• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

I understand. When I sell stuff, I already have an amount in mind that I would accept as reasonable if I entertain an offer. I want $500 for this book. I would accept $450 or $425. Something like that.

the market is moving so quickly. recent sales could have jacked up, or cooled down, something.

Got a GSXM 1 back from CGC, nice looking 5.5...I typically put all my books as BIN with Best Offer but this book is so red hot I let it go at auction. It was a good decision, got a crazy amount of watchers and bids, sold for $3405 :applause:

However, buyer messaged me last night saying he drunk-bid on this, and needed to sell some stocks in order to pay for it and would need a few days. No problem, hoping he follows through on his commitment. But...who drunk bids on a $3K+ book? Heck I've drunk bid a bunch of times but usually on books that are maybe a few hundred...geez hm

29 minutes ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

Got a GSXM 1 back from CGC, nice looking 5.5...I typically put all my books as BIN with Best Offer but this book is so red hot I let it go at auction. It was a good decision, got a crazy amount of watchers and bids, sold for $3405 :applause:

However, buyer messaged me last night saying he drunk-bid on this, and needed to sell some stocks in order to pay for it and would need a few days. No problem, hoping he follows through on his commitment. But...who drunk bids on a $3K+ book? Heck I've drunk bid a bunch of times but usually on books that are maybe a few hundred...geez hm

people make a lot of bad decisions while drunk

1 minute ago, Randall Ries said:

Yes well I would obviously base my ask price on CMV. They don't normally changed by thousands in an hour or two's time.

yes, but a $50 book can quickly become a $75 book and more

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

yes, but a $50 book can quickly become a $75 book and more

Maybe an IH 181 can. Hopefully as a seller, I would have a pretty good idea what I was selling and what the value could be in an hour or two. I can't predict artist death. I let my 9.0 HOS 92 go for $1,000. Then Wrightson had the nerve to pass away 6 weeks later. I let the book go at FMV at the time. Couldn't see 6 weeks into the future. Peaks and valleys.

a buyer on ebay ordered two comics, which I shipped first class mail (disclosed as shipping method in the auction). There was no insurance on the comics (total value $66) and none was requested.

the item shows as delivered however the buyer is claiming they did not receive the item as they have a mailbox and the comics would not fit. The post office acknowledge that they did lose the item (by not delivering (in a letter) the buyer showed me.

Buyer feels I am at fault because the item was not insured and they want their money back.

Buyer has stated that they will not leave positive feedback unless I resolve this.

I have disputed the initial ebay claim (still in process) and now the buyer is creating a chargeback with their credit card (I assume)

This is the buyer

flashbackcomics-7

So Feebay no longer has auto-fill-in for leaving feedback messages?

I used to have over a dozen or more feedback messages that I wrote that I could pick from in a dropdown list depending on the item, but now I have to type out each and every feedback message.

Anyone else notice that?

39 minutes ago, jcjames said:

I used to have over a dozen or more feedback messages that I wrote that I could pick from in a dropdown list depending on the item, but now I have to type out each and every feedback message.

Anyone else notice that?

Happy 4000!

No I haven't noticed it, but it could be concerning if there are usual responses to give. I have feedback to leave however and it worked for me, was it only on one device, or did you try several?

image.png

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

Anyone else notice that?

Yes, the interface changed today unfortunately as I was going to leave a feedback for a buyer. now I have to copy and paste

16 minutes ago, littledoom said:
1 hour ago, jcjames said:

Anyone else notice that?

Yes, the interface changed today unfortunately as I was going to leave a feedback for a buyer. now I have to copy and paste

It auto filled mine on the app

Screenshot_20210324-161451_eBay.jpg

15 hours ago, jcjames said:

Anyone else notice that?

eBay seems to have cleared both my website and app auto-fills, as well.

HEY ALL. 

Story:   i have a slab i want to sell on ebay and accpet payments on paypal. aside from the priortiy express shipping im going to include in the ebay post id like to add additional insurance to cover the full amount of the slab's potential value which is close to 500$ 

QUESTION: what is the best way to include the additional cost of insurance to the customer in either the ebay post or in paypal without paying out of pocket for it?