• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,164 posts in this topic

Buyer:

well I do buy that many comics and I still don't know what ashcan means and I now have 11 of those itsy bitsy flyers

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

He now has 11 (his collection goes to 11) of them, you just got done telling him what it is, and he says he STILL doesn't know what they are.

I wonder how many more he'll buy.

I think I can relate - I still don't know who Nikki Minaj is nor why she is famous.

(:

-slym

Buyer:

well I do buy that many comics and I still don't know what ashcan means and I now have 11 of those itsy bitsy flyers

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

He now has 11 (his collection goes to 11) of them, you just got done telling him what it is, and he says he STILL doesn't know what they are.

I wonder how many more he'll buy.

I think I can relate - I still don't know who Nikki Minaj is nor why she is famous.

(:

-slym

The exception to this is that there are more people who can agree with you, then don't lol

I posted this in the WC thread, but because many here may not venture into that wretched hive, I'll double post in hopes of some feedback...

It's time to decide if I want to renew my eBay store subscription. When I signed up for a store I was listing over 50 items per month, so it made economic sense, based on the insertion-fee cost at the time.

I'm only listing about 25-30 items per month now, and I see that the basic store subscription cost is now $19.95 per month.

At first glance, it doesn't seem to make economic sense to keep up a store subscription. Granted, I will miss out on special features, but the only one I use is vacation settings.

I'm currently a top rated seller, so I enjoy the discounts associated with that. Am I overlooking any savings or benefits associated with maintaining my eBay store?

I posted this in the WC thread, but because many here may not venture into that wretched hive, I'll double post in hopes of some feedback...

It's time to decide if I want to renew my eBay store subscription. When I signed up for a store I was listing over 50 items per month, so it made economic sense, based on the insertion-fee cost at the time.

I'm only listing about 25-30 items per month now, and I see that the basic store subscription cost is now $19.95 per month.

At first glance, it doesn't seem to make economic sense to keep up a store subscription. Granted, I will miss out on special features, but the only one I use is vacation settings.

I'm currently a top rated seller, so I enjoy the discounts associated with that. Am I overlooking any savings or benefits associated with maintaining my eBay store?

Depending on the $ of books you are listing. With a store the most FVF you can pay is $250. So if you don't have a store and sell a $3000 item you will lose an extra $50 in FVF which has just paid for your last 2+ months. Alternative would be if you plan on selling a high $ get a store for only that month.

If this issue has already been discussed I may have been sleepy and missed it.

Whats the deal with Ebay reviews? I know they are a new feature Ebay has added but:

Nothing worse than creating an ad only to have a review of some other seller appear at the bottom of your ad and have a baseless star rating appear on the top of your listing. Initially this was a feature that as a seller you could opt out of but that no longer appears to be the case. Flagging the review does not seem to have an effect either.

I am sure a lot of buyers read these reviews and automatically assume it is a review of the seller they are viewing. I can see this might be a benefit to buyers when purchasing new items but on used it makes little sense.

If anyone has a work-around to eliminate these reviews I am all ears.

Depending on the $ of books you are listing. With a store the most FVF you can pay is $250. So if you don't have a store and sell a $3000 item you will lose an extra $50 in FVF which has just paid for your last 2+ months. Alternative would be if you plan on selling a high $ get a store for only that month.

Thanks and good point. I hadn't thought about the FVF on high dollar items.

So one can no longer see what else a buyer has bid on/bought, right? No backdoor way to do this.

A zero feedbacker who registered for ebay today just bought an $85 item from me and paid, it seems. In the old days I would have checked to see if this was someone on a crazed buying/scamming spree, but I guess there is no way to be sure?

If this issue has already been discussed I may have been sleepy and missed it.

Whats the deal with Ebay reviews? I know they are a new feature Ebay has added but:

Nothing worse than creating an ad only to have a review of some other seller appear at the bottom of your ad and have a baseless star rating appear on the top of your listing. Initially this was a feature that as a seller you could opt out of but that no longer appears to be the case. Flagging the review does not seem to have an effect either.

I am sure a lot of buyers read these reviews and automatically assume it is a review of the seller they are viewing. I can see this might be a benefit to buyers when purchasing new items but on used it makes little sense.

If anyone has a work-around to eliminate these reviews I am all ears.

Yes, all of a sudden all my listings now have "reviews" underneath my titles.

There USED to be a way to remove them, but that seems to no longer be an option.

Anyone know how to get rid of these "item reviews"?

The old way I used that no longer seems to work was:

How to "Opt Out" of product reviews that show up in your listings:

Go to: "My eBay"

Click on "Account" tab

Click on "Site Preferences"

To the right of "Sell Your Item form and listings" Click on "Show"

To the right of "Show product ratings on your listings, if available." Click "Edit"

Click the radio button for "Do not display product ratings on my listings"

Click "Submit"

Anyone know how to get rid of the 5-star item reviews?

Is this is under Site Preferences?

Reviews & Guides

Hide

reviews and guides preferences

Hide your Reviews and Guides helpfulness icon (earned after 100 helpfulness votes are received).

I tried that - it's not it. That just hides the "helpfulness icon" if you have one.

Figure I should pipe in here with what I call a new Buyer low at eBay...for me anyway.

"Sold" three different auctions within a week.

1st buyer (GREEN LANTERN 52 - $40) just ended up being a deadbeat bidder...no response.

2nd buyer (X-MEN 1 - 143 complete reprints - $400) says "d'uh gee Rocky I didn't know they were reprints I thought I was getting all the originals for $400!" and refuses to pay.

3rd buyer (ASM 227 to 240 - $160) shoots me a message this morning "not interested in the Hobgoblin books, thanks!".

I would have posted this in that "add to blocked buyer list" thread but I can't find it.

How about you guys?

Do you find this happening more often?

Ebay fargging Ebay :pullhair:

So I just spent the last half hour on the phone with Mumbai or Manila or wherever trying to explain that I don't want their 5-star "Item Reviews" under the titles of my listings. :sumo:

Apparently.... "they" have removed the opt-out option and are now "randomly" selecting items to place item-reviews in order to increase buyer understanding of what other buyers have said about similar items blah blah blah... meh

I talked to three different people about WHY this is not a good feature and why I want it removed. They said they cannot remove the feature and sellers can no longer opt out. So it will show up on new listings no matter what.

And to show them how ridiculous this is, I currently have a Batman for sale which got stuck with a 4/5 item-rating (dated 2013) underneath my title - and yet there are 30 other copies of this same book and NONE of them have that 4/5 rating underneath their titles!!! :pullhair: Why is mine the only one with a 4/5 rating and no other copy on ebay has that item review!?? :mad:

"Jake" said he could remove the actual item-review that was written in 2013, but that doesn't solve the problem. I tried to explain that I don't want that feature on ANY of my listings and they said they can't. All they can do is remove a specific review and then it'll be left with "be the first to write a review" link.

What gets me is this item-review line doesn't show up on all listings!? ???:pullhair:

Has anyone else had better success getting the item-reviews line completely removed from their listings?