• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,164 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I am at a total loss here.  
You broke eBay

Lol I know right? Haha

I know people are busy, but it was a head scratcher for me is all lol

Anyway, it's all good  :)

I've had this happen several times over the last couple of years on eBay

My fixed price listing which does not accept offers gets changed to accept offers. I didn't make the change myself, nor did I want to. 

Is there somewhere in their updated user agreement where eBay has the ability without asking a user to change their listing like that?

7 hours ago, Asianassassincomics said:

My fixed price listing which does not accept offers gets changed to accept offers. I didn't make the change myself, nor did I want to. 

Is there somewhere in their updated user agreement where eBay has the ability without asking a user to change their listing like that?

I... Think so...? When I receive an offer for an item I didn't ask for, I just change it back. As a small-store seller, this ain't a big deal. I can see this being a huge headache for large-quantity sellers, though.

Someone just bought a Funko Pop for $240

They have 83% feedback due to 5 positives and 1 negative total... 

I have $15 into the Funko pop so... let's roll the dice I guess but I will eat signature confirmation and insurance on this. 

12 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I... Think so...? When I receive an offer for an item I didn't ask for, I just change it back. As a small-store seller, this ain't a big deal. I can see this being a huge headache for large-quantity sellers, though.

So I'm not the only one who this has happened to. It's not a huge deal but it does waste my time which is annoying.

22 hours ago, Asianassassincomics said:

If someone finds out let me know. If I list 1000 items 5 or 7 or how many days later every single one will have best offers automatically put on by ebay. Super annoying. I use the app so maybe it's just a app thing? Dunno but hate it. 

Cant believe ebay is still around, cant someone make a successful auction site. Myspace was just fine but Facebook destroyed them. I searched the web just fine with MSN excite Yahoo etc but google took over. MH maybe some rich guy will be like what if I make a site that is a mix of ebay and Amazon. A one stop shop.

14 hours ago, Asianassassincomics said:

So I'm not the only one who this has happened to. It's not a huge deal but it does waste my time which is annoying.

To me, it’s more than an issue of the time wasted to switch it back. 

On more than one occasion I only discover the unwanted BIN option when a user makes an offer on my item. So now a potential buyer is turned off from all my listings because they think I’m a disingenuous seller who’s using BIN as a bait-and-switch to hook users into my items. eBay’s “help” becomes counterproductive. 

While I may have inadvertently agreed to this meddling in one of their numerous User Agreement updates, if eBay is going to exercise this option, I think there should be some kind of pop-up on listings right before you hit “LIST” for listings that they’ve targeted so I can at least have a heads-up and change the listing before I lose a potential customer. 

31 minutes ago, oldbsturgeon said:
On 5/4/2020 at 12:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Go ahead and knock yourself out lol 

Try to find this April 3rd 2020, sold listing!!!

Screenshot_20200504-125634.png

Yeah I just checked go collect and it’s not there 

It's weird right? But I've received the slab last month and even left positive feedback 

7 minutes ago, oldbsturgeon said:

I wonder if it can be searched by item number 

I just tried the order number and what I believe to be the item number, and nothing .....

I mean it does show up in "my purchases" and is clickable and shows the listing as sold also the details......

It is just an oddity I guess (shrug) 

So, let me run this one by you all:

I sold an action figure lot via eBay auction. It was going gangbusters (much better than I expected, frankly) and finished up strong this morning. However, it was won by a zero feedback buyer who just registered YESTERDAY.

This, of course, sets off all sorts of alarms.

Now, it's only been a couple of hours, so that's not unusual that they haven't paid yet, but I obviously have my concerns. I guess at this point I just have to wait and see if they pay, and if not I have to go through the second offer process, etc. But my problem with second chance offer, or relisting, is that I feel like this auction is now tainted, because the fact that it was won by a potentially non-paying zero feedback bidder, frankly, looks shilly.

Any thoughts about what course of action I should take? I guess i have to give the guy at least two days to at least attempt payment. But I'm...not hopeful.

4 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I sold an action figure lot via eBay auction. It was going gangbusters (much better than I expected, frankly) and finished up strong this morning. However, it was won by a zero feedback buyer who just registered YESTERDAY.

Now, it's only been a couple of hours, so that's not unusual that they haven't paid yet, but I obviously have my concerns. I guess at this point I just have to wait and see if they pay, and if not I have to go through the second offer process, etc. But my problem with second chance offer, or relisting, is that I feel like this auction is now tainted, because the fact that it was won by a potentially non-paying zero feedback bidder, frankly, looks shilly.

Any thoughts about what course of action I should take? I guess i have to give the guy at least two days to at least attempt payment. But I'm...not hopeful.

Just wait a day or two, send the second chance offer w a message the high bidder dint pay, or relist as a buy it now at the same auction price or higher w best offer and take offers around the non paying auction price

also send invoice and message payment reminders

Edited by littledoom

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

There are others here who have more experience with selling figures like Buzz, you might want to wait to hear from them. 

But when I tried to sell some vintage action figures a couple of years ago I swore to gawd I’d never ever use auction-style as a way to sell them again.

Initially I had them listed as BIN at prices that were strong prices but the pieces were in exceptional condition, and the irony is if I had just been patient (as Buzz always preaches) I would have eventually sold them at my price. 

But I got impatient and re-listed them as auctions, and the bidding was really strong and ended up surpassing my BIN prices. Problem is, they were all won by the same guy who was trying to whittle me down on my BIN prices. Big surprise, the guy flaked and didn’t pay. 

So I tried the 2nd chance offers once the NPB goes through and nobody accepts and I get a couple of snotty responses...because of course now all the legit bidders think the winning bidder was my shill and I’m the one who drove up the price. 

So now I make my next big mistake and re-list the figures 2 weeks after the initial auction and now the bidding isn’t nearly as strong...and I STILL get another dead-beat bidder. 

My advice: try the 2nd chance offers, but don’t hold your breath.  If no success there, wait at least 30 days, then re-list as a BIN either at the price the auction ended at or just a bit below....and then be patient. 

That’s tough advice I know, as no telling what the buyer market will be like in 30 days. But my experience is eBay auctions in general and action figure auctions in particular bring out the thrill-bidders. 

Edited by Number 6

Thanks guys, appreciate the thoughtful responses. Yeah, looks like I'm stuck, appreciate the chance to vent!

I have a question or two for you guys/gals:

If your listing only ships within the USA, are international users still able to view it? If so, are they able to purchase it in any way?

Also, how would you handle a question when the answer is concisely within both your item Title and Description?

Since the potential "buyer" is in China, I'm considering ignoring the message altogether. Bad form?

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have a question or two for you guys/gals:

If your listing only ships within the USA, are international users still able to view it? If so, are they able to purchase it in any way?

Also, how would you handle a question when the answer is concisely within both your item Title and Description?

Since the potential "buyer" is in China, I'm considering ignoring the message altogether. Bad form?

Yes users around the world will still be able to see your items even if you don't ship globally. If you have the Global Shipping Program button switched off you're going to get the question "How much is shipping to my country?" If it's on, the buyers will be able to see how much it will cost and decide to buy or not