• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,166 posts in this topic

Just now, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I see a 20% off $25+ using code P20SAVENOW ... just putting it out there :smile:

it's not comics though... i don't think, I saw it earlier, I'll check again :) 

5 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

You're actually not allowed to promote any sales. There is a specific section for that.

Didn't see anything about that in this section but I'm not trying to circumvent any rules. I've seen other links to auctions in here but if a mod closes my post, I understand

On 1/22/2018 at 12:00 PM, ygogolak said:

It says right there, eBay price stays the SAME.

:roflmao:

I believe it says the AVERAGE stays the same. But there are some changes at various weights that I noticed when recently buying shipping through ebay (at least some of them seemed different). It just seems like it would be much simpler to list all the first class rates somewhere-- or link to them -- something useful instead of "hey the USPS is changing rates and this impacts you (insert overly confusing verbiage & chart here)".

3 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I believe it says the AVERAGE stays the same. But there are some changes at various weights that I noticed when recently buying shipping through ebay (at least some of them seemed different). It just seems like it would be much simpler to list all the first class rates somewhere-- or link to them -- something useful instead of "hey the USPS is changing rates and this impacts you (insert overly confusing verbiage & chart here)".

Their "average" doesn't make any sense. My "average" First Class cost went up $0.40 yet somehow there chart shows it's the same.

Question for you guys. I recently had a seller who sent me a book that was not as described. Refund went smoothly. I just checked today and that same book has been relisted using the same pictures and description. I tried to explain to the seller that not showing the defects that I uncovered isn't fair to the new bidders who are unaware.

How do you guys feel about this practice? 

1 hour ago, Ovrclck said:

Question for you guys. I recently had a seller who sent me a book that was not as described. Refund went smoothly. I just checked today and that same book has been relisted using the same pictures and description. I tried to explain to the seller that not showing the defects that I uncovered isn't fair to the new bidders who are unaware.

How do you guys feel about this practice? 

its terrible, you should probably out them here or that other thread so people can block him.  Also, you can TRY to report to ebay, though they probably won't do anything about it.

21 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Their "average" doesn't make any sense. My "average" First Class cost went up $0.40 yet somehow there chart shows it's the same.

The only column on that chart for 2017 pricing is the first one. The last two columns are both 2018 pricing, one for Top Rated Sellers and one for non-TRS. 

4 hours ago, GM8 said:

Anybody use Facebook Marketplace to sell comics?  I'm looking to branch out from Feebay and saw this was a thing.

I've sold a few books but you're still gonna get lowballers. If your prices are fair and firm though, you'll eventually get a legit buyer. Patience though. You might also try one of many buy/sell groups too. More options improves your sales

Edited by B2D327
Added info

5 hours ago, revat said:

its terrible, you should probably out them here or that other thread so people can block him.  Also, you can TRY to report to ebay, though they probably won't do anything about it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GODS-7-NM-9-2-1ST-STEPPENWOLF-KIRBY-1972-ORIGIN-MISTER-MIRACLE-NOT-CGC/362222328384

This is what arrived. Seems more than just a "tiny fleck". Hope this helps!

IMG_20180117_171334.thumb.jpg.1b3cd42697fb777e4c7f1fd16c324f90.jpg

IMG_20180117_171326.thumb.jpg.18ccc0c7f3ee01d7e3bd4a7ea7a57bbd.jpg

Edited by Ovrclck

10 hours ago, Ovrclck said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GODS-7-NM-9-2-1ST-STEPPENWOLF-KIRBY-1972-ORIGIN-MISTER-MIRACLE-NOT-CGC/362222328384

This is what arrived. Seems more than just a "tiny fleck". Hope this helps!

Spoiler

IMG_20180117_171334.thumb.jpg.1b3cd42697fb777e4c7f1fd16c324f90.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20180117_171326.thumb.jpg.18ccc0c7f3ee01d7e3bd4a7ea7a57bbd.jpg

Seller is a superdooshbag.  Should have searched his name here first before wasting your time.

Selling books that look nicer than they are and leaving out defects/pictures is his MO.

34 minutes ago, Timmay said:

Seller is a superdooshbag.  Should have searched his name here first before wasting your time.

Selling books that look nicer than they are and leaving out defects/pictures is his MO.

I noticed that this one has been returned too:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOWCASE-31-NM-9-2-Key-silver-DC-Comic-2nd-Aquaman-White-pages-1961-not-CGC/362222357817?hash=item5456228d39:g:gmQAAOSwv~1aSdK4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOWCASE-31-NM-9-2-Key-silver-DC-Comic-2nd-Aquaman-White-pages-1961-not-CGC-/362201015058?hash=item5454dce312%3Ag%3AgmQAAOSwv~1aSdK4&nma=true&si=MUt9V%2BPRvCmLvz2AUYNfc1pujMo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by lizards2

Boy - look through their sold listings - they are no strangers to returns.

They may have the largest collection of 9.8/9.9 Tales of Teen Titans #44 in the world!  lol

Today I used Ebay/PP for the first time to print out the shipping label. (It makes life so much easier, I should've been doing this from the start.) Anyway, I was a little puzzled when I read where it says (in all caps), "DO NOT TAPE OVER BARCODE". I've received dozens of packages where the barcode is covered with tape. So, is this more of a suggestion, kinda like don't use call phones on planes ... something could happen, but it's very, very unlikely.