• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

I have a bunch of unsold listings. Got a 500 free list promo. But it excludes previously listed items. So obviously you can not relist the unsold ones. I tried "sell similar" for an unsold item since its so quick and its still excluded from free promo.

Other than creating a brand new listing from scratch anyone have a work around for this?

If you create a brand new listing from scratch, and then after listing it you look at it and click "sell similar," does it let you?

I like this one a little better. Think this would work (thumbs u Have to still upload pics again for each one, but beggers can't be choosers.

I have a bunch of unsold listings. Got a 500 free list promo. But it excludes previously listed items. So obviously you can not relist the unsold ones. I tried "sell similar" for an unsold item since its so quick and its still excluded from free promo.

Other than creating a brand new listing from scratch anyone have a work around for this?

Find the asme item someone else is selling and do a sell similar.

(thumbs u

That's a weird promo. I got 500, but there was no such restriction, so I re-listed a bunch of auctions that ended a month ago.

That's a weird promo. I got 500, but there was no such restriction, so I re-listed a bunch of auctions that ended a month ago.

Lucky you! Nice. I tried straight up relist and then sell similar, no luck on either. This just happened yesterday btw. And when I took a closer look at restrictions on my promo, it did say not for previously listed items.

Let me just clarify...I could relist them, but would be charged. So first I tried batch style and noticed the fees in the bottom right corner. So then I did just one and noticed it took that off of my alloted 50 free monthly auctions and under promo, there were still 500 left to be used.

This is the blurriest listing I've ever seen... Photo taken on a trampoline?

That's hilarious...might be the worst auction photos ever. Luckily the description is incredibly helpful and well written! lol

"Excellent condition. From my veiw but I'm not an expert on Como books. Theirs now damage to the pages , no rips.. All the pages ate still readable. And attached"

Let me just clarify...I could relist them, but would be charged. So first I tried batch style and noticed the fees in the bottom right corner. So then I did just one and noticed it took that off of my alloted 50 free monthly auctions and under promo, there were still 500 left to be used.

hmm, i just checked all my bills and what not, I was not charged for the 50 or so re-lists I did.

I always make sure to use up my 50 freebies BEFORE I accept the promo deal, because you use the 50 freebies first, I think, regardless. I prefer to use my 50 freebies for 30 day fixed price listings.

were you trying to re-list 1 or 3 day auctions? I know my promo did not allow those. did you have any fancy extras in what you wanted to re-list? those they don't give you for free, and they also don't let you schedule the re-list to happen later. I tried that two promos ago and got burned. the fees did not show up when I did the scheduling, so I thought I was ok, but I got billed when the auction went live.

Hi, I am selling something on eBay and I just got this message from the potential buyer. What do you think? Should I do as he suggests? I am a bit wary of this being a scam. He only has 9 feedback, but all are positive.

"I want to buy it, but your account is not accept payments from non-U.S. PayPal accounts. could you change it? my Paypal account is Canada. but shipping address is U.S, so no worry. is it ok? could you change it? and i will buy it asap."

Thanks!

hmm, i just checked all my bills and what not, I was not charged for the 50 or so re-lists I did.

I always make sure to use up my 50 freebies BEFORE I accept the promo deal, because you use the 50 freebies first, I think, regardless. I prefer to use my 50 freebies for 30 day fixed price listings.

were you trying to re-list 1 or 3 day auctions? I know my promo did not allow those. did you have any fancy extras in what you wanted to re-list? those they don't give you for free, and they also don't let you schedule the re-list to happen later. I tried that two promos ago and got burned. the fees did not show up when I did the scheduling, so I thought I was ok, but I got billed when the auction went live.

I did read that exclusion on the 1 or 3 day list. They were not under that duration. I will have to go back and tinker around with it next time. I was running very low on sleep at the time and now can not recall whether I just tried fix or bidding style too. Your comment is timely on the 50 freebie/30 day. Same here as well. I had a development on that which I will PM you on further for.

Hi guys..I am Ebaying to try to raise some money for some stuff..and I have a situation.

I listed a collectible giant bear... The last time I checked prices on it they were if memory serves ..$275-300.

But now several years later I find no listings for them. A database online that used to be the go to price guide..no longer exists.

So I took a bunch of pictures and not even knowing what this plush animal was named listed it with a BIN of $375..I mean I am raising money for something important so I wanted to at least try to catch a late night crack bidder. I figured if it didn't sell I would relist cheaper.

