• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

That's not correct, it does have to be scanned by then to qualify for Top Rated status. It must be scanned within your stated handling time and to be Top Rated your stated handling time must be 1 day. As stated in ebay's guidelines to qualify:

Late shipment rate
In order to be a Top Rated Seller you must have less than 3% of transactions with late shipping.
The late shipment rate is the percentage of your transactions that weren’t shipped on time. We’ll track how often your items were either shipped within the stated handling time or delivered after the estimated delivery date.
If the shipment receives a carrier scan within your handling time, it will count as being shipped on time.

The label must be printed within 1 business day to meet the tracking requirements of TRS, if you don't ship within the handling time and it arrives within the tracking time you are ok.  You didn't copy and paste the rest of the requirements. Have been operating this way for years now without losing TRS status, guess I'm just lucky. But I think we can agree, with the discount going from 20% to 10% its hardly worth the bother anymore.

Tracking requirements:

img_checkmark_23X17.gif
You've uploaded valid shipment tracking to My eBay within your promised handling time for at least 90% of transactions with US buyers in the last 3 months.

Late shipment rate
In order to be a Top Rated Seller you must have less than 3% of transactions with late shipping.
The late shipment rate is the percentage of your transactions that weren’t shipped on time. We’ll track how often your items were either shipped within the stated handling time or delivered after the estimated delivery date.
If the shipment receives a carrier scan within your handling time, it will count as being shipped on time. We won’t check whether the carrier delivered the shipment after the estimated delivery date.
If the shipment doesn’t receive a carrier scan within your handling time and the shipment was late according to the tracking details, it will count as a late shipment.
If the shipment doesn’t receive a carrier scan within your handling time and there's no tracking info available, we'll check with the buyer. If the buyer says the carrier delivered the shipment late, it will count as a late shipment.

6 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

Every time eBay makes changes to their discount people and businesses adapt to the new rules.  What they lose in business or people selling on other platforms is more than made up by cutting the discounts to the new levels.

Ideally and reality are often two different things. 

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone is having problems using the gavelsnipe sniper program on ebay?  The whole site seems to have been down for me for the last two days.  Just wondering if its a problem on my end or if it's gavelsnipe's issue.  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, wombat said:

Yea but awful feedback made me unlook.

Hello boardies,

First time posting with the new board, don't want to create a  topic regarding my Ebay situation and not sure if this is the appropriate place, hope you can advice me with this situation:

A buyer from Europe (Poland), low rating (5), offers to buy a collection I have $4.5k offer out of $5.5k asking price. At first I declined due to uncomfortable low rating buyer and from country that I don't usually see buyers. He keep pushing "any chance You change Your mind? :)there is no option to buy such complete sets here in Europe so it's actually my only chance to buy it at once instead of collecting sets and single issues for couple of Years...;)" then I insist that the only way is through Ebay GSP to ship the collection, he/she agrees " yeah it's cool, i already used it several times and it works for me, at least it's safe for both sides. so now let's meet withe the price:) global shipping program will automatically add 23% of the value to cover customs office tax.. "

The offer price is reasonable and I will sell it for that price if it is buyer from US and other familiar countries. 

Question:

1. Can I still get scammed if he/she filed "not as described" "incorrect items" with Ebay and I am liable for it?

2. Would you sell it to this buyer? User name: jon-snow-lives

His recent feedback is from 0 rating buyer account; however, the previous 4 ratings are from more experienced sellers.

I just looked at the other 4 sellers: they all selling something similar to "guide on how to make money online/Ebay/social media", might have answered my own concerns, but what you think? May be he/she just a reseller?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

17 hours ago, AnhDepTrai said:

Hello boardies,

First time posting with the new board, don't want to create a  topic regarding my Ebay situation and not sure if this is the appropriate place, hope you can advice me with this situation:

A buyer from Europe (Poland), low rating (5), offers to buy a collection I have $4.5k offer out of $5.5k asking price. At first I declined due to uncomfortable low rating buyer and from country that I don't usually see buyers. He keep pushing "any chance You change Your mind? :)there is no option to buy such complete sets here in Europe so it's actually my only chance to buy it at once instead of collecting sets and single issues for couple of Years...;)" then I insist that the only way is through Ebay GSP to ship the collection, he/she agrees " yeah it's cool, i already used it several times and it works for me, at least it's safe for both sides. so now let's meet withe the price:) global shipping program will automatically add 23% of the value to cover customs office tax.. "

The offer price is reasonable and I will sell it for that price if it is buyer from US and other familiar countries. 

