for about a month now. Watch List items disappearing, watched items reappearing that were deleted, and now I'm forced to read hieroglyphs?

And, to quote The Quo, it's Happening All Over The World

"We don't like it, don't like it, don't like it, don't like it, don't la-la-la like it, la-la-la like here we go-oh! ebay is a bucket-o-shyet" :headbang:

OK, that last line didn't scan / rhyme but you get the picture. As Sleepy once said "I'm not Happy"

5 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

And, to quote The Quo, it's Happening All Over The World

"We don't like it, don't like it, don't like it, don't like it, don't la-la-la like it, la-la-la like here we go-oh! ebay is a bucket-o-shyet" :headbang:

OK, that last line didn't scan / rhyme but you get the picture. As Sleepy once said "I'm not Happy"

白痴

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Took you 3 hours, huh? lol

Yes. 30 minute walk there, 30 back, two hours eating in the middle. I'm all chow meined out :p