Within minutes of listing,I get a message. I did not offer "or best offer"I just flat out listed it for the $375. Person emails and says she must have it for her daughter but has bought "dozens" of them and never paid more than $100 for one. I told her I would think about taking an offer. She emailed me 6 times in half an hour. I told her I was at work and would respond when I got home. She emailed twice more. I got an email from someone else who gave me the correct name for it and said it was the artist's "earlier work" and that she hadn't seen one sell in years but similar aged works sell from $250-450.

So in the meantime the first person keeps emailing..I am really on the fence.

Would you just block her?? Because even though she is interested and $100 offer is better than no offer..so many emails in such a short time..make me think she is kind of trouble. Plus I may still be able to get $375 or $250 etc..more than $100 if I wait..

Do you think a person emailing like 12 times about an item is kind of excessive?? Especially when 6 of them are within the first half hour the item is listed.

Anyway I do need the money but don't know if I need the hassle of the person.

In other news ..other than the ice storm delaying my mailings..a bit..my stuff is all selling pretty decent and I have not cracked into the Star Wars lot yet..so I have a chance of raising all the money I need..

maybe lol (10 days to go)

Hi guys..I am Ebaying to try to raise some money for some stuff..and I have a situation.

I listed a collectible giant bear... The last time I checked prices on it they were if memory serves ..$275-300.

But now several years later I find no listings for them. A database online that used to be the go to price guide..no longer exists.

So I took a bunch of pictures and not even knowing what this plush animal was named listed it with a BIN of $375..I mean I am raising money for something important so I wanted to at least try to catch a late night crack bidder. I figured if it didn't sell I would relist cheaper.

Within minutes of listing,I get a message. I did not offer "or best offer"I just flat out listed it for the $375. Person emails and says she must have it for her daughter but has bought "dozens" of them and never paid more than $100 for one. I told her I would think about taking an offer. She emailed me 6 times in half an hour. I told her I was at work and would respond when I got home. She emailed twice more. I got an email from someone else who gave me the correct name for it and said it was the artist's "earlier work" and that she hadn't seen one sell in years but similar aged works sell from $250-450.

So in the meantime the first person keeps emailing..I am really on the fence.

Would you just block her?? Because even though she is interested and $100 offer is better than no offer..so many emails in such a short time..make me think she is kind of trouble. Plus I may still be able to get $375 or $250 etc..more than $100 if I wait..

Do you think a person emailing like 12 times about an item is kind of excessive?? Especially when 6 of them are within the first half hour the item is listed.

Anyway I do need the money but don't know if I need the hassle of the person.

Sounds like she knows exactly what you have and it's value and is trying to get over on you. As someone who sells on ebay, craigslist and letgo, I can't tell you how many times I get lowball offers on already reasonably priced items that I'm looking to sell. I normally block those people and wait...patience is a virtue. You can set up a "best offer" so it automatically declines offers lower than you're willing to take but if you know what you're item is worth just consider how much of a hit you're willing to take when you sell it...not to mention the fees you're going to pay afterwards.

Well darn..first snag..

A buyer on one of my mint in package items just emails and complains the item had been obviously repackaged..but I have pictures front and back the item was MINT old store stock on the card..

No indications no bubbling or separation no glue or tape or staples ..most of the items have never had the hanger tabs punched.

So where does this leave me now??

I emailed her back and told her I had thoroughly pictured the item and ould show prior to shipment it was mint on the card. That I would like a picture of how the item arrived and if it had been opened by the post office or someone else..I could file for insurance. I explained I was raising money for what I consider a worthy cause and I would be happy to refund her monies etc if I could get a little more information as to what is going on. Worse she had made more than one purchase...so now I am expecting her to find fault with those as well. I do not think it is unreasonable to ask for more details on how this item went from mint never removed from card to "obviously taken off and repackaged"

OMG now her emails are getting nasty rude..

she says by the position of the doll they have been collecting these for years and it is obviously repackaged..I said I could take it back

and she isn't sure if she will send it back or not...okay..

I explained I purchased these as old store stock and couldn't see any defects to my eye.the pictures are pretty self explanatory..

I was like.... well I can refund your money

but am I wrong to expect the item back??or pictures to show the obvious stuff she is talking about that I do not see??

I am not saying it this way to her I am trying to be nice like cookies and milk..

She says "Don't worry I will leave appropriate feedback for a seller like you"

I find it kind of devious on the buyer's part when the seller offers to take the item back for a refund and the buyer doesn't want to give the item back.