• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,166 posts in this topic

Are my eyes going or is the same book listed in both of these listings from two different sellers?  I'm assuming one of them snagged the photo from the other  :facepalm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORBIDDEN-TALES-OF-DARK-MANSION-5/351833860532?hash=item51eaeea9b4:g:ZQoAAOSwvzRX0cod

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORBIDDEN-TALES-OF-DARK-MANSION-5/351833860532?hash=item51eaeea9b4:g:ZQoAAOSwvzRX0cod

same listing

Sometimes, when I do a search, I get fooled the same way. Ebay will show a 'sponsored listing' (I have no idea what that is). And also show the original listing (without the 'sponsored' tag). So, basically, you have the same listing twice.

Edited by Gaard

6 hours ago, Gaard said:

same listing

Sometimes, when I do a search, I get fooled the same way. Ebay will show a 'sponsored listing' (I have no idea what that is). And also show the original listing (without the 'sponsored' tag). So, basically, you have the same listing twice.

That and adding things to my search that are completely unrelated are recent additions that have been driving me nuts.

Anyone else search for something, for eBay to claim "10 listings match your search", but you only see 3 of them...?

I have "Worldwide" location checked off, etc. There are no sellers that would have blocked me for comics (only seller I ever had beef with was a guy who delivered a counterfeit MtG card).

On 9/6/2019 at 2:48 AM, Gaard said:

same listing

:tonofbricks: Maybe I had too much whiskey that night before getting on the ol feebay  

What's going on with buyers on eBay?  I only auctioned 8 books last week and 2 of them were non-paying bidders.  That's 25% deadbeats. Is anyone else having this problem?

Edited by D84

21 hours ago, D84 said:

What's going on with buyers on eBay?  I only auctioned 8 books last week and 2 of them were non-paying bidders.  That's 25% deadbeats. Is anyone else having this problem?

what books were the non-paying ones?

I have a theory that some sellers sabotage other peoples auctions by bidding them up so their own auction looks like the bargain. Lots of shenanigans to be had on ebay.

11 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

what books were the non-paying ones?

I have a theory that some sellers sabotage other peoples auctions by bidding them up so their own auction looks like the bargain. Lots of shenanigans to be had on ebay.

1. Detective Comics 32 (coverless, incomplete)
  2. Detective Comics 1000 Alex Ross Tec 27 Homage CGC 9.9

Hm 

Using the Global Shipping Program, the Australian buyer reached out to let me know that they did not receive the item asking if there was anything I could do.  Upon looking, it is still in Kentucky.  I called up eBay and they cannot explain why either.  The buyer had made three other purchases and each time the label is generated from eBay.   All previous purchases were similar items that have been or are about to be received.  Supposedly ebay will get back to me.  Stay tuned. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 5.53.53 AM.png

On 9/12/2019 at 5:55 AM, Buzzetta said:

Hm 

Using the Global Shipping Program, the Australian buyer reached out to let me know that they did not receive the item asking if there was anything I could do.  Upon looking, it is still in Kentucky.  I called up eBay and they cannot explain why either.  The buyer had made three other purchases and each time the label is generated from eBay.   All previous purchases were similar items that have been or are about to be received.  Supposedly ebay will get back to me.  Stay tuned. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 5.53.53 AM.png

Quick follow up to this... I just called eBay again for the customer. 

eBay tried to play a little game and suggest that sometimes a nation will not allow items of a certain value to enter their country. 

Here is the fun.  I pointed out that the buyer purchased a similar item of similar value on the OTHER account I run AFTER the above purchase using GSP. In that time, the item has reached the buyer.  I gave the item number of the other item from the other account.  They out me on hold to speak to someone.  heh heh, 

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Quick follow up to this... I just called eBay again for the customer. 

eBay tried to play a little game and suggest that sometimes a nation will not allow items of a certain value to enter their country. 

Here is the fun.  I pointed out that the buyer purchased a similar item of similar value on the OTHER account I run AFTER the above purchase using GSP. In that time, the item has reached the buyer.  I gave the item number of the other item from the other account.  They out me on hold to speak to someone.  heh heh, 

Nice try ebay.  This ranks up there with the cat bid on your item-

11 minutes ago, kav said:

Nice try ebay.  This ranks up there with the cat bid on your item-

I am honestly guessing that the CSR doesn't care.  She just wants to keep everyone happy especially since it was around 7:30 am in the Philippines when I called. However, if the item does not reach her or is held up in Kentucky, then eBay is on the hook to make it right to all parties. They refund the money to her and they also have to pay me for the piece as they are currently in possession of it.  Anyone care to chime in as to how this works?  I am guessing here based on the user agreement of GSP. 

23 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I am honestly guessing that the CSR doesn't care.  She just wants to keep everyone happy especially since it was around 7:30 am in the Philippines when I called. However, if the item does not reach her or is held up in Kentucky, then eBay is on the hook to make it right to all parties. They refund the money to her and they also have to pay me for the piece as they are currently in possession of it.  Anyone care to chime in as to how this works?  I am guessing here based on the user agreement of GSP. 

as I understand it once they accept delivery the musical chairs stops with them.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

as I understand it once they accept delivery the musical chairs stops with them.

Then they are on the hook for $102.50 for the piece plus shipping. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Not sure I can make a long story short. Has anybody else had problems getting the sales tax refunded from ebay when items are returned to the seller? I bought 5 books from a seller and returned 4 of them. My Paypal account was refunded the sales price for each book. But there was no refund for the taxes paid on each book from ebay. Two other times this happened I was refunded by ebay the same day. (I'm sure you're wondering why I've been involved in refund situations with ebay. The first two were overlooked items not in the listing like coupons clipped out of pages etc. This last one was basically a matter of grading that I felt was unacceptable).

So I called last night and got a maroon who told me that I would have to contact the sales tax office in my state to get a return. I said no, I've been refunded twice before and gave him specific examples. He had no answer and said he would send me an email to clarify things. Well, that was the page from the Ebay User Agreement that states they are obligated to collect the sales tax. That hacked me off.

Called again and got a young lady who seemingly knew how to handle it and put in 4 manual refund requests. However, she told me it could take as long as 10 days to happen.

I'm not sure I want to sit around another ten days and come up with zero.I'm thinking that my options are:

1) Contact my credit card company and see about doing a charge back on the ebay sales portion of this transaction.

2) Contact the sales tax office of my state and either register a complaint or get the name and telephone number of the person in the US that they deal with at ebay and call them.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I'd first check the website for taxation and finance in your State and see what the rules are. I've found that eBay screwed up sales tax transactions for years. 

For example, I lived in a town with relatively low sales tax. It was 6.75% for a long time. NYC was 8%, I was constantly charged 8% because they couldn't figure out that it's where the BUYER lives, not the seller.

Once I sent them the rules (copied from the tax and finance website) they would fix it, but I'd have to repeat it with each new person.