• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,158 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:
10 hours ago, Senormac said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Police-Comics-1-1941-CGC-6-0-FN-1st-Appearance-Plastic-Man-Phantom-Lady/143185699645?hash=item215688633d:g:TioAAOSwzMlcl7U~

Q. What does it mean when a book is multiple times the guide listing ?  

A. It means the seller is willing to hold onto the book for possibly years until he gets a price he is happy with. 

He is a board member and says so in his listing and even lists his board name. 

I have done that before though and listed an item at a very strong choice waiting for the market to catch up or to buy it when none others were available. The art guys do that all the time so I try it every now and then with comics. 

Yea.  A guy I know is holding an Action #1.  He has had it for years and years.  His price …..  I million.  When someone steps up with that amount, he will sell, but not for less. 

On a lesser scale, Im just waiting for the market to reach $20,000 for my Hawk and Dove #1, then it's gone  lol

17 hours ago, Poka said:

Note that starting November 1st eBay sellers will pay PayPal fees for the sales tax.

112DEC20-9723-4AB2-B67F-F624000E7A27.png

It's almost as if eBay and/or PayPal are trying to drive people away. Having to pay processing fees on tax was not made clear in the e-mails eBay and PayPal sent about the November 1st change in how tax is collected.

I just paid for an item today that was $100+ to get PayPals credits 6 months no interest ....

So the $100+ went through no problem... I owe it by 6 months time. 

But eBay charged me the sales tax seperately.... of about $10 instead of it being added to the $100+ allowing 6 months...

So I probably owe the $10 next statement on PayPal.....

Not a big deal this time, but if sales tax was $50-60, it could really eat into a payment the next month, if it is charged seperately and not apart of the 6 months to pay...

6 hours ago, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

It's almost as if eBay and/or PayPal are trying to drive people away. Having to pay processing fees on tax was not made clear in the e-mails eBay and PayPal sent about the November 1st change in how tax is collected.

Wait...so we're paying a fee on the fee for paying for the item we want? w....t....f....

10 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Wait...so we're paying a fee on the fee for paying for the item we want? w....t....f....

If I'm reading it correctly, the change won't affect buyers, only sellers who will now see a slightly higher PayPal processing fee that includes tax. Although buyers may see prices increase as sellers pass on the cost of doing business with PayPal.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

If I'm reading it correctly, the change won't affect buyers, only sellers who will now see a slightly higher PayPal processing fee that includes tax. Although buyers may see prices increase as sellers pass on the cost of doing business with PayPal.

Doh, yea that makes sense...thanks. Either way, the bite outside entities are taking of each transaction is steadily growing...

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:
1 hour ago, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

Doh, yea that makes sense...thanks. Either way, the bite outside entities are taking of each transaction is steadily growing...

Depending on the cost of the item for sale and I realize we're talking about a small percentage, but when giving a best offer:

Is it better to disclose that the buyer is in a low tax state to inform the seller, who now has to pay a percentage of the sales tax in PayPal fees?

In a way, your now selling your item for an indeterminate amount or price?

I need to sell it for this, set a price and hope that it washes out in the end?

Because any states buyer can make the purchase, so you don't know what percentage of papal fees for the sales tax the seller will be accountable for.... ???

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

In a way, your now selling your item for an indeterminate amount or price?

I need to sell it for this, set a price and hope that it washes out in the end?

Because any states buyer can make the purchase, so you don't know what percentage of papal fees for the sales tax the seller will be accountable for.... ???

