• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

With very low expectations.

I would have to view something like that in person. Spines are trashed on quite a few of those books too. Something like that would have to be parted out at very low grade prices. I would have been out at about $250.00 myself.

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i don't even see any decent keys except DD#7 and a few other minor ones

makes me want to spread out a bunch of my SA marvels like this picture and sell them on eBay with a minimum bid of 2k

ton o comics.jpg

there is the DD you mention plus the DD with 1st matador guy

there is also ASM #29, and that JIM #102 that is next to the Daredevil ( #7?1st red costume) you mention that is the 1st Hela goes for some coin too

There Is JIM #125 that a LCS tried to sell to me for some coin in high grade lol

There is also 1st paste pot pete in Strange Tales #104

I'd pay the most for those I guess, and average about $5 for the rest? Maybe lol $5 Silver age sounds nice I guess hahah :tink: 

I would have guessed the auction would have ended at about $10 a piece since there is some ok books in the picture but that much is pretty crazy. 

4 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i don't even see any decent keys except DD#7 and a few other minor ones

makes me want to spread out a bunch of my SA marvels like this picture and sell them on eBay with a minimum bid of 2k

ton o comics.jpg

There’s several keys 1st Wonder Man, Giant Man, New Team Avengers, Red Iron Man Armor, Swordsman, Living Tribunal, last Journey Into Mystery,  etc 

6 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

some buyer is going to be seriously disappointed spending $3051.00 on that pile of comics

Once they go through this stuff, see how many books are mutilated, missing pages and panels, detached covers and centerfolds, reality will set in. But the listing does say " rare ", and you are getting the Daredevil 7 with the peek a boo window.

daredevil 7 cut.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 12:15 PM, speedcake said:

It would be pretty easy and cheap to put together a similar lot...  hrm...hmmm...  :roflmao:

I think you're on to something. Bunch of low graders stacked upon each other with key words like "Rare" "Key" and you could have some retirement money.

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

On a comic I listed this morning for $145 I received an offer of $12.

Before you jump on the "then set your offer reject threshold" bandwagon, this comic is a BIN only; the person went out of his/her way to send me a message with that offer.

Needless to say, someone just made the blocked list.

on a different app for a newly listed $100 item, I received an offer of $30 through messages..... Perhaps $12 was a typo for $120?

1 hour ago, littledoom said:
2 hours ago, manetteska said:

On a comic I listed this morning for $145 I received an offer of $12.

Before you jump on the "then set your offer reject threshold" bandwagon, this comic is a BIN only; the person went out of his/her way to send me a message with that offer.

Needless to say, someone just made the blocked list.

on a different app for a newly listed $100 item, I received an offer of $30 through messages..... Perhaps $12 was a typo for $120?

In a crazy turnabout that is exactly what happened: a typo. I am glad instead of ignoring the offer completely I sent back some message; just sold it for $130.

Does anyone know if you can set an eBay listing up to sell a run of books of the same title with a drop-down menu to select issue numbers? I have 120 Epic Groo and a stack of Thor issues to sell and I don't want to do 150+ listings if I can avoid it. I bought some hobby magazines from this listing recently and wanted to do something similar for the bulk of the runs I have, but I can't see any way to do it in the selling window. (BTW - I would only do this for lower cost items.)  TIA

19 minutes ago, AJD said:

Does anyone know if you can set an eBay listing up to sell a run of books of the same title with a drop-down menu to select issue numbers? I have 120 Epic Groo and a stack of Thor issues to sell and I don't want to do 150+ listings if I can avoid it. I bought some hobby magazines from this listing recently and wanted to do something similar for the bulk of the runs I have, but I can't see any way to do it in the selling window. (BTW - I would only do this for lower cost items.)  TIA

Yes, this is common for listings selling a shoe for example and you want to select the specific color or size. Not sure if free accounts have this capability. I would google it or call ebay for assistance

Edited by littledoom

26 minutes ago, AJD said:

https://www.ebay.ie/pages/help/sell/listing-variations.html

I don't know if you can list 150  Andrew, I've only seen maybe 20? If you look in art supplies, or sewing supplies, you'll see drop downs with colors, shapes, etc.

I am so tired of careless packing. Last week I got a SA book in a Gemini mailer, but rather than being inside a cardboard sandwich inside, like Gemini suggests, the guy taped the comic (at least it was bagged and boarded) to the inside of the mailer. Undoubtedly this added a few spine ticks, but as the book was described as mid grade, I didn't make a fuss, but did email the seller to tell him the problem with shipping like this and it would be really bad to send a high grade book like this ($8 shipping I expect more). No response. And no feedback from him despite me leaving a positive. And today I get this... The comic shipped with no extra backing other than the acid free board inside an inside out priority mail envelope.. 69 year old comic deserved more love. The book was sold as a vg/fine and it still looks to be that, so I won't cry, and I got a deal, but I think this was a 6.0-6.5 before this crappy packing job.

20201128_131037.jpg

20201128_131044.jpg

20201128_131200.jpg

20201128_131455.jpg