• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

So how long until I should file charges against a seller ?

Item purchased 3/23

Week away

eBay says i should receive it between 4/7 and 4/12.

As of 4/13 - no art

As of now two messages sent to seller with no response

So how long until I should file charges against a seller ?

Item purchased 3/23

Week away

eBay says i should receive it between 4/7 and 4/12.

As of 4/13 - no art

As of now two messages sent to seller with no response

IMMEDIATELY if not sooner.

If you have sent two messages without receiving a response (assuming these two messages were not sent 10 minutes ago), then time to get the ball rolling.

I don't want the money back I want the page. :sorry:

I hope you get the page buzz. I always treated these situations on a case by case basis. If the item is easily obtainable I would have done as you did. Most likely after the same duration of time had passed, if not sooner due to the lack of response.

Yet on harder to find, or one of a kind items like OA I am more prone to let more time pass or disregard messages not being responded. With the hope of actually getting the item I really want, but I wouldn't have let it gone much longer than it already has. Sometimes sellers just don't value communication and timeliness but do wind up sending the item out at some point.

How come it is considered almost taboo to leave a negative for a seller? I ask as transactions occur in which comics are shipped to me with little to no protection, customer service is never provided, and comics arrive not as described. Shouldn't those warrant negative feedback to warn other buyers about the seller in question that provided that type of service? The entire eBay banned list seems to indicate that I shouldn't for fear of being banned. Kind of weird.

How come it is considered almost taboo to leave a negative for a seller? I ask as transactions occur in which comics are shipped to me with little to no protection, customer service is never provided, and comics arrive not as described. Shouldn't those warrant negative feedback to warn other buyers about the seller in question that provided that type of service? The entire eBay banned list seems to indicate that I shouldn't for fear of being banned. Kind of weird.

I do not view leaving negative feedback as taboo. It is all situational and in my opinion it is either deserving or it isn't. From my experience the majority of sellers do make an attempt to make things right. If they do not then that is when I would decide if negative feedback is to be left.

The other eBay milkshake thread should have a requirement about posting your eBay handle with your post

These days I'm pretty easy to find. Come at me bro.

Wait... what?

I've found that sellers having all the bad behavior you describe like this are a small minority. Many have one bad habit (ie. packing poorly, poor description, rudeness, etc.) but let's be honest - everyone is human.

I'll leave negative feedback only as a last resort. Generally its when a seller hasn't resolved things and forced a confrontation through ebay.

As far as banned list here, I would use your own experiences and put only the most egregious cases from here. One-sided rants about someone, no matter how clear they appear, always have another side to the story.

I truly do not understand eBay buyers. Why would someone buy a 9.2 X-Men #100 with OW/W pages for $239....when there are sellers (including myself) with copies as good or better (White pages) for less?

It's a head scratcher, to be sure.

I truly do not understand eBay buyers. Why would someone buy a 9.2 X-Men #100 with OW/W pages for $239....when there are sellers (including myself) with copies as good or better (White pages) for less?

Why would people complain that my price for a book at $250 including shipping was too high? Ask me repeatedly for a discount, I refuse because I feel that it is a fair price. Someone else lists the same book in grade at auction and it climbs past $300 without shipping included.

I reprice my book at $300, the same person emails me asking for the book at $250. I decline and a couple of days later the book sells at the new price of $300 shipped to someone else. I get a message again that I have basically ruined their childhood.

I do not think it is eBay. I think it is some people.

Why would people complain that my price for a book at $250 including shipping was too high? Ask me repeatedly for a discount, I refuse because I feel that it is a fair price. Someone else lists the same book in grade at auction and it climbs past $300 without shipping included.

I reprice my book at $300, the same person emails me asking for the book at $250. I decline and a couple of days later the book sells at the new price of $300 shipped to someone else. I get a message again that I have basically ruined their childhood.

I do not think it is eBay. I think it is some people.

Agreed. Like anywhere, there are lots of folks buying and selling on eBay that either need to be on medication or just aren't taking it. Years ago before eBay hid all the ID's of auction bidders, I won an inexpensive auction for a common book (in the $15 range) with a last-minute snipe.

The underbidder contacted me and called me a bunch of names for "unfair bidding practices" lol