• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, SeniorSurfer said:

Went to the main eBay home page and a link is available for 5% Bonus Bucks on purchases. Expires 4/23 at 2359 PDT.

Couple years ago before the taxes hit in October eBucks bonus promos were usually 10% or 8% ...... there even used to be 15% off purchases also... those days are sadly gone :'(

5% is nothing.. nothing

Not sure if the 5% e-bay bucks have helped but sales have been very good over the last week or so.  Nothing earth shattering but if I can sell my pre Covid numbers for a few weeks in a row i consider that a success.

On 4/16/2020 at 12:07 PM, littledoom said:

Full runs are selling well. this is the time to be listing and selling them.. readers are locked out and want to read.. ebay is the source.. even libraries are closed

I am buying large lots if priced well.  I'm missing digging in dollar boxes at cons, so I've been buying lots where each issue is a buck or so.

Edited by StingerMcK

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Not sure if the 5% e-bay bucks have helped but sales have been very good over the last week or so.  Nothing earth shattering but if I can sell my pre Covid numbers for a few weeks in a row i consider that a success.

There's always a little boost w that 5% but it's mainly for lower priced items to sell that buyers were on the fence on.... this stay at home order has been a blessing in disguise for me as sells have literally never been better across the board

8 hours ago, littledoom said:

50,000 additional free listings with a store subscription also till end of July

I'm wondering if this is a good thing of bad thing.  The amount of books getting listed over the next couple months is going to be staggering.  And I wonder how many people didn't notice all the BINS must be Good Until Cancelled and will get a shock the first month the promo goes away..

I just got an e-mail about signing up for some E-Bay managed payment option.  It appears to me from the notice that its a way to get funds directly from E-Bay rather then going thru Paypal - anyone else get the notice and are you reading it the same way?

14 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I just got an e-mail about signing up for some E-Bay managed payment option.  It appears to me from the notice that its a way to get funds directly from E-Bay rather then going thru Paypal - anyone else get the notice and are you reading it the same way?

This happened on another app and it's horrible having to wait 2-3 days for the payment to arrive in my bank account versus right away in my PayPal account.. i hate the process.. I got the same ebay email.. now something else for me to do great ! lol.

Edited by littledoom

Just got off the phone, the new collectibles category fees would be 12.35% plus .30 cents ebay processing fee .. The ebay PayPal contract ran out so PP is no longer needed for sellers to collect funds but as buyer you can still use PayPal for purchasing. 12.35% (new ebay fee) vs 12.90% (current ebay PayPal combined fee) ... you save a little which adds up as a volume seller but I still like receiving instant payments rather than waiting 2-3 business days for the funds to clear my checking account.

Edited by littledoom

Is there any reason..... any reason.... or valid reason rather @Buzzetta

That a comic that I bought and received and left positive feedback for, wouldn't show up under "sold listings" on ebay?

I bought a ASM #568 Newsstand 9.0 and it doesn't show up as "sold" and it's been a couple of weeks (shrug) 

so idk, just thought that I'd mention it, since we check "sold" sometimes to compare prices etc......

28 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That a comic that I bought and received and left positive feedback for, wouldn't show up under "sold listings" on ebay?

I bought a ASM #568 Newsstand 9.0 and it doesn't show up as "sold" and it's been a couple of weeks (shrug) 

so idk, just thought that I'd mention it, since we check "sold" sometimes to compare prices etc......

I originally thought it was because I was was on the "app", but Ebay.com on my laptop doesn't show it either, idk 

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes. 

Scenario 1 - Sometimes if the seller is in arrears with eBay, had the listing pulled, was selling something suspicious, or faced any disciplinary action from eBay their listing might be hidden.  Perfect example is when I buy bootleg Lego figures from the Chinese vendors.  Those figures are clearly a violation of Lego intellectual property along with a mess of IP problems.  Every now and then Lego is able to get eBay to shut a listing down.  So, in the past, I found out that I could not leave feedback for the item even though I had received it and had a perfect transaction because eBay removed the transaction. 

Scenario 2 - You are not looking hard enough.  Look in previous purchases or follow it from feedback you have left.   If it is not there then eBay pulled the listing altogether. 

47 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes. 

Scenario 1 - Sometimes if the seller is in arrears with eBay, had the listing pulled, was selling something suspicious, or faced any disciplinary action from eBay their listing might be hidden.  Perfect example is when I buy bootleg Lego figures from the Chinese vendors.  Those figures are clearly a violation of Lego intellectual property along with a mess of IP problems.  Every now and then Lego is able to get eBay to shut a listing down.  So, in the past, I found out that I could not leave feedback for the item even though I had received it and had a perfect transaction because eBay removed the transaction. 

Scenario 2 - You are not looking hard enough.  Look in previous purchases or follow it from feedback you have left.   If it is not there then eBay pulled the listing altogether. 

Oh I can find it under "my purchases" and stuff...there was nothing wrong with my particular transaction the one I'm trying to find, but I'll include the seller, because he does have a couple of negatives and neutrals

Scenario #1 doesn't work the seller was from California and it was a slab

Scenario #2 doesn't work, Put in Amazing Spider-man 568 cgc and search from high to low sold listings, it doesn't show the 568 newsstand anywhere

try 568 newsstand/nothing. Try Spider-man 568 high to low and nothing....... try Spiderman 568 high to low nothing....

If it was simple I'd have figured it out lol 

@Buzzetta

Screenshot_20200504-123425.png

Screenshot_20200504-123436.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Go ahead and knock yourself out lol @Buzzetta

Try to find this April 3rd 2020, sold listing!!!

I am at a total loss here.  
You broke eBay