• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, cousin itt said:

Seller accepts refund request, but then uploads a photo of something other than a shipping label to the shipping label system.  This fools ebay's idiotic system into thinking that a shipping label is now available.  The seller says he can't fix it and is telling me to return it outside of ebay.  Contacting ebay is useless, they just send back automated replies.  How do I fix this?

Call them.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

I appreciate the huge number of free listings being offered, but is anyone really buying?

Not really. What’s weird is I hadn’t sold anything for severalmonths and then suddenly a couple of weeks ago I started selling something every couple of days (mostly trading card stuff).

But then the quarantine started and since then it’s died back. Granted, I haven’t added anything new to the items I have listed in probably over a year. 

I just pulled all my comic listings as I’m planning on having a sales thread here so I don’t anticipate my sales on eBay jumping anytime soon. 

Giving a heads up... 

$32 Package to a buyer in China has been held up and China has refused the parcel so it is sitting in Chicago.  I use the Global Shipping Program so normally this is taken care of with a phone call where buyer AND seller are made whole and eBay eats it.  Buuuuuuuuuuut...........

eBay customer service is down as the Philippines has shuttered their CSR center and are handling things through email only. 

At worst it is $32 but it should raise concerns for a few people around here. 

Edited by Buzzetta

26 minutes ago, Gaard said:

I seem to be getting overloaded with lowball offers.  See what I did there? Seriously, if I decline your offer, why send another exact same offer?

I got one of those 2 days ago, $50 on an item I had listed for $395, but much to my surprise I've sold a bunch of stuff, some at my asking price. Some for more than I was asking when I had listed them here.

I was just shocked now, my cell phone zinged and I got paid for a book..

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Giving a heads up... 

$32 Package to a buyer in China has been held up and China has refused the parcel so it is sitting in Chicago.  I use the Global Shipping Program so normally this is taken care of with a phone call where buyer AND seller are made whole and eBay eats it.  Buuuuuuuuuuut...........

eBay customer service is down as the Philippines has shuttered their CSR center and are handling things through email only. 

At worst it is $32 but it should raise concerns for a few people around here. 

I would never even consider shipping to China or the Philipines under normal circumstances. A black hole for your $ as far as I am concerned. Scammers likely outnumber legit buyers 2:1. Canadians I trust. Brits, sure.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

I would never even consider shipping to China or the Philipines under normal circumstances. A black hole for your $ as far as I am concerned. Scammers likely outnumber legit buyers 2:1. Canadians I trust. Brits, sure.

I use Global Shipping.  

Anytime something goes screwy eBay has had my back.   If they want to include China as a member of that program then that is on them.  Once it gets to Kentucky it's on them.  I've already been made whole a couple of times due to this. 

Edited by Buzzetta

23 hours ago, Gaard said:

I seem to be getting overloaded with lowball offers.  See what I did there? Seriously, if I decline your offer, why send another exact same offer?

I've gotten some really attractive offers from dealers on items I'm watching. If they timing were better, I'd act on them. Of course, if timing were better, I wouldn't be getting these offers.

Just a heads up, there are a lot of listings where the location is listed as California or NY where it's not. eBay seems to be taking down the items, but after you pay and then they tell you that there is a tracking number. The tracking number is fake and it's from China.

Masks, sewing supplies, lots of other stuff.  I've only bid on things that say they are covered by eBay protection but it's annoying.f

I've opened two claims and both times I got basically the same note. that the item is on the way, but if I'd please close the complaint I can have the item and then they will send a refund...

Ummmm...no;)

For some reason they never pick the inner States, from now on I'm only bidding on sewing things from the center of the U.S.;) 

42 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Just a heads up, there are a lot of listings where the location is listed as California or NY where it's not. eBay seems to be taking down the items, but after you pay and then they tell you that there is a tracking number. The tracking number is fake and it's from China.

Masks, sewing supplies, lots of other stuff.  I've only bid on things that say they are covered by eBay protection but it's annoying.f

I've opened two claims and both times I got basically the same note. that the item is on the way, but if I'd please close the complaint I can have the item and then they will send a refund...

