• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, the blob said:

I have a situation where a buyer is very mad that I got a little delayed in shipping the items (2 days past my built in handling time in my description, which is 5 days (because i ship once a week). I shipped on Friday, 1st class, and it looks like it is getting delivered today. Ebay's estimated delivery was April 10 (because it thinks I ship media mail). So, if i had shipped on time it would have been sent out Wed. The guy is hysterical over $20 in comics and not "hot" ones that need to be flipped quickly. Reading his message it sounds like a borderline mental health issue ("no way is this acceptable and nothing you say can change that"), but he does buy a lot of comics. As I am not interested in poking the mental illness bear, I tried to explain politely that while yes, I was a little slow in shipping, because I sent 1st class and was not pocketing a few extra bucks (and, in fact, lose money on shipping) he would, in fact, be getting the package 7+ days faster than if I had shipped on time, but via media mail. I am tempted just refund the shipping, hoping that it helps prevent his psychotic break, but for some people that just gets them more excited. Next, he will want it all free. I figure he is going to pound me on the stars anyway,

I have been fortunate thus far not to have mental patients buy from me buts its only a matter of time. When it does happen i'll apologize and explain everything that happened that may have made them angry. But in the end i'm not getting bullied into any refunds because i'm afraid of a negative mark with their BS feedback. My feedback is great right now and it took a lot of work to get it that way. Some bonehead ruins that I list their name here and get them blocked.

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Anyone find a cheap outlet for bubble wrap?  I typically buy 700 feet for $39.99 shipped via Amazon but I'm always up for saving some cash if you can beat that price.  It has to be 12" wide with perforations every foot and I'm not interested in second hand bubble wrap.  

that actually sounds pretty cheap. I myself like to dumpster dive at all hours of the night.

59 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Or you signed up last year when they offered you $20 and you forgot?

nope, my money goes to paypal. ebay doesn't have my bank account info. i looked at all my messages way back and nothing.

42 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I have been fortunate thus far not to have mental patients buy from me buts its only a matter of time. When it does happen i'll apologize and explain everything that happened that may have made them angry. But in the end i'm not getting bullied into any refunds because i'm afraid of a negative mark with their BS feedback. My feedback is great right now and it took a lot of work to get it that way. Some bonehead ruins that I list their name here and get them blocked.

I did use the word "apologize" about 7 times in the messages, maybe that helps.

It didn't. The fact that it got there 12 days from purchase and "economy shipping" with a 5 business day handling time was in the description, and it got there a week before ebay's estimate, is irrelevant to this person. That's not great, but it isn't terrible either. They used "UNACCEPTABLE" again. 

1 hour ago, atrocitus said:

I have never bought from this person but I will going fwrd. I have never had someone cancel a order and refund my money and still send me the book on his dime 343C461E-A33D-437F-AF28-CCF5AC5F14E1.thumb.png.db36b67bf5f2ccbcbb0a7ab954fc3966.png

I had an ebay seller do that. But it was one of 10 books. And it was $8. He grades it a 5.0 and decided it was a 4.0

Is this too much in my draft next response to the person complaining because a package got there a week early?:

"Your outrage is perplexing. Are you looking for some sort of partial refund? I get it, my wife is an expert at manufacturing outrage over little stuff and getting refunds. The kids nowadays call it being a "Karen." Are you a Karen? It is absolutely disgusting, but effective." 

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Is this too much in my draft next response to the person complaining because a package got there a week early?:

"Your outrage is perplexing. Are you looking for some sort of partial refund? I get it, my wife is an expert at manufacturing outrage over little stuff and getting refunds. The kids nowadays call it being a "Karen." Are you a Karen? It is absolutely disgusting, but effective." 

This is perfect if you’re looking for a negative....

50 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

This is perfect if you’re looking for a negative....

This person is nuts, I think it is coming regardless, even if I offer a full refund and tell them to keep the comics.

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

This person is nuts, I think it is coming regardless, even if I offer a full refund and tell them to keep the comics.

Tell him to go fist himself , and share his response :popcorn:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

Tell him to go himself , and share his response :popcorn:

I told them that in 22 years with 3,000+ shipments I never had someone complain about a package that arrived a week before ebay's estimated delivery date. The psycho went through all of my feedbacks and counted 7 that indicated the package was slow (I have a 4.8 out of 5.0 on shipping speed) and then bragged about how they ship everything within 24 hours ... But my shipping terms make it clear that I do not do that, so this isn't a comparison as to who ships faster. If you need something shipped in 24 hours, do not buy from me.  They also charge $8 for the same shipping I charge $5 for, so there is that. They ended with "Don't message me again." ... they are the one who was harassing me with messages complaining that the item was too slow in shipping even though it was arriving 7 days early. I guess I need to make it clearer in my listings that I ship once a week, usually on Thursday or Friday. So, if you pay on Tuesday or Wed, it gets out fast, if you pay on Friday or Thursday and i had already shipped, not so fast. 

On 3/30/2021 at 5:44 AM, 1Cool said:

Anyone find a cheap outlet for bubble wrap?  I typically buy 700 feet for $39.99 shipped via Amazon but I'm always up for saving some cash if you can beat that price.  It has to be 12" wide with perforations every foot and I'm not interested in second hand bubble wrap.  

No. But I buy 175 ft for $20.00 on Amazon so thank you - I'll go looking for the one you get right now (worship)(thumbsu

23 hours ago, the blob said:

Oooh, that's good. So tempted to use it.......no. Must resist.

On 3/30/2021 at 2:02 PM, the blob said:

Oh well, my back and forth with this person feels like political disputes of the last 12 months. There is no rationality.

I"ve had one of those before.  GIve them whatever they want and stop talking to them.  They are emotional time sinks