• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2021 at 7:32 PM, the blob said:

Does anyone the make an offer to watchers? I do it, will get a sale out of it now and then. I get a lot of them on books I did not think I was even watching. But if you have made an offer and never got a response, is it set so that you can never make an offer again? I have books that have been watched for years. I know people watch for lots of reasons.

oh, I cannot stop myself from doing it. I have drek for the most part and decided last week to buy a 5 figure key, so watch my item and within a few hours you will get an offer! I think you can make an offer and then some period of time has to pass before you can make another offer on that item. That is how it seems to me, but I am not sure of the exact mechanism

5 minutes ago, Bird said:

oh, I cannot stop myself from doing it. I have drek for the most part and decided last week to buy a 5 figure key, so watch my item and within a few hours you will get an offer! I think you can make an offer and then some period of time has to pass before you can make another offer on that item. That is how it seems to me, but I am not sure of the exact mechanism

I don't seem to have the option on some books and it has been a long time since the last offer. my guess is they are watching it because they own the same thing and want to see if/when it sells and for how much.

Anyway, I think it is a useful feature. I think some people are afraid of making an offer and this shows that I am fine with negotiation. Basically I give more free stuff to people who pay full price or make offers that are closer to ask, but I don't want to actually say that in my auction.

Edited by the blob

33 minutes ago, the blob said:
37 minutes ago, Bird said:

Expand  

I don't seem to have the option on some books and it has been a long time since the last offer. my guess is they are watching it because they own the same thing and want to see if/when it sells and for how much.

Anyway, I think it is a useful feature. I think some people are afraid of making an offer and this shows that I am fine with negotiation. Basically I give more free stuff to people who pay full price or make offers that are closer to ask, but I don't want to actually say that in my auction.

From my own experience, sending an offer only goes to those watching, and to send a new offer you have to either get a new "watcher" or some watching have to unwatch and then watch again...

Whenever I've sent an offer the second time, it doesn't say it went to the total watchers. It says it went to fewer, which is usually the amount of new watchers I have since the last time I sent an offer

That's a mouthful but has been my experience (thumbsu

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

i'd have to be shown. never done it on computer to mass buyers

i do it one at a time at specific prices. i don't know how to do 10% off to everyone who is watching.

In response to an eBay message asking if I was on the boards I gave my boards name and made a deal through pm to sell a couple items I had listed on eBay. Turns out he’s new here (11/20) and on eBay and after receiving payment I learned his address is unconfirmed on PayPal. Am I just being paranoid or should I worry about a potential problem?  Hopefully someone can help. 

This question should probably be put in the 'obvious' file, but color me ignorant.

For years, when I sold a comic and went to print out the label, I had 3 choices...FedEx, UPS, and USPS. Now there is a fourth option...Ebay. Is Ebay a shipper now? (I still choose USPS when printing the label)

39 minutes ago, Gaard said:

This question should probably be put in the 'obvious' file, but color me ignorant.

For years, when I sold a comic and went to print out the label, I had 3 choices...FedEx, UPS, and USPS. Now there is a fourth option...Ebay. Is Ebay a shipper now? (I still choose USPS when printing the label)

I have not seen it on comics, but the way I understand it. They launched a shipping option for trading cards priced $20  and under up to 3oz in an envelope with tracking for under $1.

@BlowUpTheMoon - This happened while I was shopping for the game... 

List price was $250 - Original retail was at $200 but it is out of print and cannot be purchased anymore. 

I just finished removing all of the snow from today’s storm. And after a week of doing that from our Nor’easter, it isn’t the snow removal that almost killed me. What almost killed me was falling over in laughter at such a lowball offer.

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 10.37.31 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

On 2/4/2021 at 10:45 PM, the blob said:

i do it one at a time at specific prices. i don't know how to do 10% off to everyone who is watching.

Just lower the price 10%

eBay sends notes to the watchers that the price was lowered....or they did a month ago, with all the changes no guarantees;)

On 2/5/2021 at 8:55 AM, ThothAmon said:

In response to an eBay message asking if I was on the boards I gave my boards name and made a deal through pm to sell a couple items I had listed on eBay. Turns out he’s new here (11/20) and on eBay and after receiving payment I learned his address is unconfirmed on PayPal. Am I just being paranoid or should I worry about a potential problem?  Hopefully someone can help. 

Personally, I never send to any address not listed on their PayPal and make that clear in my generic templates. You are not being paranoid, from my experience on ebay it is very good practice.

On 2/4/2021 at 9:44 AM, littledoom said:

Too bad you can't send offers to prospective buyers via computer.. only works on mobile

On 2/4/2021 at 6:22 PM, littledoom said:

i'd have to be shown. never done it on computer to mass buyers

If this is what you mean, I go to my active listings while using the computer, select the comic or comics by clicking the square to the left (or select all if you want to send offers for all of your listings). Then, above your list of actives, one of the tabs will show "sell it faster" - there will be options for promoting offers.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

Dumb question. I bought something directly off the MCS website that had a parallel listing on ebay. I want to look at the pic, which i did not save before I bought. When I try to look at their completed items (I assume they just cancelled the listing), it only shows sold items. Why can't I find this item on ebay, which was ended early because I bought it on the MCS website?

17 hours ago, skypinkblu said:
On 2/4/2021 at 10:45 PM, the blob said:

Just lower the price 10%

eBay sends notes to the watchers that the price was lowered....or they did a month ago, with all the changes no guarantees;)

I don't do it often, but when I do, that's the way.

I've even gotten notices from ebay on items I've only looked, not watched, when the seller had reduced the price.

15 hours ago, the blob said:

Dumb question. I bought something directly off the MCS website that had a parallel listing on ebay. I want to look at the pic, which i did not save before I bought. When I try to look at their completed items (I assume they just cancelled the listing), it only shows sold items. Why can't I find this item on ebay, which was ended early because I bought it on the MCS website?

I wonder if they deleted the listing after cancelling it. That's usually what I do.