• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

I just had a request for a cancellation on a graded book. In the description I wrote “the cgc case presents with newton rings so if that bothers you, then this may not be for you.”

the book sold, but I got a message a few hours later stating they looked up newton rings after buying (not before) and decided they didn’t like them. Fortunately no payment was made yet, or even worse, shipped out.

This isn’t really something new, it’s been happening for years and probably daily.

when an item is an auction you can have a buy it now attached to the item but the bid will make the BIN go away.

What sometimes happens is the bidding exceeds the BIN price. As an outsider, I always think people aren’t looking carefully enough.

As the seller, and in this example is seeing it happen, I wonder why entices the bidders more than a BIN price?

the thought an item will go under the radar and sell cheap. I had the book listed as a fixed price listing and kept lowering the price. Finally I decided to list it auction and in less than 24 hours was higher than the BIN price.

I mean I’ll take it but it could have been had for cheaper the day before (shrug)

1 minute ago, littledoom said:

5% ebucks promo ends 6/3... no minimum..

I wondered what led to some high ticket sales this morning... sucks cause last night I made a big purchase....

This one I got! :whee: 

I forgot to post it though lol still waking up!

I won an auction last night and this morning seller canceled the order

enrage_96

The seller canceled this order due to the following reason: I'm out of stock or the item is damaged.

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

enrage_96

The seller canceled this order due to the following reason: I'm out of stock or the item is damaged.

What auction?

22 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

enrage_96

I had a buyer of one of my auctions this week ask to cancel the purchase because he didn't have the cash (possibly found it cheaper).  Deadbeats buyers and sellers seem to flock to auctions on E-Bay (almost no issues with BIN buyers)

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I had a buyer of one of my auctions this week ask to cancel the purchase because he didn't have the cash (possibly found it cheaper).  Deadbeats buyers and sellers seem to flock to auctions on E-Bay (almost no issues with BIN buyers)

that's why I "require immediate payment" for BINs

I just bought some books earlier today from the same seller and did a request total to get a combined shipping cost. I then got an automated message from ebay that this seller doesn’t combine shipping and to pay now.

so luckily I only bought 2 books

I got an email from PayPal today saying that ebay ruled in my favor in a dispute (that I never knew about) and I just got a partial refund from ebay shipping for $1.24

Email from PayPal:

"eBay ruled in your favor in your dispute case, and a partial refund of $1.24 USD was sent to your PayPal account for your purchase from eBay Inc Shipping. It may take 3-5 business days to receive the refund in your account. eBay will then consider the dispute closed. If you have any questions, please go to the eBay Resolution Center."

I never heard of any dispute, but it seemed to be about shipping on a book I sold two weeks ago.

I don't see anything about any dispute in my eBay Resolution Center.

Anyone else ever get one of these? What happened??

On 6/20/2020 at 1:14 PM, Gaard said:

I don't remember why I was wondering this, but is there a way to know how long a BIN has been listed?

I am not aware of anything like that outside of something such as a 3rd party app maybe?

14 minutes ago, Gaard said:

That happened to me once. I either entered the wrong dimensions or the wrong weight (or both) when I printed out the label. They refunded me about a buck and a half and told me to watch it.

That's strange, though. I got no notice or warning or anything.

(shrug)

I wonder if paypal initiated the dispute, or ebay, or the buyer???

Nothing.