• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,164 posts in this topic

What are the advantages of using the "print label" option from ebay ... other than saving the 30 seconds it takes to write the address?

Discounted shipping price, automatically loads tracking information.

I can't prove it imerically, but I'm pretty sure when I switched to printing the shipping labels through eBay - as apposed to hand writing the address - my packages moved through the postal system a tad faster.

I guess that makes it a no-brainer.

Chalk me up as a "print label" user. (after I buy some more printer ink)

What are the advantages of using the "print label" option from ebay ... other than saving the 30 seconds it takes to write the address?

Discounted shipping price, automatically loads tracking information.

I can't prove it imerically, but I'm pretty sure when I switched to printing the shipping labels through eBay - as apposed to hand writing the address - my packages moved through the postal system a tad faster.

I guess that makes it a no-brainer.

Chalk me up as a "print label" user. (after I buy some more printer ink)

Definitely less hassle and cheaper.

I used to do it by hand... when I was selling something here and there. Now that I have been selling a LOT more...

Cheaper - especially on International

I use regular typing paper and then packing tape over it as it is cheaper than buying the sticker paper.

Payment comes straight from received paypal fees so all money remaining goes straight to ComicLink the bank.

Hi, I am looking for opinions on what to do about this eBay transaction. Should I leave a negative or a neutral feeback?

Basically, I won 3 CGC books from the same seller. The shipping was listed as $15 in each auction. I know I should have asked beforehand about combined shipping, but I have never had a problem getting combined shipping in the past.

Once I won the auctions, I sent the seller a message requesting a combined shipping total. He sent me an invoice for $45 shipping. I messaged him back if he could please combine shipping as he could easily fit 3 slabs in a Flat Rate box for under $15.

He refused. He actually told me in a reply that he was trying to make up for the eBay fees by charging this much for shipping. I reminded him that that is actually against eBay rules and it seems unreasonable to charge $45 for something that actually would cost $15 max.

He ultimately came down to $27 shipping.

I paid the $27 because I really wanted the books.

However, I feel that $27 shipping for 3 CGC books, which he sent in one box, and I only live one state away from him, is still way too high. In my mind, $20 would be the max reasonable to charge.

I believe that he profited roughly $15 by overcharging for shipping.

What do you think? Negative or neutral? There is no way I am giving a positive.

Thanks.

Edited by The Kaptain

Hi, I am looking for opinions on what to do about this eBay transaction. Should I leave a negative or a neutral feeback?

Basically, I won 3 CGC books from the same seller. The shipping was listed as $15 in each auction. I know I should have asked beforehand about combined shipping, but I have never had a problem getting combined shipping in the past.

Once I won the auctions, I sent the seller a message requesting a combined shipping total. He sent me an invoice for $45 shipping. I messaged him back if he could please combine shipping as he could easily fit 3 slabs in a Flat Rate box for under $15.

He refused. He actually told me in a reply that he was trying to make up for the eBay fees by charging this much for shipping. I reminded him that that is actually against eBay rules and it seems unreasonable to charge $45 for something that actually would cost $15 max.

However, I feel that $27 shipping for 3 CGC books, which he sent in one box, and I only live one state away from him, is still way too high. In my mind, $20 would be the max reasonable to charge.

Thanks.

Sellers like this deserve a negative with emphasis on the "5 star rating" and justifiable comment. I've had sellers make similar attempts to circumvent fees or pad charges and then notified them that if they were going to charge shipping for each item individually, I expect each item to be shipped individually or they would be returned. The negative was left after they received their items back and my payment was refunded to which they then send all kinds of apologies and offers of discounts to which all I can say is they knew they were in the wrong to begin with and only care about the hit to their reputation when they get called out on their dishonesty

You should have asked prior to bidding/BINing.

Since you didn't, and this is just my opinion, you're lucky he discounted at all.

I don't think a neg/neutral is warranted.

Since you didn't, and this is just my opinion, you're lucky he discounted at all.

