• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I like it to be honest. 

The one thing they did that was smart to do for both buyer and the seller is that when something is relisted you are automatically still watching it. Previously, if something ended and I wanted to add it again to my watch list, I had to to go to items in my watch list that had ended and click on the banner that said, "the seller has relisted this item."  Now, I am still watching it. As a buyer that is a great convenience.  As a seller it is also a great service because if a coupon pops up or some other incentive, that buyer is no longer hunting around for my item.  It is already in his list waiting to be purchased. 

I like it too.

On 6/30/2019 at 6:39 PM, skypinkblu said:

If you look on eBay there is a ton of information under "selling", advice, videos, etc. However most of us would probably advise you to try selling the books here, first...as there are no fees here. 

Best of luck!

People sell here? :) Man, do I have some things to learn. I guess I'm going to have to spend the day reading a LOT here.

On 6/30/2019 at 7:14 PM, kav said:

My advice: ship immediately.  Do not argue.  Make customer satisfaction job one.  Pack well.   I've always had 100% feedback and repeat customers using this strategem.

Thank you! What are the best days to start a 7-day auction? I.e., would you post an auction on a Saturday night? And what's the ideal time? In that 8pm to 10pm EST time? (Thanks in advance.)

1 hour ago, Ditko37 said:

Thank you! What are the best days to start a 7-day auction? I.e., would you post an auction on a Saturday night? And what's the ideal time? In that 8pm to 10pm EST time? (Thanks in advance.)

I like sat 4PM PST

If I'm going to list 35 or so items in the next 2 months, should I get a Starter Ebay store?

And here's an intriguing question (for me, anyway). Let's say I have 4 ASMs or 4 Silver Surfers: would you spread them out over 2-4 days, or would it be best to list 2, 3, or 4 at one time?

I stuck between a person who might just want to nab 2-4 in one night, to save no shipping, or would they be scared off by that many in one night, and would prefer to "space it out"?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Ditko37 said:

If I'm going to list 35 or so items in the next 2 months, should I get a Starter Ebay store?

And here's an intriguing question (for me, anyway). Let's say I have 4 ASMs or 4 Silver Surfers: would you spread them out over 2-4 days, or would it be best to list 2, 3, or 4 at one time?

I stuck between a person who might just want to nab 2-4 in one night, to save no shipping, or would they be scared off by that many in one night, and would prefer to "space it out"?

Thanks.

Depends on the value of your books. If you have one $3k book then the store pays for itself with that sale alone... Check out the benefits and do the math (believe overall final value fees are reduced from 10% to around 9%, but the biggie is final value fees are capped at $250 vs $750 with store).

Regarding selling multiples...I would spread them out and avoid having multiples up at the same time (creating competition for yourself). As far as which to list first...? Whichever one(s) will set a better baseline for your follow-on sales is the ones you should sell up front...as in, better eye appeal. Don’t want to create a bad comp and THEN sell another one.

16 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Depends on the value of your books. If you have one $3k book then the store pays for itself with that sale alone... Check out the benefits and do the math (believe overall final value fees are reduced from 10% to around 9%, but the biggie is final value fees are capped at $250 vs $750 with store).

Regarding selling multiples...I would spread them out and avoid having multiples up at the same time (creating competition for yourself). As far as which to list first...? Whichever one(s) will set a better baseline for your follow-on sales is the ones you should sell up front...as in, better eye appeal. Don’t want to create a bad comp and THEN sell another one.

Thanks for all this. I have 32 books that will range between $100 to 500, and a couple of outliers that will go from 500-1000.

And apologies, but I didn't mean "multiples", like four ASM #129, but (for example), ASM #38-41. Should I then list two one nights, or all four in the same night?

8 minutes ago, Ditko37 said:

Thanks for all this. I have 32 books that will range between $100 to 500, and a couple of outliers that will go from 500-1000.

And apologies, but I didn't mean "multiples", like four ASM #129, but (for example), ASM #38-41. Should I then list two one nights, or all four in the same night?

Don't you get the 50 free listings each month? You could just use those. I myself would list consecutive books at the same time preferably. And I would mention that in the listings.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:15 AM, Callaway29 said:

Just got hit with sales tax for the first time on ebay (that I’ve noticed anyways). $36. Ouch!

Someone please save me some research. Is this what I will experience from now on for every transaction (can’t remember if the seller’s location is a factor as well)?

Beats my experience. I just purchased a $3K book. Oofta.

Somehow I'm not surprised that they neglected to send out an email on this prior to going into effect.

RE - https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/paying-items/paying-tax-ebay-purchases?id=4771&st=2&pos=2&query=Paying tax on eBay purchases&intent=tax

12 minutes ago, Howling Mad said:

Beats my experience. I just purchased a $3K book. Oofta.

Somehow I'm not surprised that they neglected to send out an email on this prior to going into effect.

RE - https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/paying-items/paying-tax-ebay-purchases?id=4771&st=2&pos=2&query=Paying tax on eBay purchases&intent=tax

Oh wow, great info! If anyone's curious, this link shows the effective-by dates for sales tax by state.

On 7/14/2019 at 7:24 PM, Ditko37 said:

Make sure you base your pricing on SOLD history on ebay. If you go by Overstreet or for what others are selling for, they will just sit.

I usually do a 3 month history. When you get big then there is a program called Terapeak to search sales. It comes free with certain ebay stores.

Good Luck. I started selling last year and I have the premium store now with 1000 free listings a month.

Very strange thing.

I got four EB messages saying I changed my password four different times, from about 2AM to about 8AM. But I didn't change them.

I immediately checked all activity and nothing unusual, no unusual purchases, bids or anything. I called Feebay and the recording said unless there was any unusual purchases or bids, I should just change my password and that's all. So I did.

But, very strange.

Same day I had three instances of attempted unauthorized logins to my fasebook account from three different cities across the country.

I know Mercury is in retrograde right now, but this is real strange. I've changed my FB PW also (twice) and a few other account passwords.

Anyone else seeing unusual activity in Feebay or other accounts lately?

4 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Very strange thing.

I got four EB messages saying I changed my password four different times, from about 2AM to about 8AM. But I didn't change them.

I immediately checked all activity and nothing unusual, no unusual purchases, bids or anything. I called Feebay and the recording said unless there was any unusual purchases or bids, I should just change my password and that's all. So I did.

But, very strange.

Same day I had three instances of attempted unauthorized logins to my fasebook account from three different cities across the country.

I know Mercury is in retrograde right now, but this is real strange. I've changed my FB PW also (twice) and a few other account passwords.

looks like your on hacker radar. i would do 2 step verification of every site that offers it asap (paypal, your email accounts, bank accounts etc). also call feebay direct to ask what else you can do.  

talking from experience

24 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Very strange thing.

But, very strange.

I'm sure this isn't related, but a couple of months ago, I had 3 unauthorized bank transactions - one from Atlanta, one from Seattle, and one from New Jersey. $8,000 total. The bank had to shut my account down and open a new one -  and of course give me all my money back.