• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,140 posts in this topic

eBay has some shifty buyer/sellers but I'm very greatful that I've come across none so far ( touch wood) ....recently purchased a comic from a regular and the seller replied that he would be out of town for a week and if I wanted to cancel my order he would refund me straight away, I thanked him for his honesty and told him to post it out to me when he returned home.

On 9/5/2017 at 4:06 PM, october said:

EBay has become so much nicer since I did the following things:

1. Set all listings to BINs with no best offer option.

2. Opted into the global shipping program, domestic shipping is free.

3. Immediate payment required on all listings.

4. All offers coming through messages are ignored.

Cuts out 95% of the headaches. 

I have questions about #2

• I prefer to ship all my books Priority (in a Medium box, as I deal almost exclusively in graded books).  I assume I'd have to find some other means of packaging the books for shipment?
  • How is it that domestic shipping is free?  I'm not seeing that detailed in their terrible explanation of the program.
  • Why is eBay so bad at basically everything?

Have you ever had an Ebay listing that just won't show up on a search? This has happened a couple of times, once last year and once again this week.

It's like there's a glitch in the listing that won't be read by searches. It shows up fine on my side in preview and if I click on my own listings, but it never shows up on any search listings.

I've called Ebay once before and they said just cancel the original listing and start a new one - that worked the last time it happened but not on this one. Started a whole new listing and it still has a "glitch" somewhere in the listing. Can't figure it out.

Weird.
Anyone else have a "glitchy" listing that will not show up on a search?

15 hours ago, jcjames said:

Have you ever had an Ebay listing that just won't show up on a search? This has happened a couple of times, once last year and once again this week.

It's like there's a glitch in the listing that won't be read by searches. It shows up fine on my side in preview and if I click on my own listings, but it never shows up on any search listings.

I've called Ebay once before and they said just cancel the original listing and start a new one - that worked the last time it happened but not on this one. Started a whole new listing and it still has a "glitch" somewhere in the listing. Can't figure it out.

Weird.

Yes.  I had a Walking Dead 19 CGC 9.6 that would not show up no matter what I did. I also had a Walking Dead 2 CGC 9.6 that would only show up if I searched "The Walking Dead 2 CGC 9.6"  All of those words had to be in the search including "The", which was not even in my listing.  I got so frustrated with the 19 that I traded it for a raw BA 12 and sold that on eBay instead!!!! lol

15 hours ago, jcjames said:

Weird.

11 minutes ago, RidersRohan said:

Yes.  I had a Walking Dead 19 CGC 9.6 that would not show up no matter what I did. I also had a Walking Dead 2 CGC 9.6 that would only show up if I searched "The Walking Dead 2 CGC 9.6"  All of those words had to be in the search including "The", which was not even in my listing.  I got so frustrated with the 19 that I traded it for a raw BA 12 and sold that on eBay instead!!!! lol

I too have had problems, but not selling but buying, so yes it happens...

I'm planning to get a IH 181 in cgc 7.5/8.0 range and some IH 181's would show up if I put the whole phrase Incredible Hulk 181 cgc 7.5 rather than just Incredible Hulk 181 cgc and listed it from lowest to highest or vice versa, :) 

18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I too have had problems, but not selling but buying, so yes it happens...

I'm planning to get a IH 181 in cgc 7.5/8.0 range and some IH 181's would show up if I put the whole phrase Incredible Hulk 181 cgc 7.5 rather than just Incredible Hulk 181 cgc and listed it from lowest to highest or vice versa, :) 

I had a similar problem with my Walking Dead 100 Red Foil CGC 9.8.  If I searched without the CGC 9.8, it wouldn't come up even though there were 3 or 4 others for sale on eBay,  All my issues have been with selling Walking Dead book, which is a little strange.  

I'm having a problem with the search display in my saved searches.Once upon a time I could click on the comics category and see everything from all sub categories.

Now I get a blank page with all the sub-categories listed on the right.

If I go to say Bronze it comes up normal as it does if I go to my Dave Stevens saved search.

I assume this is something Ebay changed but is there a way to get it back? Sometimes I like to snipe something cheap.

4 hours ago, RidersRohan said:

Wow that would really suck on a higher ticket book. It's frustrating enough on just a little $15 book, I'd be more than peeved on a half-a-grand book like WD2!

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

I'm going on vacation tomorrow. Should I take all my listings down? ...Add a week to my handling time? ...What?

If you have top rated + status and want to keep your discount, yes.

If you don't have top rated + status and don't care about attaining it, then just keep your listings open.

4 hours ago, Gaard said:

I'm going on vacation tomorrow. Should I take all my listings down? ...Add a week to my handling time? ...What?

I moved everything over to a 1 week auction when I went away on vacation.  But I've got a store with tons of listing that I have a hard time finding the time to use them all and 500 "free" auctions each month so it was no big deal for me.

I've had the search result not turn up frequently.one example being,having a seller set up a listing,I'll be watching their sellers page and the listing won't be there.oddly enough I do a manual search in the comic section and it shows up.

Another search problem im having is using two different internet sources with my key word search.I've run lot searches at exactly the same time(one tablet)(one ps3) the ps3 turns up more results then my tablet by 100s.

I know about the selective returned results.I've searched completed many times on books I'm after,as we all do.occasionally I'll see books I was looking for have ended and ended very cheaply at that.I won't stir any conspiracy theories.but have heard certain accounts won't yield a search based on your eBay account and performance vs the sellers.

Odd things that make you wonder.

On 9/15/2017 at 4:34 PM, cortown71 said:

I've had the search result not turn up frequently.one example being,having a seller set up a listing,I'll be watching their sellers page and the listing won't be there.oddly enough I do a manual search in the comic section and it shows up.

Another search problem im having is using two different internet sources with my key word search.I've run lot searches at exactly the same time(one tablet)(one ps3) the ps3 turns up more results then my tablet by 100s.

I know about the selective returned results.I've searched completed many times on books I'm after,as we all do.occasionally I'll see books I was looking for have ended and ended very cheaply at that.I won't stir any conspiracy theories.but have heard certain accounts won't yield a search based on your eBay account and performance vs the sellers.

Odd things that make you wonder.

Yeah, I noticed that too - depending on the device, I get different returns using the exact same search terms.

:pullhair:

3 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

I know there are ways to filter them out but right now on eBay , golden age newly listed.... of the first 200 newly listed comics about 95% are photo copies !??? it is such a turn off that i didn't even bother going to the second page of 200 listings:pullhair:

is it from the same seller? you could filter them out

Unrelated to other current posts but interesting to point out...

the other day I bought a Halloween accessory on eBay. I searched for only those items from North America. Shipping seemed reasonable and the item location on the listing led me to believe the item was in the USA. However at checkout time the item origin indicated Hong Kong/China/Taiwan next to the shipping price.

What gives with the misdirection?

How are people this stupid? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TEEN-TITANS-44-NM-MINT-9-8-MINT-9-9-1ST-NIGHTWING-ORIGIN-DEATHSTROKE-1984-/362108591145

That auction went for more than GPA for a 9.8. How does this seller not have any negative feedback? There are 3 9.9s in the census and no 10s. This is incredibly shady to me. 

/VentOver