Agree.

You didn't ask about combined at first. He ultimately negotiated down. You also could have asked to cancel the transaction but you wanted the books. If the books are as described, just don't leave any feedback...A neg or even neutral is not fair if the books are good IMHO.

If the seller hadn't discounted at all I definitely would have left a negative or neutral. That's just being a d bag. But he did and since you didn't ask first I would just not leave any feedback.

Agree.

You didn't ask about combined at first. He ultimately negotiated down. You also could have asked to cancel the transaction but you wanted the books. If the books are as described, just don't leave any feedback...A neg or even neutral is not fair if the books are good IMHO.

For the record, I do think the guy not combining is a move but given the variables, wouldn't neg him...Just don't leave any feedback and don't deal with them in the future. Guy probably lost a future customer for peanuts. Not smart.

Agree.

Disagree

Seller admitted being a d'bag by saying he used shipping to make up for eBay fees.

A nominal charge on top of shipping should be expected, $20 is more than fair.

The seller should thank the buyer for winning three auctions thus driving up the price and putting more money in his pocket.

I never assume combined shipping. If it is not stated, I ask if I am factoring in the shipping cost to the total of my overall bid.

While they are sort of wrong for not combining, not asking them lands on your shoulders.

I would leave either no feedback or positive feedback but lower ratings on the shipping section, along with a warning comment to others not to assume fairly priced combined shipping. Something like "Nice books, as described- shipping costs were unreasonable"

Also-- stop buying from them.

Thanks.

Give him a neutral then give him 1 star on shipping rating, this will eventually hurt him in the long run if he gets enough of them from others.

This is a seller who is nickel and diming his customers for his own benefit, $15 in ebay fees isn't going to put him out of business but making himself look bad in the eyes of potential customers will.

Anyone ever have a buyer hit the BIN and pay for the item (I have BIN's set to auto payment required) and then immediately send a request to cancel? I have had this happen on auctions, but never a BIN...

...Never mind...0 Feedback bidder... Sigh...

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Anyone ever have a buyer hit the BIN and pay for the item (I have BIN's set to auto payment required) and then immediately send a request to cancel? I have had this happen on auctions, but never a BIN...

...Never mind...0 Feedback bidder... Sigh...

I had it happen on a Best Offer. I messaged the guy asking why he would make an offer and cancel after I accepted. His response was "I realized I could get it cheaper by downloading it on PlayStation." :facepalm:

Thanks.

You didnt say how the books were ACTUALLY shipped....

I could package 3 slabs in such a way that it cost $27 to ship them.

If he just crammed 3 slabs into a flat rate box, and that's what you got, neg him.

Thanks.

You didnt say how the books were ACTUALLY shipped....

I could package 3 slabs in such a way that it cost $27 to ship them.

If he just crammed 3 slabs into a flat rate box, and that's what you got, neg him.

but isn''t that what OP wanted?

Three slabs in a flat rate box - does not leave a lot of room for packaging/protection. It can be done - but I would rather be safer with slabs.

My standard rates on three slabs would end up being $28 and would have to ship in 2 separate boxes ( I also combine shipping without hassle, lol) ----

Also a big part - what is the value of the shipment? - insurance is not free and is part of shipping expenses. If these were $50 slabs - not a big contributor - but $500 slabs eats up that $$$ pretty quick.

Three slabs in a flat rate box - does not leave a lot of room for packaging/protection. It can be done - but I would rather be safer with slabs.

In a large flat-rate box there's plenty of room to protect three slabs, and they can also be double-boxed with that setup.

In a large flat-rate box there's plenty of room to protect three slabs, and they can also be double-boxed with that setup.

as the OP says a "flat rate box for $15"

which would not be a large flat rate box

that would be a medium flat rate box.

Ordered some comic books advertised as NM but some kind of colored marker/tape at the top of almost all the pages of the comics ruins the book .What is it and y are so many comics have this ? thanks.