• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Billbord said:

How are people this stupid? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TEEN-TITANS-44-NM-MINT-9-8-MINT-9-9-1ST-NIGHTWING-ORIGIN-DEATHSTROKE-1984-/362108591145

That auction went for more than GPA for a 9.8. How does this seller not have any negative feedback? There are 3 9.9s in the census and no 10s. This is incredibly shady to me. 

/VentOver

if you check out their completed sales (use the end date most recent first filter)-- you will see they have sold the same books over and over--- and the winning bidder places 95% of their bids with this one seller-- which screams shill bidding. Unless they have a stash of this same book in minty high grade, I am guessing they keep trying to sell the same books (not just this single book-- many others) over and over again and pump the bids up with their own shill account to the point that they keep winning their own auctions. List, pump, win, oops, rinse and repeat.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:41 AM, Billbord said:

How are people this stupid? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TEEN-TITANS-44-NM-MINT-9-8-MINT-9-9-1ST-NIGHTWING-ORIGIN-DEATHSTROKE-1984-/362108591145

That auction went for more than GPA for a 9.8. How does this seller not have any negative feedback? There are 3 9.9s in the census and no 10s. This is incredibly shady to me. 

/VentOver

I believe that is the dooshbag formerly known as muscleshark on the boards.

Books are overgraded, seller is crap.

15 hours ago, wombat said:

Not sure how that is possible. I thought as soon as you have any bid on an item that the Buy It Now is no longer available. - and yeah-- it looks very suspicious for many reasons other than that.

2 hours ago, jcjames said:

Is Ebay not showing number of "views" of your items anymore?

All I get is a "--" instead of the number of views. I still see a number for "watchers" on an item, but not for views.

Anyone else seeing this?

I still see views.  They did change everything around recently (again) and the seller portal is now more customizable so maybe the views is off to the right or you have to re-select that column.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

That's a cool book.

cool.jpg.473693dc148b7dd1dcff27332dae4f2e.jpg

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

I like this part:
"This collector's item will be sent out to the lucky new owner well protected in a costly ARCHIVAL MYLAR COMIC SLEEVE WITH AN ACID-FREE BACKER-BOARD"

How very generous of the seller!

Just realized that Bay is now charging me 11.5% final value fee on both final price and shipping cost since July 1, 2017. Always thought it was supposed to be 10% on both. Does anybody know why? Looking at the eBay fee description, it should still be 10% (shrug)

Edited by pickycollector

Looking for input on an issue I’m having.

I placed a winning bid on Sept 15th for a lot of 17 magazines. The starting bid was 29.99. I was the only bidder. I felt this was a great deal and I was happy I won. 

The shipping charge was 5.00 and listed as “economy shipping.” I thought that was a pretty cheap shipping charge, but I shrugged it off. Checked the sellers feedback and everything looked good.

On Sept 18th they were marked as shipped.  It also noted there was no tracking information available. :eyeroll:

I waited until Sept 27th to message the seller, asking for more information or if they had tracking. Also would like to note that this packages origin is Illinois and I’m in Iowa. Seller responds: 

Figures I didn't track it because the cost of the shipping with tracking was about half of the total sale but I shipped it out over a week ago using usps. Post office said it would take 7-10 business days so if you don't get by Friday I'll issues a refund sorry for the rest inconvenience.

I advised him that he should have been more knowledgeable about the shipping cost and/or should have listed the item at a higher starting bid.   I researched economy shipping and saw several reports that it could take as long as 14-30 Days. It’s disconcerting but it wasn’t an expensive item so I figured I’d just have to be patient. I told him I’d wait 30 Days from the date of expected delivery (Sept 25) before asking for a refund. He responded kindly, thanking me for working with him on it. 

:blahblah: still hasn’t arrived. Have any of you experienced this type of wait with economy shipping? Do you think he even shipped it? I know I’ll get a refund but I’m sad because I really wanted those mags. Thanks for input. 

54 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Looking for input on an issue I’m having.

I placed a winning bid on Sept 15th for a lot of 17 magazines. The starting bid was 29.99. I was the only bidder. I felt this was a great deal and I was happy I won. 

The shipping charge was 5.00 and listed as “economy shipping.” I thought that was a pretty cheap shipping charge, but I shrugged it off. Checked the sellers feedback and everything looked good.

On Sept 18th they were marked as shipped.  It also noted there was no tracking information available. :eyeroll:

I waited until Sept 27th to message the seller, asking for more information or if they had tracking. Also would like to note that this packages origin is Illinois and I’m in Iowa. Seller responds: 

Figures I didn't track it because the cost of the shipping with tracking was about half of the total sale but I shipped it out over a week ago using usps. Post office said it would take 7-10 business days so if you don't get by Friday I'll issues a refund sorry for the rest inconvenience.

I advised him that he should have been more knowledgeable about the shipping cost and/or should have listed the item at a higher starting bid.   I researched economy shipping and saw several reports that it could take as long as 14-30 Days. It’s disconcerting but it wasn’t an expensive item so I figured I’d just have to be patient. I told him I’d wait 30 Days from the date of expected delivery (Sept 25) before asking for a refund. He responded kindly, thanking me for working with him on it. 

:blahblah: still hasn’t arrived. Have any of you experienced this type of wait with economy shipping? Do you think he even shipped it? I know I’ll get a refund but I’m sad because I really wanted those mags. Thanks for input. 

If the shipping was $5, I'm guessing your "economy" shipping was media mail. Magazines don't qualify for media mail, so they might be held up somewhere. 17 Magazines shipped would probably cost 4 times that amount to ship priority (depending on where you both were) and he probably figured no one would buy them for those shipping costs.

I'd just chalk it up to an error, ask for your refund and if he doesn't send one, contact eBay.

Edited by skypinkblu
left out an end parenthesis.

On 10/5/2017 at 8:41 AM, Billbord said:

/VentOver

He gets negative feedback all the time. For some reason they get deleted. He probably knows someone on eBay. He was banned from this board for being shady. 

On 10/5/2017 at 5:41 AM, Billbord said:

/VentOver

That's why Muscleshark/Dr Frankenstein is in the Hall of Shame. That seller is one and the same.

If people fail to learn from his past history, then they have only themselves to blame.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sensation-Comics-51-Golden-Age-Wonder-Woman-Fine-Range/182863894448?hash=item2a938997b0:g:beAAAOSwa81Z9isX

I usually just ignore these, but 1/8th of an inch must have changed recently;) He thinks the book grades 5.0 to 5.5, but he lists 6.0?  I hope this is not a boarder.  Seems to be some hidden water damage right edge, and those creases, foxing, tears in 7.5 to 8.0? :facepalm:

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sensation-Comics-51-Golden-Age-Wonder-Woman-Fine-Range/182863894448?hash=item2a938997b0:g:beAAAOSwa81Z9isX

I usually just ignore these, but 1/8th of an inch must have changed recently;) He thinks the book grades 5.0 to 5.5, but he lists 6.0?  I hope this is not a boarder.  Seems to be some hidden water damage right edge, and those creases, foxing, tears in 7.5 to 8.0? :facepalm:

Wow.  :facepalm: