• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,164 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ExNihilo said:

Either the email was too vague or it's too early in the morning for me, but I found the specifics lacking.  Lot of questions, but overall feels like a bad thing.  Not that I buy on eBay that often.  And in truth, it could be a blessing in disguise because the eBay bucks just incentivized me to buy something or risk losing it which just created a vicious cycle.

True, I have a feeling though that it'll get a little better for a minute, or long enough to get some hooked, then it will get worse again. Surely they have "some incentive" in mind for doing it, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what. Perhaps, 5% more often or higher than 5%, but in the end we don't know when they drop, but it doesn't mention percentage off coupons (of any category, or most any) I haven't got one of those in over a year.

Maybe I'm hopeful or dreaming, but to say it this early before April, doesn't make it sound good at all :( 

24 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

True, I have a feeling though that it'll get a little better for a minute, or long enough to get some hooked, then it will get worse again. Surely they have "some incentive" in mind for doing it, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what. Perhaps, 5% more often or higher than 5%, but in the end we don't know when they drop, but it doesn't mention percentage off coupons (of any category, or most any) I haven't got one of those in over a year.

Maybe I'm hopeful or dreaming, but to say it this early before April, doesn't make it sound good at all :( 

Maybe it's a month long April Fools joke.  :devil:

Incredible Hulk #181 in CGC 9.4 grade.

The last two sales for this book according to GPA were:

On 12-28-2020 for $10,000 (the highest amount for the year)

On 1-16-2021 for $15,600 (the only sale they've recorded this year)

And now the copy that sold yesterday on ComicLink:

Hulk181.jpg.e7d301816393af012ae5d8a626b619f8.jpg

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

Incredible Hulk #181 in CGC 9.4 grade.

The last two sales for this book according to GPA were:

On 12-28-2020 for $10,000 (the highest amount for the year)

On 1-16-2021 for $15,600 (the only sale they've recorded this year)

And now the copy that sold yesterday on ComicLink:

Hulk181.jpg.e7d301816393af012ae5d8a626b619f8.jpg

NM high grade condition keys will always sell for a premium regardless of the date. That’s why it’s always good to have them

I got a negative yesterday saying the package got stolen and the package should have gotten delivered to the apartment main office.  I shipped the package to whatever was on the E-Bay purchase so I'm hoping E-Bay will remove it for me if he doesn't by this weekend.  E-Bay buyers seem to be getting weirder and weirder.

12 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I got a negative yesterday saying the package got stolen and the package should have gotten delivered to the apartment main office.  I shipped the package to whatever was on the E-Bay purchase so I'm hoping E-Bay will remove it for me if he doesn't by this weekend.  E-Bay buyers seem to be getting weirder and weirder.

so I am assuming they did not give you specific instructions to ship to the main office? how is that you're fault? anything left by a door in an apartment complex would be fair game to anyone walking through. hope it gets removed.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

The words 'doosh' and 'bag' come to mind.

Had a comic arrive this morning where the comic is sliding around inside the case, video below.  Not sure if this was damaged in shipment or what, the outer part of the case has no scratches or anything??

Video

Seller doesn't accept returns but have filed with Ebay to resolve.

does anyone use ebay managed payments?

i recently found out about it and wanted to know what the pros and cons are of the program.

im currently using paypal as my payment service but if i can save money by not using it then ill switch. 

21 minutes ago, JFisk said:

Had a comic arrive this morning where the comic is sliding around inside the case, video below.  Not sure if this was damaged in shipment or what, the outer part of the case has no scratches or anything??

Video

just an fyi..... that isn't the sellers fault and is common :foryou: would you rather have them say so in the listing? (shrug) 

38 minutes ago, JFisk said:

Video

What did the seller do wrong in this sale?  The inner sleeve appears to be a tad loose and the book is sliding a bit but this is not really rare.  I'd contact CGC and see what they say but with that amount of sliding I don't think the seller did anything wrong.

Just now, 1Cool said:
42 minutes ago, JFisk said:

Video

What did the seller do wrong in this sale?  The inner sleeve appears to be a tad loose and the book is sliding a bit but this is not really rare.  I'd contact CGC and see what they say but with that amount of sliding I don't think the seller did anything wrong.

I agree. @JFisk if it bother's you then ok, I was only asking if I needed to be that picky or not and either as a buyer myself or as a seller :foryou: 

I'd be super thankful, if there was some research done on it first as @1Cool suggests, I know scs can be serious and it would be cool to get the education.

As 1cool also says and I agree though, this is fairly common, and I didn't think it was a "thing" but could be? either way I hope to get some idea of cgc's response :wishluck: 

22 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

just an fyi..... that isn't the sellers fault and is common :foryou: would you rather have them say so in the listing? (shrug) 

I have a pile of graded books and never had one slide around like this. So, It is a first for me.   

It seems some of you missed this part-"Not sure if this was damaged in shipment or not"....wasn't blaming the seller, I just assumed it got damaged during shipment, especially considering the large cut/stab mark on the box.  That is precisely what my message to him said, looks like it got damaged during shipping; never "blamed" the seller.

I was puzzled how the inner well was moving if the outer part of case was fine.  I didn't know it was some possible design defect but now I do.  

4 minutes ago, JFisk said:

I have a pile of graded books and never had one slide around like this. So, It is a first for me.   

It seems some of you missed this part-"Not sure if this was damaged in shipment or not"....wasn't blaming the seller, I just assumed it got damaged during shipment, especially considering the large cut/stab mark on the box.  That is precisely what my message to him said, looks like it got damaged during shipping; never "blamed" the seller.

I was puzzled how the inner well was moving if the outer part of case was fine.  I didn't know it was some possible design defect but now I do.  

sure no worries!

I didn't think you were blaming anyone, I just know on returns on ebay the seller eats 3% of the cost, so returns that might not be "justifiable" looks to do damage to a seller.

Not saying yours was unjustifiable, just on the info known currently, the return might not be needed as this is common and we wanted to ask if it was indeed a concern. I've had slabs like that and want to be sure I'm not receiving 1) something that will be damaged 2) something hard to sell myself....

so concern as to if it was going to cause damage to the book were in my head, along with, the several slabs I've received like that. If the seller is cool that's cool too, just was curious if it was an issue or what the extent of the issue was with a slab/book like that is all :)