• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

I give someone a week to ship my stuff before messaging. I have 3-day handling on my listings.

I have no issue with "when will you ship", but the implication that i am a bad guy because I did not get it out in 12-36 hours is irritating when my listing says 5 days

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

Poor Ani will never be an eBay Master...

It's an insult. Did you see how well he bubble-wrapped that lightsabre?

Just now, Angel of Death said:

He delivered it to the younglings very quickly, too.

Yes, he did. It was the wrong colour though, apparently, and I heard the Younglings were pretty cut up by it. 

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:
2 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

He delivered it to the younglings very quickly, too.

Yes, he did. It was the wrong colour though, apparently, and I heard the Younglings were pretty cut up by it.

FB_IMG_1513648354563.jpg.1aef9ef4958e98cebea36641451c3545.jpg

I recently won an auction for an Incredible Hulk 161 CGC 9.2 for $58.  I was surprised that I won and thought the $58 was a great deal.  The seller created a shipping label and uploaded it to Ebay.  3 days later, they sent me a message saying they screwed up and sold the book 2 months ago so they were going to cancel the transaction and refund me.

It smells fishy to me, like they have sellers remorse and didn't get the price they wanted in the auction so they are just cancelling the order.

Is there anything that can be done? Report them? The record says that the transaction was cancelled at my request (which it was not).  I have only made 35 or so purchases on eBay and this is the first time I have encountered anything like this.  I would appreciate any input.

12 minutes ago, Bludriver said:

Check their past sales in ebay...it should show their last 3 months. If it is there then they are telling the truth. If it is not there, then they may or may not be lying (unless you can get them to say they sold it on ebay 2 months ago).

I had a look at their sales on ebay and it wasn't listed there.  They said in their message to me that the sale was on GPA, and Google from various comic sites but I'm not sure how or even if its possible to check that out.

Just now, LudaToke said:

I had a look at their sales on ebay and it wasn't listed there.  They said in their message to me that the sale was on GPA, and Google from various comic sites but I'm not sure how or even if its possible to check that out.

gpa shows the cert # on each sale if you click through deep enough

5 minutes ago, LudaToke said:

looks like last sold (on gpa at least) for $61 sept 20, 2020...same book sold for $84 on 7/26/20

wait 6 months and get it for $49 or so!

Edited by Bird

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

gpa shows the cert # on each sale if you click through deep enough

I haven't ever used GPA.  My understanding is that a subscription is required in order to use their site?

2 minutes ago, LudaToke said:

The last sale of a 9.2 before your book was back in September for $61. It is the same slab as yours as the #'s match.

On 5/13/2021 at 7:07 AM, Angel of Death said:

Anyone else invited to be on the "eBay Council"? lol

I got an invite also last week. Didn't pursue it but even though I am a "Power Seller" or whatever they are changing it too now, I don't have a store and only sell a few things a month. 

Hoping this is the right place for this...

I've got a bunch of books I'm planning to list and I'm wondering what the general consensus (if there is one) about whether Buy It Now or auction listings are the better bet these days.

Part of my listing will be some slabs I should be getting back this week.  A few 9.8s (Saga 1, Daredevil 25 (2021), Captain America 1 (2005)), some 9.6s (Invincible 44, Captain America 6 (2005), Fear Agent 1 (might just hold that one, actually), Afterlife With Archie 666, Alias 1, Marvel Team-Up 14) and, unfortunately, a 9.2 (Captain America 25 (2014)) and a 9.0 (All-New Captain America 1).  I'm going to look at those last two to see whether it seems worth pressing either of them to see if I can get a decent grade bump, especially the Cap 25.  (Also, there were no Grader's Notes.  Does that only happen sometimes?)

The rest of my planned listings will be runs of a variety of books.  An almost complete Fables collection.  The last 60 or so issues of TWD.  Invincible from 31 to the end. And a handful of other things that aren't especially exciting, but that I'm hoping will sell because my other auctions might get people to look at my other items and grab them.

My thinking for the lots is to list them as Buy It Nows with best offer and just hope for the best.  The question there is whether it's better to break them up into smaller chunks (runs of 10-20?) or to sell them as complete runs (and if I do that, how do I deal with shipping?).

For the slabs, I'm more undecided.  Does the return tend to be better on auctions or buy it nows?  I was also thinking about posting them here, but as a fairly new poster to the forums, I wasn't sure what the rules were about who can post sales.

Anyway, I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts about all of this.  Thanks!

36 minutes ago, oxholm said:

Hoping this is the right place for this...

I've got a bunch of books I'm planning to list and I'm wondering what the general consensus (if there is one) about whether Buy It Now or auction listings are the better bet these days.

Part of my listing will be some slabs I should be getting back this week.  A few 9.8s (Saga 1, Daredevil 25 (2021), Captain America 1 (2005)), some 9.6s (Invincible 44, Captain America 6 (2005), Fear Agent 1 (might just hold that one, actually), Afterlife With Archie 666, Alias 1, Marvel Team-Up 14) and, unfortunately, a 9.2 (Captain America 25 (2014)) and a 9.0 (All-New Captain America 1).  I'm going to look at those last two to see whether it seems worth pressing either of them to see if I can get a decent grade bump, especially the Cap 25.  (Also, there were no Grader's Notes.  Does that only happen sometimes?)

The rest of my planned listings will be runs of a variety of books.  An almost complete Fables collection.  The last 60 or so issues of TWD.  Invincible from 31 to the end. And a handful of other things that aren't especially exciting, but that I'm hoping will sell because my other auctions might get people to look at my other items and grab them.

My thinking for the lots is to list them as Buy It Nows with best offer and just hope for the best.  The question there is whether it's better to break them up into smaller chunks (runs of 10-20?) or to sell them as complete runs (and if I do that, how do I deal with shipping?).

For the slabs, I'm more undecided.  Does the return tend to be better on auctions or buy it nows?  I was also thinking about posting them here, but as a fairly new poster to the forums, I wasn't sure what the rules were about who can post sales.

Anyway, I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts about all of this.  Thanks!

For runs: Personally, I prefer them to be kept together rather than broken up. Ask yourself: Is it more likely that someone is looking for 20-30, or 1-60?

As for slabs, I would only run auctions if you're unsure of how high they can go. It looks like all of your stuff is 21st century, and IMO those are better off Buy It Now with Best Offer available.