• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Poka said:

So eBay can get their commission. Originally I believe eBay offer allowed you to make 1 offer before they increased it to 5 to maximize their profit.

like with any other negotiations - if you start too low many sellers will consider you not to be a serious buyer.

All he did was push me in another direction.  I came back here and bought an ASM 50 from the boards.

2 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

All he did was push me in another direction.  I came back here and bought an ASM 50 from the boards.

nice but remember buying directly on the board - seller does not have to pay the 9% ebay fee

On 3/15/2020 at 3:33 PM, Spidey 62 said:

My eBay issue is only yesterday, but not with ebay itself,  but a seller.  He had a ASM 122 6.0 w listed for $175 obo.  I throw out a $125 offer, and yes it is a bit low, but I wouldn't call it lowball.  10 hrs later, I get the declined offer notification. ?.  No counter?  The best offer feature is for negotiation.   :facepalm:.  He had a fish on the line, why not throw back a short counter offer, like $170 and let's see where it goes?

I understand your point but I've wasted too much time in my ebay life going back and forth with low ballers. Now I just decline. Usually when someone sends a lowball offer they are not likely to come up much no matter how much back and forth there is. And once they start telling me my ask price is too high I decline and block. 

17 minutes ago, cigars&comix said:

Has anyone seen a spike in ebay sales in the last few days? I sure did. I basically sold a weekends worth on a Thursday..

I had a surge in sales earlier this week but it dropped off. 

34 minutes ago, cigars&comix said:

Has anyone seen a spike in ebay sales in the last few days? I sure did. I basically sold a weekends worth on a Thursday..

Nope - still very slow with the occasional slab selling.  Raws seem to be a ghost town.

29 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I just got a 5% e-bucks offer.  Things may be a little shaky everywhere but you can count of E-bay to get the buyers out in droves.  Way to go E-Bay!

Of course! I just bought something lol 

Figures, but I can't complain lol long story....

I was in the middle of paying for something that was $249 and was going to use PaypPal Credit...

When I tried to apply PayPal Credit it said it wasn't applicable, because of 1) Seller doesn't accept it or 2) or other error...

So I had only added to cart instead of hitting BIN, so I went back and looked at the listing... so

It was obvious that the seller accepts the PayPal Credit....

but the Listing was now instead of $249 had been lowered to $224!!!

Added to cart and checked out with PayPal credit lol it wouldn't take the initial checkout because the price was being changed :shy: 

I guess that makes it ok that I didn't apply the 5% ebay bucks (: 

Usually lowball offers don't bother me at all. But come on, I just got a $50 offer on a $150 item. Seriously, sometimes I wish I could reach thru the computer and shake someone.

On 3/24/2020 at 12:24 AM, skypinkblu said:

Dylan is trying a little too hard with his advertisements.  The video of him reading AF15 on the bowl was bad enough.

So I buy a book off of ebay that was advertised as complete.  It isn't.  So, I'm trying to return it.  The seller uploads a shipping label which is just a photograph of an address, not an actual shipping label.  From ebay's point of view, the seller has fulfilled their obligation to upload a shipping label, because apparently all ebay requires is that the seller upload some sort of photograph.  It could be a photograph of a monkey washing a cat, ebay would still consider that a shipping label.  My instructions tell me to "Affix the label to the box and seal it securely. Make sure the barcode is visible...."  But there is no barcode.  I thought the seller had to upload a tracking number as part of uploading a label, but there is no tracking number information.

Seller accepts refund request, but then uploads a photo of something other than a shipping label to the shipping label system.  This fools ebay's idiotic system into thinking that a shipping label is now available.  The seller says he can't fix it and is telling me to return it outside of ebay.  Contacting ebay is useless, they just send back automated replies.  How do I fix this?