Question:

1. Can I still get scammed if he/she filed "not as described" "incorrect items" with Ebay and I am liable for it?

His recent feedback is from 0 rating buyer account; however, the previous 4 ratings are from more experienced sellers.

I just looked at the other 4 sellers: they all selling something similar to "guide on how to make money online/Ebay/social media", might have answered my own concerns, but what you think? May be he/she just a reseller?

Thanks!

Personally, I would not sell an item(s) of this value to an international bidder.  Too risky.

Ebay is absolutely wonderful for buyers and not so great for sellers, what with the listing fees, final value fees (hey, I know they gotta bring in the moolah), but worst is the fact that sellers cannot provide negative feedback as I recall.  I think that's crazy.  I guess the thinking is, the buyer can't really screw the seller very badly because the seller won't ship out the item until the buyer pays for it, whereas the seller could really screw the buyer by not shipping the item after it's been paid for.  But there are more than a few a-hole buyers.

But Ebay really is the perfect business model--if you're a seller, you want to sell where the most people possible will see your listings, and if you're a buyer, you want to go where there are the most sellers so that you can find whatever you're looking for, and also in many cases there'll be several sellers selling the same thing (gold and silver bullion, for example) so you'll get the best price as they compete with each other.

On 3/18/2017 at 10:44 PM, AnhDepTrai said:

Hello boardies,

Question:

Thanks!

NO. NO. NO.

You will get scammed.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

NO. NO. NO. You will get scammed.

I don't know 100% if it's a scam, but there are enough red flags there, and enough risk, for too high a cost, that I vote "avoid."

If you have good stuff, you can sell it elsewhere without the worry.

I'm just reading about the new changes, now. I'm not quite sure I get the part about sellers wanting to pay for advertising instead of having a 20% discount on fees.

I do like the part about putting your sales hours in, because I had someone pay at 2:30 am one time and the package had to go out the same day. 

I'm going to list my hours as Mondays 2 to 3 am.

Really, sellers would RATHER pay  for advertising instead of getting a discount?

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/index.html

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm just reading about the new changes, now. I'm not quite sure I get the part about sellers wanting to pay for advertising instead of having a 20% discount on fees.

I do like the part about putting your sales hours in, because I had someone pay at 2:30 am one time and the package had to go out the same day. 

I'm going to list my hours as Mondays 2 to 3 am.

Really, sellers would RATHER pay  for advertising instead of getting a discount?

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/index.html

I missed that part; which page is it on? I had the same thing happen a week ago; didn't notice until the next morning after I was already at work. Barely got it to the PO in time after I got home and got it packaged.

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

Waiting on hold always takes forever. They do have an option where you ask them to contact you and that seems to go faster.

Yeah, I will have to try that. I haven't had to call them often, and I guess I've had pretty good luck with being helped quickly. This wait was over an hour. I even took a shower and got ready while on hold. I had to leave though, so I gave up.

16 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

I missed that part; which page is it on? I had the same thing happen a week ago; didn't notice until the next morning after I was already at work. Barely got it to the PO in time after I got home and got it packaged.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/shipping-tools.html

Thanks!

Sounds good on paper, but there’s got to be some way that ebay will make it tougher for sellers in the process. Curious to see how it plays out. Plus I’d still rather have the 20% than all this other garbage. Jumping through even stricter hoops for 10% might not be worth it.

This is just another e-bay rant, but I need to get a little of the bile out of my system. cydoraswardrobe2011  sold me a lot and charged me $12 for shipping, no problem, the shipping was listed in the auction and  I figured it in my price. The seller then shipped the lot in a USPS priority flat rate box with a media mail label for $6.05 shipping on the box. Of course the USPS hit me with a postage due of $7.55 because I had to pay the difference between media and Priority. (Yes I should have refused the box, but like the fool I am I figured the seller would make me whole). Of course he didn't, his first response was that I was wrong and it hadn't been a priority box, I sent a picture disproving that, then the response was basically tough.

All this is normal e-bay BS and I can live with it, but he was a "Top Rated Seller", and 49 minutes after I left appropriate negative feedback saying

"Item was nice, but charges $12 for shipping, package came prioity $7.55 pst due "

he got e-bay to change it to a neural.  That's the part that gets to me, Ive left nearly 8,000 feedbacks on e-bay and less than a dozen are negative, this one should have stood.

Rant over feeling better

Crime%20and%20Punishment%2067_zpsfqepltj