• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Uhg, just had 2 first class packages take 2 weeks to get to their destinations. I guess that what happens when you mail them late in the afternoon on July 3?

I just found out I accidentally swapped two labels on packages sent out the same day last week July 8th - the very day Mercury began its retrograde. Your package probably got caught up in that too. 

Blame it all on Mercury. :tonofbricks:        :grin:

Edited by jcjames

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

I just found out I accidentally swapped two labels on packages sent out the same day last week July 8th - the very day Mercury began its retrograde. Your package probably got caught up in that too. 

Blame it all on Mercury. :tonofbricks:        :grin:

Always print out one label at a time per order.  No screwups that way.  Made that mistake once many years ago.  Never made it again. 

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Always print out one label at a time per order.  No screwups that way.  Made that mistake once many years ago.  Never made it again. 

Thats why surgeons started writing THIS ARM in sharpie on patients going into surgery-

1 minute ago, kav said:

Thats why surgeons started writing THIS ARM in sharpie on patients going into surgery-

I have had that written on me every time.  It makes it a little nerve wracking lol 

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I have had that written on me every time.  It makes it a little nerve wracking lol 

All my hand surgeries there's no way they could have screwed up the damage to be repaired was obvious.

2 hours ago, electricprune said:

Received a nice Silver Age book today. Shipped in a rigid mailer, no board, no bag, and not secured. To cap it off, they put a sticky note thanking me for my purchase right in the middle of the front cover. That thing did not want to come off.

:whatthe: oh,that stinks.

Edited by porcupine48

4 hours ago, electricprune said:

Received a nice Silver Age book today. Shipped in a rigid mailer, no board, no bag, and not secured. To cap it off, they put a sticky note thanking me for my purchase right in the middle of the front cover. That thing did not want to come off.

At least they didnt write thx for the purchase on the book with a sharpie as has been known to happen.

I don't know of a "PayPal" thread but oye!

PayPal is still messing with my brain lol 

When I got a refund on a purchase, they accidentally refunded me twice... the correct one and by the same amount purchase due January of next year....

They originally said that they'd fix it, but I woke up this morning to the "same amount 'miscellaneous' adjustment" today for the same refund amount due this month instead of January....

I tried to call and raise Cain calmly, and supposedly their going to forget the whole thing to where I don't owe it at all lol 

RIIIIIIIGHT!?! :wishluck:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Any idea what’s happening here? 

Won six raw Daredevils — five commons and a high grade 168 for a decent amount two days ago. Listing said seller would combine shipping, so I’ve sent two invoice requests and a separate email politely asking for a total and an upgrade to Priority as I’m eager to get the books. (a high grade raw 168 is one of my grails). Still no total, and I’m not about to pay $30 in shipping fees (they were gonna send Media, FYI). 

Am I being unreasonably impatient, or is something amiss? (For what it’s worth, the seller doesn’t usually sell comics, but they had about a dozen DDs.) Is there any way to expedite the process beyond requesting an invoice over and over again? 

4 hours ago, alexanderjk said:

Any idea what’s happening here? 

Won six raw Daredevils — five commons and a high grade 168 for a decent amount two days ago. Listing said seller would combine shipping, so I’ve sent two invoice requests and a separate email politely asking for a total and an upgrade to Priority as I’m eager to get the books. (a high grade raw 168 is one of my grails). Still no total, and I’m not about to pay $30 in shipping fees (they were gonna send Media, FYI). 

Am I being unreasonably impatient, or is something amiss? (For what it’s worth, the seller doesn’t usually sell comics, but they had about a dozen DDs.) Is there any way to expedite the process beyond requesting an invoice over and over again? 

You mean you won auctions that ended Friday? Some people take weekends off. :grin:

Is it just me?

I buy around 10 raw Golden Age books a month on ebay, and up until this year, I'd have to return maybe a couple each year for missing pages (usually the centerfold). This year, it's averaged one a month. Granted they are largely lower grade books sold for under $50, the type a seller might be less diligent about checking, but some are fairly obvious, where the story page numbers jump by 5 on either side of the staple, or the art and characters are completely different. Even if you are unsure of page count or don't want to do one for each comic, how hard is it to at least flip to the center of the book and see if the continuity from one centerfold page to the next makes any sense?

22 hours ago, rjpb said:

Is it just me?

I buy around 10 raw Golden Age books a month on ebay, and up until this year, I'd have to return maybe a couple each year for missing pages (usually the centerfold). This year, it's averaged one a month. Granted they are largely lower grade books sold for under $50, the type a seller might be less diligent about checking, but some are fairly obvious, where the story page numbers jump by 5 on either side of the staple, or the art and characters are completely different. Even if you are unsure of page count or don't want to do one for each comic, how hard is it to at least flip to the center of the book and see if the continuity from one centerfold page to the next makes any sense?

Holy :censored:, you actually open and read your comics!?

On 8/7/2019 at 7:21 AM, cigars&comix said:

eBay Sellers - ever try a variation listing for comics??

Just saw this one - i didnt know it could be done in our category.

https://www.ebay.com/i/312447697591?var=611128640670

Has 35+ images!

I have done one and it didn't go well at all. No sales from it. I think it is only available to stores though.