• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, jcjames said:

So the buyer bought the item using Venmo, but was never sent the item and then was ghosted?

correct. the only recourse is public shaming

8 minutes ago, Bird said:

correct. the only recourse is public shaming

Or finding out everything about the guy and calling his place of business to ask his employer if he is using company time to defraud people and that his work computer should be monitored and checked.  Then calling his relatives to see if they can get in touch with him.  Then calling every place associated with the guy once and only once.  Calling the same place more than once can be considered harassment. 

I have a lot of time on my hands taking the LIRR back and forth for an hour each way to the city. 

Edited by Buzzetta

I would never use Venmo for anything ever.

I ordered custom original art from an artist via Venmo. Never received the art. Requested refund and denied. Chase Bank said that there is nothing that can be done because of the nature of the company.

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Or finding out everything about the guy and calling his place of business to ask his employer if he is using company time to defraud people and that his work computer should be monitored and checked.  Then calling his relatives to see if they can get in touch with him.  Then calling every place associated with the guy once and only once.  Calling the same place more than once can be considered harassment. 

I have a lot of time on my hands taking the LIRR back and forth for an hour each way to the city. 

Yeah so do folks here who sell of FB use their personal FB account? Do buyers see all your family pictures and friends see that you're selling stacks of "NM" drek that won't sell on Feebay?

22 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Yay my first return as a seller on Feebay! (buyer said "just didn't like it" and noted "CGC case had scratches")

So... apparently... a seller cannot create a return shipping label through Feebay?

I called and was told they can't create a return shipping label because they can't figure out how to swap the buyer and seller locations on the label, even though they have all the address information in their database???

So the only way they said for me to do it is this:

1. Seller creates and purchases shipping label outside of Ebay (like through USPS website).

2. Seller prints a copy of the label.

3. Seller scans the copy and creates a .pdf

4. Seller sends the pdf shipping label to buyer inside of Feebay message system.

5. Buyer opens .pdf and prints label and uses it.

Is this really how it's done????

Again, is this typical???

Just now, jcjames said:

Yeah so do folks here who sell of FB use their personal FB account? Do buyers see all your family pictures and friends see that you're selling stacks of "NM" drek that won't sell on Feebay?

I have never had a personal account and only joined FB to sell comics. So (shrug)

4 minutes ago, jcjames said:

I only have one Facebook account but I have some tight security restrictions. 

No one can see my friends list. You can only see mutual friends.  I had an incident with someone that I am no longer friends with. 

There are a couple of boardies here that are on my page and there are a few boardies here that follow my Instagram page. I really do not post anything to do about comics and things.   I'm more of a, "OMG Is that insufficiently_thoughtful_person stripping and trying to do gymnastics between cars on the subway? Better get out my cell phone and record this" type of guy. 

This was the last thing I posted on FB (and I think IG) from the L train... 

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 1.05.32 PM.png

15 hours ago, KobaltDog said:

I think it's just that it's empty. Sold for $4,165 yesterday, what is going on. 

wow.. whats is going on I know double covers get a bit of a bump sometimes but... hmm I dunno 

21 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I would never use Venmo for anything ever.

I ordered custom original art from an artist via Venmo. Never received the art. Requested refund and denied. Chase Bank said that there is nothing that can be done because of the nature of the company.

Venmo is for sending money between friends. Say for instance you go out to eat, one person pays the whole check and the other can send them their portion through Venmo. People don't generally carry cash anymore.

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Venmo is for sending money between friends. Say for instance you go out to eat, one person pays the whole check and the other can send them their portion through Venmo. People don't generally carry cash anymore.

Yes.

I prefer PayPal Friends/Family, but Venmo fills that same service. I didn't know that was its primary function until after this painful experience. It was $200 IIRC. Pretty large-sized apples.

1 minute ago, Callaway29 said:

Just got hit with sales tax for the first time on ebay (that I’ve noticed anyways). $36. Ouch!

Someone please save me some research. Is this what I will experience from now on for every transaction (can’t remember if the seller’s location is a factor as well)?

Pretty sure it's based on where you live, because they don't collect sales tax from my state (yet :wishluck:).

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
9 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Just got hit with sales tax for the first time on ebay (that I’ve noticed anyways). $36. Ouch!

Someone please save me some research. Is this what I will experience from now on for every transaction (can’t remember if the seller’s location is a factor as well)?

Pretty sure it's based on where you live, because they don't collect sales tax from my state (yet :wishluck:).

Ya it's where the buyer lives....

Question did it tell you before you hit buy it Now?

My state starts I believe in October, tying to get ahead of the curve....

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya it's where the buyer lives....

Question did it tell you before you hit buy it Now?

My state starts I believe in October, tying to get ahead of the curve....

It was an auction that I used a snipe tool to win, so not sure...but it didn’t show until the very last step of checking out. I’m in Virginia for what it’s worth.

8 hours ago, Bird said:

BIN listings now running for 31 days...this is a change from 30, right?

I like it to be honest. 

The one thing they did that was smart to do for both buyer and the seller is that when something is relisted you are automatically still watching it. Previously, if something ended and I wanted to add it again to my watch list, I had to to go to items in my watch list that had ended and click on the banner that said, "the seller has relisted this item."  Now, I am still watching it. As a buyer that is a great convenience.  As a seller it is also a great service because if a coupon pops up or some other incentive, that buyer is no longer hunting around for my item.  It is already in his list waiting to be purchased.