• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

I hope those aren't tissues next to the Victoria's secret catalog that were used for packing. O.o

You know those 1092 & 1095 Priority boxes? You have to peel that strip of paper off the end to get at the glue? Every now & then, the seller will drop those strips of paper in the box before sealing it. After seeing the trash that atrocitius received, I'll no longer roll my eyes when pulling those strips of paper out of the box.

Just received this message from eBay:

"Thank you for being a Bucks member, and a valuable part of our eBay community. We’re reaching out to tell you about upcoming changes to the eBay Bucks program.

After careful consideration, we’ve decided to retire the 1% earnings reward on everyday purchases starting April 1st, 2021. The good news is, you will continue to receive bonus Bucks offers, so you can keep earning.

And, beginning April 1st, the Bucks you earn will have a 12-month redemption window, so there’s even more time to score those big savings.

You can also earn extra rewards through the eBay Mastercard®, earning up to 5x points on eBay purchases. Now through March 11th, 2021, open a new eBay Mastercard, spend $250 in the first 30 days and receive a $50 statement credit.* Click here to learn morelearn more.

We hope you will continue to enjoy savings and deals on the brands you love. Plus, all the exciting finds you’ve come to expect on eBay: from the rare to the retro to the right now.

Sincerely,

The eBay Bucks Team"

1 hour ago, D84 said:

Just received this message from eBay:

"Thank you for being a Bucks member, and a valuable part of our eBay community. We’re reaching out to tell you about upcoming changes to the eBay Bucks program.

After careful consideration, we’ve decided to retire the 1% earnings reward on everyday purchases starting April 1st, 2021. The good news is, you will continue to receive bonus Bucks offers, so you can keep earning.

And, beginning April 1st, the Bucks you earn will have a 12-month redemption window, so there’s even more time to score those big savings.

You can also earn extra rewards through the eBay Mastercard®, earning up to 5x points on eBay purchases. Now through March 11th, 2021, open a new eBay Mastercard, spend $250 in the first 30 days and receive a $50 statement credit.* Click here to learn morelearn more.

We hope you will continue to enjoy savings and deals on the brands you love. Plus, all the exciting finds you’ve come to expect on eBay: from the rare to the retro to the right now.

Sincerely,

The eBay Bucks Team"

Vintage eBay.

On 2/26/2021 at 5:26 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Someone packed your book with their garbage? 

this looks like packing material shoved in there to stop the slab from flopping around and protect it? is there anything dirty about it? is it really different than getting something packed up inside a bunch of old newspaper or circulars used for padding?

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

this looks like packing material shoved in there to stop the slab from flopping around and protect it? is there anything dirty about it? is it really different than getting something packed up inside a bunch of old newspaper or circulars used for padding?

Are you defending the way the seller packed the book?:insane:

Have a little pride in how you ship your customers their books.

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

4 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Are you defending the way the seller packed the book?:insane:

Have a little pride in how you ship your customers their books.

I have no idea how it was packed, I just see the stuff pulled out of the box. I happen to have plenty of bubble wrap always because my wife orders too much krap, but the krap I see would do the trick also in terms of keeping the slab in place and providing additional protection. far superior to a free floating slab or some (clean unused) tissues in there that do nothing to protect it. true, i don't see the use for the victoria's secret catalogue as is. it should be crumpled up into balls to provide cushioning, preferably with nothing sticky on it. i am not sure what those white things are, but if they are the strips pulled off the box, what's the problem?

On 2/22/2021 at 5:21 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

How are we supposed to know whats really hot or whats being manipulated anymore?

if that is the only 9.8 that sells for anywhere near there then we either have manipulation or a coupe of guys who lost their mind bidding on a book

30 minutes ago, littledoom said:

And whats the time window for earning? Still quarterly?

It says 12 month redemption, well if your earning for 12 or spending "it" for 12 I'm not sure, but is the cap still $500 per period? that I'd like to know and also

you may have a point, that for a "while" they may go higher than "5%" coupon, and may have them more often if only 5% ........

I mean lets face it the 1% was pittance but it was something, especially if you you never know when the 5% is going to be offered :( 

39 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It says 12 month redemption, well if your earning for 12 or spending "it" for 12 I'm not sure, but is the cap still $500 per period? that I'd like to know and also

you may have a point, that for a "while" they may go higher than "5%" coupon, and may have them more often if only 5% ........

I mean lets face it the 1% was pittance but it was something, especially if you you never know when the 5% is going to be offered :( 

Either the email was too vague or it's too early in the morning for me, but I found the specifics lacking.  Lot of questions, but overall feels like a bad thing.  Not that I buy on eBay that often.  And in truth, it could be a blessing in disguise because the eBay bucks just incentivized me to buy something or risk losing it which just created a vicious cycle.