• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, evilskip said:

Wait a minute. You talked to somebody in the USA about this? How did that happen? I always get the outsourced divisions that are clueless.

I used the cs number on google. Could be a matter of the time of day but the us rep I spoke to was just as clueless until I had them forward the call to an adult

9 hours ago, B2D327 said:

I used the cs number on google. Could be a matter of the time of day but the us rep I spoke to was just as clueless until I had them forward the call to an adult

I used the Help Center and had them call me back.  They returned my call in about 30 seconds and it was definitely a native English speaker! (thumbsu

Woke up an hour ago to see that I got an order for a $30 GI Joe figure...

I was asking $30 or best offer.  Buyer decided to just outright buy it. 

It's an international sale going to a zero feedback buyer that just registered for an eBay account today.

Yeah, this is another reason I will stick with Global Shipping. 

However, this is what brings me to my question.  I noticed that eBay's managed payments system is not supporting the Global Shipping Program.  (at least the last I read about it.)  Does anyone know what the story is behind that or if managed payments will have some sort of comparable program moving forward?  As of now I plan on holding off for as long as possible. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 5.45.26 AM.png

On 2/6/2020 at 4:52 AM, B2D327 said:

It’s been awhile but there was a time this could be reported as “shill bidding”. After speaking with a clueless millenial in customer service a couple of days ago, I’m under the impression that fair and honest guidelines aren’t a priority at eBay anymore. Having been a sniper since eBay began, my Spidey sense usually tells me when to not even bother watching let alone bidding on certain auctions. I just tell myself there are plenty more of the same book. Just be patient

There is very, very little that doesn't come back again, and often.

On 3/23/2016 at 5:24 PM, IntoAnother said:

This thread has been created to house any eBay related questions, issues, or updates in Comics General. Yes, any eBay topics you wish to discuss are welcome!

I request, nay, demand you put the "eBay" tag on this thread!!!

:ohnoez:  :baiting:

-slym

I have been having trouble uploading pictures to ebay. I follow a pretty simple procedure for listing and now it says that my photos are too small, despite them being taken and uploaded in the exact same manner as I have always done. ugh. by the time I am listing the books have been put away and I don't want to go back and take them out again for new pictures. It isn't all pictures, but one or two in each lsiting come up as too small

My eBay issue is only yesterday, but not with ebay itself,  but a seller.  He had a ASM 122 6.0 w listed for $175 obo.  I throw out a $125 offer, and yes it is a bit low, but I wouldn't call it lowball.  10 hrs later, I get the declined offer notification. ?.  No counter?  The best offer feature is for negotiation.   :facepalm:.  He had a fish on the line, why not throw back a short counter offer, like $170 and let's see where it goes?

Edited by Spidey 62

1 hour ago, Spidey 62 said:

My eBay issue is only yesterday, but not with ebay itself,  but a seller.  He had a ASM 122 6.0 w listed for $175 obo.  I throw out a $125 offer, and yes it is a bit low, but I wouldn't call it lowball.  10 hrs later, I get the declined offer notification. ?.  No counter?  The best offer feature is for negotiation.   :facepalm:.  He had a fish on the line, why not throw back a short counter offer, like $170 and let's see where it goes?

Mention to him that an 8.5 sold for $200 within the last month.

7 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

Some people just dont care at that point. If they see a lowball offer (in comparison to what they asked for, not talking about the market here), they'd rather just reject it and not have to get their chains jerked. If you wanted the comic, you would then send them a more reasonable offer later when you could. If not, then they'll know they were right in not bothering with the low offer.

Edited by William-James88

12 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Some people just dont care at that point. If they see a lowball offer (in comparison to what they asked for, not talking about the market here), they'd rather just reject it and not have to get their chains jerked. If you wanted the comic, you would then send them a more reasonable offer later when you could. If not, then they'll know they were right in not bothering with the low offer.

Yup... I had a Transformer listed for $375... Going rate is $275-335 lately.  When the buyer offered me $225 I instantly declined.  He made a second offer of $275, that is when I countered at $315 and said... this is the price I am at on this piece.  Not going to go any lower.  He accepted, I mailed it out the same day... already got positive feedback. 

That is in contrast to someone who wanted to buy a GI Joe figure the other day that I had listed for $35 obo.  He made an offer and I countered saying $27 was the best I was going to do.  So... he countered with $26.  I countered at $27... He countered at $26... dumb move on his part.  I declined and someone bought it for the full $35 within an hour.   It is en route to Canada as we speak. 

10 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Yup... I had a Transformer listed for $375... Going rate is $275-335 lately.  When the buyer offered me $225 I instantly declined.  He made a second offer of $275, that is when I countered at $315 and said... this is the price I am at on this piece.  Not going to go any lower.  He accepted, I mailed it out the same day... already got positive feedback. 

Cool to see a fellow Transformers fan, that's my other main hobby.

9 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

There is a reason it is called best offer

1 minute ago, Spidey 62 said:

Then why do they have a counter offer feature? 

So eBay can get their commission. Originally I believe eBay offer allowed you to make 1 offer before they increased it to 5 to maximize their profit.

like with any other negotiations - if you start too low many sellers will consider you not to be a serious buyer.