• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

Made my first eBay sale yesterday. I shipped today and listed the tracking. I'm told the payment won't be made til the 17th. (From PayPal, not the buyer.) does it really take this long? I sold this for emergency $ and didn't realize it took so long. Wtf...

Yeah. If you don't sell often, they basically hold your money to make sure you're not a scammer or whatever in case there's a problem with the sale. I had the same thing happen to me on my first half-dozen or so sales.

Made my first eBay sale yesterday. I shipped today and listed the tracking. I'm told the payment won't be made til the 17th. (From PayPal, not the buyer.) does it really take this long? I sold this for emergency $ and didn't realize it took so long. Wtf...

Yeah. If you don't sell often, they basically hold your money to make sure you're not a scammer or whatever in case there's a problem with the sale. I had the same thing happen to me on my first half-dozen or so sales.

I guess I understand that but...

a8c96bece6ce53660c8035ff3f128347.jpg

lol bro how do post you tubes directly on here? I was trying to figure it out earlier and gave up.

lol bro how do post you tubes directly on here? I was trying to figure it out earlier and gave up.

You have to have 10,000 posts or more to post YouTube videos here.

Just kidding. You have to go to the "Share" link on YouTube, then click, then click "embed", then copy and paste that into a post here.

So I guess the goal for friday - is to have every thread on the 1st page be about ebay somehow?

won't be too hard -

25 threads now ( not including stickies) - 10 (ish) are ebay related........

:banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:banana:

Just kidding. You have to go to the "Share" link on YouTube, then click, then click "embed", then copy and paste that into a post here.

you also have to change the drop down at bottom to 'using HTML and UBB Code'

you also have to change the drop down at bottom to 'using HTML and UBB Code'

Only if you're posting the first post in the thread. Otherwise, it's automatic for all subsequent posts.

Let's play 'PREDICT THE OUTCOME':

Sold a Marvel Premiere 15 at auction on April 24th

Sent an invoice the next day with the total

Yesterday, I get a message from the buyer asking if the book has the value stamp.

I respond that it does, and send a payment reminder.

No response

Of anything I read on these boards, this is the sign of the impending doom.

Item as listed: Ghost in the Shell #1 ashcan

Me:

You left a comment that you will never purchase from me again. Why is that?

Buyer:

I thought I bought 2 comics not one being a flyer

Me:

I'm sorry you thought you were getting something different. However, you received what was advertised.

Buyer:

that's why I gave you positive feedback. but you didn't go out of your way to let people who aren't experts on comic s know that it wasn't a comic so I feel deceived because had I known it wasn't,i wouldn't have bought it,and I don't want to deal with people I have to worry about tricking me. I buy between 300 and 400 comics a month,i deal in trenders only, and wopuld be hard pressed to sell it to one of my investors ,unless your telling me theres no full size comic? I gave you good feedback so how I feel is not important anyway

Me:

If you're buying that many comics you should be familiar with the term ashcan in regards to a comic.

Buyer:

well I do buy that many comics and I still don't know what ashcan means and I now have 11 of those itsy bitsy cflyers withj no idea what i'm going to do with them but there are 10 others out there like you who don't warn anybody,and i'm not dealing with them again eather. and no I cant put them back on line because I would have to warn people how small they are and then nobody would buy them,but you already know that

Edited by ygogolak

Buyer:

well I do buy that many comics and I still don't know what ashcan means and I now have 11 of those itsy bitsy flyers

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

He now has 11 (his collection goes to 11) of them, you just got done telling him what it is, and he says he STILL doesn't know what they are.

I wonder how many more he'll buy.

Edited by MR SigS☺

I thought this was the best part:

I buy between 300 and 400 comics a month,i deal in trenders only, and wopuld be hard pressed to sell it to one of my investors

So this guy has "investors" but he doesn't know what an ashcan is? Is he like the Bernie Madoff of comics?

I thought this was the best part:

I buy between 300 and 400 comics a month,i deal in trenders only, and wopuld be hard pressed to sell it to one of my investors

So this guy has "investors" but he doesn't know what an ashcan is? Is he like the Bernie Madoff of comics?

I would assume most of the investors are just voices in his head. And his mom.

Buyer:

well I do buy that many comics and I still don't know what ashcan means and I now have 11 of those itsy bitsy flyers

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

He now has 11 (his collection goes to 11) of them, you just got done telling him what it is, and he says he STILL doesn't know what they are.

I wonder how many more he'll buy.

who is the buyer - maybe it is time to get that action 1 "treasury" listed.........

:ohnoez:

I would assume most of the investors are just voices in his head. And his mom.

:signfunny:

Sounds like the buyer never takes the blame for his own mistakes.