This is true hm seems problematic 

7 hours ago, ygogolak said:

PayPal will be off eBay next year. Can't wait to hear the comments on that.

eBay has gone to Managed payments, and it takes 3-4 days for payment to reach your checking account. You enter your checking account number and eBay will send you daily payments, After a week ebay now has $1100 of my money on hold because "they need to verfiy my bank, before making anymore deposits"  So I had to take a screenshot of my bank statement so they can see the bank logo and account number matches while I wait 48 hours for answer, cause I guess the first time wasn't good enough when I entered in my info.  Stay away from managed payments for as long as you can. However, it will be forced on everyone eventually. A big downside is that shipping labels are still done through paypal and when you print a shipping label, that money doesn't come from your sales, it comes directly from you before any money is deposited into your account. It can get costly if you suddenly have a lot of outgoing orders and don't have the funds to cover it upfront. So right now, I have $1100.00 on hold, out the cost of shipping labels, product has been shipped off all because of managed payments. Glad the CEO is gone.  He was a joke.  

Edited by Kevin76

9 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

eBay has gone to Managed payments, and it takes 3-4 days for payment to reach your checking account. You enter your checking account number and eBay will send you daily payments, After a week ebay now has $1100 of my money on hold because "they need to verfiy my bank, before making anymore deposits"  So I had to take a screenshot of my bank statement so they can see the bank logo and account number matches while I wait 48 hours for answer, cause I guess the first time wasn't good enough when I entered in my info.  Stay away from managed payments for as long as you can. However, it will be forced on everyone eventually. A big downside is that shipping labels are still done through paypal and when you print a shipping label, that money doesn't come from your sales, it comes directly from you before any money is deposited into your account. It can get costly if you suddenly have a lot of outgoing orders and don't have the funds to cover it upfront. So right now, I have $1100.00 on hold, out the cost of shipping labels, product has been shipped off all because of managed payments. Glad the CEO is gone.  He was a joke.  

If I'm reading correctly -

When someone buys a comic (or whatever), the money is put on hold, but you're still required to ship it out before the money is released?

6 hours ago, Gaard said:

If I'm reading correctly -

When someone buys a comic (or whatever), the money is put on hold, but you're still required to ship it out before the money is released?

When someone buys something, you're supposed to ship it out in a timely manner like normal, but the money is in ebay's hands until it's released, which from beginning to end can be a week. It's not like Paypal, where the money is in your account to do whatever you want with it right away.  If you've ever sold on Amazon, it's very similar to that, the money from eBay is released (your sales) after about 2 days, then takes another 3-4 days for it to appear in your bank account.  Amazon sends out payments every 2 weeks (minus fees and returns)    

Edited by Kevin76

If anyone has heard the news from this past eBay Open, some big changes are coming in the future

• Managed payments with have a feature that you'll be able to print off shipping labels from instead of paypal 
  • All items listed will require an all white background (think amazon listings)  
  • FVF will be deducted from your sales instead of being billed monthly 
  • eBay delivery will open (much like Amazon FBA, you send your items to an eBay fulfillment center and they will store, pack and ships out your items to your customers on your behalf) 
  • Multi user access to your ebay account if you have employees
  • New Seller protections   

2 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

If anyone has heard the news from this past eBay Open, some big changes are coming in the future

• Managed payments with have a feature that you'll be able to print off shipping labels from instead of paypal 
  • eBay delivery will open (much like Amazon FBA, you send your items to an eBay fulfillment center and they will store, pack and ships out your items to your customers on your behalf) 
  • New Seller protections   

:tonofbricks:

On 10/5/2019 at 3:08 PM, Kevin76 said:

• New Seller protections   

Okay, ebay wants to become a drop shipper then? They can't find their own arse with two hands and a guide dog, but they want sellers to send the items they are listing in ahead of time? Buyer pays for item, ebay can't find it or ships the wrong one and seller takes it in the cheeks. Sounds like a football bat to me.

Edited by evilskip

On 10/7/2019 at 9:55 PM, evilskip said:

Okay, ebay wants to become a drop shipper then? They can't find their own arse with two hands and a guide dog, but they want sellers to send the items they are listing in ahead of time? Buyer pays for item, ebay can't find it or ships the wrong one and seller takes it in the cheeks. Sounds like a football bat to me.

If this is true, I don't like it.