• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Carlucci54 said:

Strange thing happened with an auction I was watching on eBay.  Thoughts on what happened are welcome.

I was watching a CGC 9.8 white pages Wolverine Limited Series # 1, more out of curiosity than anything else.  At one point about an hour before it ended, I checked and the price was up to $ 535, wit 23 bids.  Which I thought was crazy, because you could get the same condition CGC for a lot less, both on eBay itself and ComicLink.  It wasn't a newsstand edition or anything else special that I could see.

When I checked back later in the evening to see where it ended up, the final price was $ 390, with 19 bids.  Last minute bid retractions? Is that easy to do without consequences?  That could really disappointing for the seller.  Any other ideas?

Thanks.

It’s possible the seller had to retract the bids with that amount of time left. It could be for lots of reasons I had to do that earlier this month 

On 6/28/2020 at 11:35 AM, ransom234 said:

Question on eBay selling...

I sell all of my older comics using ComicLink. But it doesn't seem the best place to sell more modern variants. I know some eBay sellers do consignment. Are there any companys or sellers that you would recommend? Thanks in advance. 

Lots of mega stores do consignment. Mycomicshop sounds good to me, never used them though. The big New York one. The one with the reese guy and his 2 sons took over. Getting old and can't think of the names. Pick one you like or has cheapest fees. 

40 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Lots of mega stores do consignment. Mycomicshop sounds good to me, never used them though.

I consign my copper and early modern slabs through MyComicShop. They list items on their site as well as ebay. Very happy with their service. I prefer not to list high priced items on ebay.

Edited by jokiing
fixed it.

2 hours ago, jokiing said:

I consign my copper and early modern slabs through MyComicShop. They list items on their site as well as ebay. Very happy with their service. I prefer not to list high priced items on ebay.

Do they send you a tax 1040? If buyer frauds you, do they handle it and eat the lost $ or you don't get paid? 

7 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Do they send you a tax 1040? If buyer frauds you, do they handle it and eat the lost $ or you don't get paid? 

I believe the form would be a 1099 and no they don't. Buyers would be scamming MCS, not me, but not sure how they handle that sort of situation. I know that they don't ship items until payment clears. I've never had an issue. Their commission ranges from 10 to 6%

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

For every comic I sell, I get 2 emails - 1 from Ebay & 1 from Paypal. I can print the shipping label from either. Is there an advantage to use one or the other?

Yes, the advantage is with ebay, they are the source of the sale and they protect you in an event in case something goes wayward with shipping.. like the tracking shows no delivery updates of such... they have more responsibility because they are the label creator.. a rep told me this when a package never delivered ... and they helped me out fully

3 hours ago, Gaard said:

For every comic I sell, I get 2 emails - 1 from Ebay & 1 from Paypal. I can print the shipping label from either. Is there an advantage to use one or the other?

You can print regional postage from eBay and not from Paypal. It's also cheaper if you are a top rated seller.

5 hours ago, jokiing said:

I believe the form would be a 1099 and no they don't. Buyers would be scamming MCS, not me, but not sure how they handle that sort of situation. I know that they don't ship items until payment clears. I've never had an issue. Their commission ranges from 10 to 6%

Yeah 1099. Dunno what I was thinking. I always used ebay. Moved on to facebook groups and such for good stuff. Been doing more buying then selling. But maybe one day will unload a lot if stuff and have them sell it.

14 hours ago, Carlucci54 said:

When I checked back later in the evening to see where it ended up, the final price was $ 390, with 19 bids.  Last minute bid retractions? Is that easy to do without consequences?  That could really disappointing for the seller.  Any other ideas?

I've retraced bids before for entering in a wrong amount, but eBay has never let me cancel a bid within 12 or 24 hrs (I can't remember which) of the auction ending. So I'm not quite sure what happened.

not ebay but some people have no morals 

Description

icn-angle-grey-down.svg

Older book than Amazing SpiderMan, I believe it's called Amazing Fantasy instead of Amazing SpiderMan. Number 15, great condition, taking into consideration the age of the book. grade is good (nrp) condition (fn+) but a must have to complete any SpiderMan collection.

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m82702989627/?ref=search_results

pretty good job of cropping the cover image 

yet the same seller pretending to not know what AF15 is supposedly is selling an original page alone for $180

Amazing Fantasy #15 (Single Page) * 1 page from the middle of Amazing Fantasy #15 *Great Tyoe & ink *Hurry it will sell fast

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m31095777227/

45 minutes ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

not ebay but some people have no morals 

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m82702989627/?ref=search_results

pretty good job of cropping the cover image 

yet the same seller pretending to not know what AF15 is supposedly is selling an original page alone for $180

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m31095777227/

Does that app have buyer protection?

20 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Does that app have buyer protection?

As a seller you get paid after the item is delivered and the buyer has no problems with it. Within 3 days the buyer can leave a review and if it’s favorable the funds are sent to the app. If the buyer doesn’t leave any update within 3 days of delivery the funds are released to the sellers credits 

So looking through the sellers items and their feedback I believe something will be shipped out, though what exactly was  sold is the question. It’s too cheap to be an original but too expensive for a reprint. With the buyer having a protected sale, it will be okay in the end though 

13 minutes ago, oldbsturgeon said:

So looking through the sellers items and their feedback I believe something will be shipped out, though what exactly was  sold is the question. It’s too cheap to be an original but too expensive for a reprint. With the buyer having a protected sale, it will be okay in the end though 

Somebody just got a once in a lifetime deal on amazing fantasy 15. 

Just had a long online conversation with an ebay rep concerning an email I got this morning. They took $4.55 from me because they said I used the wrong USPS service. They said I used "USPS Priority service", and I should've used "USPS Priority service".  (shrug)

The rep said insisted that the email was wrong, and that I entered the wrong weight and/or dimensions on the shipping label. OK, I can live with that. Seems a little "We'll think of something to get your money"-ish, but whatever.

Question for those in the know: if the measurement on one side is 12.7 inches, do I round up?

pic is a screenshot of the email

sa.jpg