• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

So basic stores in exchange for doing managed payments now get 1000 fixed listings? (It looks like in addition to the 350?)... But the way it appears on the dashboard this doesn't seem like a long term thing. The last thing I want to do is put the hours into a 1000+ listing store and then have them go back to 350 and I pay extra.

1 minute ago, littledoom said:

What's with the new "Comic Books & Memorabilia" category under "Collectibles"? It's really messing up the visibility of comic listings by age

On 4/20/2021 at 9:35 PM, the blob said:

So basic stores in exchange for doing managed payments now get 1000 fixed listings? (It looks like in addition to the 350?)... But the way it appears on the dashboard this doesn't seem like a long term thing. The last thing I want to do is put the hours into a 1000+ listing store and then have them go back to 350 and I pay extra.

I noticed that and has me considering downgrading to a basic store.  I generally have a tough time finding the time to list the 1,000 items then use to give me for a premium store and now they give me 10,000 listings which I really can't use.  But like you I'm worried this is a short term expansion but I guess it doesn't matter if I've got my store locked in for a year.

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

I noticed that and has me considering downgrading to a basic store.  I generally have a tough time finding the time to list the 1,000 items then use to give me for a premium store and now they give me 10,000 listings which I really can't use.  But like you I'm worried this is a short term expansion but I guess it doesn't matter if I've got my store locked in for a year.

I have the books to list. Just takes time as I am doing the listings on my phone because that's where my pics are.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

I have the books to list. Just takes time as I am doing the listings on my phone because that's where my pics are.

Oh - I hear you.  I've got the books to list but it just comes down to time.  I ended up downgrading my store from premium to basic which is a $38 a month savings but they charged me $199 for changing.  I'll still be ahead after 6 months of so - kind of a no brainer.

13 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Oh - I hear you.  I've got the books to list but it just comes down to time.  I ended up downgrading my store from premium to basic which is a $38 a month savings but they charged me $199 for changing.  I'll still be ahead after 6 months of so - kind of a no brainer.

enough people do that and they take away the extra 1000

15 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Are you still able to list from your phone? 

did they take that away? I was having problems yesterday, but i just thought it was a temporary glitch, and I was actually revising some old "place filler" listings I had put in previously. it is a pain to get my pics off my phone into my laptop.

Just now, the blob said:

enough people do that and they take away the extra 1000

Could be but I've got a year locked in which is a $200 savings compared to my old store cost (after factoring in the $199 fee).  Dropping down to a basic store did eliminate the Selling Manager Pro but I really don't use that much so it's no big loss.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

did they take that away? I was having problems yesterday, but i just thought it was a temporary glitch, and I was actually revising some old "place filler" listings I had put in previously. it is a pain to get my pics off my phone into my laptop.

I think they did, although not sure if it's permanent yet; I have a ticket in for it. If that's the case then I am officially done.

Just now, 1Cool said:

Could be but I've got a year locked in which is a $200 savings compared to my old store cost (after factoring in the $199 fee).  Dropping down to a basic store did eliminate the Selling Manager Pro but I really don't use that much so it's no big loss.

It doesn't help that this crazy uptick in sales coincides with my real job being crazy busy and I am trying to get my mom's home ready to sell as she passed and I have 2 kids still doing remote learning who need to get screamed at constantly because neither thinks education is worthwhile (despite both their parents having graduate degrees, a JD and a PhD). Video games, youtube, tick tock, etc. have destroyed this generation.

9 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I think they did, although not sure if it's permanent yet; I have a ticket in for it. If that's the case then I am officially done.

why would they do that? some folks don't even have a computer. i print my shipping lables right from my phone. it is great.

Auto rejects not working? I usually accept any offer that gets through because I've already set my autoreject to a fair amount, but had two offers get through today. And it wouldn't let me counter-offer, which I assume is a glitch.

All these changes seem terrible.

11 minutes ago, the blob said:

why would they do that? some folks don't even have a computer. i print my shipping lables right from my phone. it is great.

100% agree. Have used my phone for a long time now, so easy. Haven't been able to list since yesterday.