• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

This past year there must have been a change but when I sell an item, the item still remains up and I have to go into my account and actively click end and "item is not available anymore".  People can't purchase it, but the item still shows up. 

Is there a way to automate this process like before, so once the item sales, it just disappears from my selling page?

That's is an odd occurrence, I just sold something and it worked fine for me, so not sure what it is homie :foryou: :tonofbricks: 

3 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Ebay auction says "book is from my personal collection". Do some people pull books from other people's collection and put them up for sale? Is the book worth more if you buy it from the actual owner? Is this statement as useless as "estate sale find"?

Yes.

3 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Ebay auction says "book is from my personal collection". Do some people pull books from other people's collection and put them up for sale? Is the book worth more if you buy it from the actual owner? Is this statement as useless as "estate sale find"?

The seller probably wants to you imagine they've had 50 copies of these books through the years, and they always put the best copies back for their "personal collection" selling off the lesser copies.  So, you should really bid up the prices on the books from their "personal collection" because they're the best copies.

In reality, the books are average.

A couple "Ebay versus" questions:

1) Ebay returns vs. Paypal returns with regard to chargebacks. I've had some experience with Paypal (unfortunately) in this regard, but not yet (luckily) with Ebay and someone attempting to do this. Anyone have any buyer claim unauthorized use of their account/cc in the new ebay managed payments system? How did it go?

2) Ebay selling vs. Instagram vs. Facebook. I know the last 2 don't charge fees, so I assume Paypal is the common intermediary. It just seems like a pain to re-do a listing that you've already created in ebay for IG / FB. Any hints/trips/tricks?

5 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

With very low expectations.

Yeah. I have it on my watchlist but I wasn’t going any higher than a couple hundred bucks based on the description. I was looking at it from an art reference perspective but once it got to a certain price point, google images isn’t such a bad alternative

I would have been completely turned off by the phrase "some might be missing a page or two" coupled with the fact that most eBay buyers don't read and would bid megabucks regardless. For all we know the original owner used to remove pages, cut out characters and tape them to his wall. 

28 minutes ago, speedcake said:

ended over 3k. That's almost $23 a book after shipping. Seems like not so great a deal at all considering the description and the pic of those absolutely trashed spines.

Crazy 😜 

E4DBE78A-833B-499E-996E-B3D9380C927B.jpeg

On 10/15/2020 at 1:17 AM, godzilla43 said:

ASM 300

Overgraded and I don't think it is a accident that those pictures don't show some areas of that comic. Still 375$ :/

Just looked at this book. VF? LOL sure it is. What's sad is it had 45 bidders on it.