Ummmm...no;)

For some reason they never pick the inner States, from now on I'm only bidding on sewing things from the center of the U.S.;) 

Yup... same thing... My parents ordered thermometers and thought they were coming from within the state.   They eventually arrived but took a bit longer as they were really shipped from China. 

My current story with China once again solidifies my stand on Global Shipping.  If I am reading this right either the buyer OR China itself has denied shipment to Beijing.   I wrote eBay and they say I am covered.   My buyer claims that he did not receive the item.  I wrote eBay and they said to give it time.  Now I notice a week later that the buyer OR China cancelled or denied shipment.  As soon as I saw that, I wrote eBay and this is the response I received.  If you are NOT using Global Shipping you open yourself up to situations like this.   Use Global Shipping.  

FullSizeRender.jpg

RE  Managing returns and refunds SR# 1-255316120856.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

9 hours ago, littledoom said:

Full runs are selling well. this is the time to be listing and selling them.. readers are locked out and want to read.. ebay is the source.. even libraries are closed

I’m trying to score me one right now 

12 hours ago, littledoom said:

Full runs are selling well. this is the time to be listing and selling them.. readers are locked out and want to read.. ebay is the source.. even libraries are closed

OK, do they realise good prices for the seller? Or are they bargains for the buyer?  I have some runs of X-titles that I am still in the process of trying to put up FS, was going to chunk it up into 4-5 book lots and list them that way. But, if big runs are selling and selling well, I might just go big.

-slym

37 minutes ago, slym2none said:

OK, do they realise good prices for the seller? Or are they bargains for the buyer?  I have some runs of X-titles that I am still in the process of trying to put up FS, was going to chunk it up into 4-5 book lots and list them that way. But, if big runs are selling and selling well, I might just go big.

-slym

Good prices for the seller if you take the time to list them right. classic sets like V for Vendetta 1-10 sold for $300.. and modern classic story lines are doing well.. primarily my comment was directed towards more recent runs from like within the past five years or so are selling well.. because readers want to catch up on those recent releases and they won't be in trade paperback form until the fall or so

On 4/12/2020 at 11:07 AM, Buzzetta said:

My current story with China once again solidifies my stand on Global Shipping.  If I am reading this right either the buyer OR China itself has denied shipment to Beijing.   I wrote eBay and they say I am covered.   My buyer claims that he did not receive the item.  I wrote eBay and they said to give it time.  Now I notice a week later that the buyer OR China cancelled or denied shipment.  As soon as I saw that, I wrote eBay and this is the response I received.  If you are NOT using Global Shipping you open yourself up to situations like this.   Use Global Shipping.  

100% agree on using Global Shipping and glad it worked out for you. International shipping is crazy as of late due to the pandemic. I had a customer win and item and then cancel due the shipping costs being a lot higher than usual overseas. So you might see customers cancel orders for international items, just be aware. Global shipping does help protect the seller with issues in international shipping and yes, once it's at Kentucky for shipping, it's out of your hands and eBay takes the hit. It's definitely helped with sometimes shady international customers. 

Question...

If I (the seller) am in negotiations with a buyer, and someone else buys the comic for full price, should I be concerned that the buyer I'm negotiating with will still have the option to buy it?

6 hours ago, Gaard said:

Question...

If I (the seller) am in negotiations with a buyer, and someone else buys the comic for full price, should I be concerned that the buyer I'm negotiating with will still have the option to buy it?

Nope... you snooze you lose rules are in effect.

I have had that happen as a buyer AND as a seller on eBay AND Comic Link. 

As a seller I have had someone make an offer to me.  While I COUNTERED the offer someone came in and bought it at full ask.  In another case someone else made a BETTER offer. 

As a buyer, I have made an offer only to be notified by eBay within an hour or two it sold to someone else who made a better offer.

EDIT: To make sure I am clear about this, I am not talking about a post-commitment deal.  If someone accepts the offer on eBay or CLink you are bound to honor the deal.  If someone submits and offer and you submit a counteroffer, that item is still up for grabs in the system.  So long as the item is still available, someone can swoop in and grab it by CLink's rules and by the manner to which the eBay system is set up. 

Edited by Buzzetta