eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
19 19

1,953 posts in this topic

28,537 posts
Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

I saw that. Too bad I didn't see it beforehand, or it wouldn't have ended at $51.

:D

 

It was up for months and never sold at it’s starting price. I had found it for a $1 at HPB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54,813 posts
3 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

It was up for months and never sold at it’s starting price. I had found it for a $1 at HPB

Yeah, that's the sucky part...you don't know what you're missing if you've missed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125 posts

@RockMyAmadeus Nice thing about this hobby, everything eventually comes around again. I'm after that particular ashcan for sentimental reasons; Deadliest of the Species #1 was the first book I ever bought w/ my dad. I still have the full set of books, but I want to include the ashcans, and have the whole thing framed up for my office wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
222 posts
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Supa-Bad-Mofo said:

No doubt! Just makes you wonder how much they paid for it @Poka:bigsmile::facepalm:

 

I used to send mails to sellers informing that instead of gold they had stones. Most of the times sellers didn’t believe me and no point to report to eBay, so.....

Edited by Poka
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,749 posts

looks like ebay really wants my wife to list more items

D35eZ5dXoAEwVnf.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,592 posts
15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wait it's 2 BILLION?????? @Bird

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c81d6477968462f51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
892 posts

Just curious...

When a seller gets an offer that's autodeclined, do they see it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54,813 posts
14 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Just curious...

When a seller gets an offer that's autodeclined, do they see it?

No. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,089 posts
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Thanks dude.

You can find them in the seller portal, or at least you could about a year ago. I stumbled across auto-rejected bids on some books I was selling. I think I was in Listings.

Edit: a quick Google will give you some guidance if you're looking to find this.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,194 posts

Auto decline sucks.  I got auto declined on an action figure that was listed for 8.00, I offered 5.50, just seeing if I could get something shaved off.  Totally turned me off.  I would rather not have it from that seller, and the full price isn't that bad. 

As a seller, I never put a floor on the bidding.  I would rather counter $40 on a $45 book, after a $10 bid, just to see if the guy is serious.  Maybe for high quantity sellers it is an effort saver, but I don't like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,151 posts
10 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

Auto decline sucks.  I got auto declined on an action figure that was listed for 8.00, I offered 5.50, just seeing if I could get something shaved off.  Totally turned me off.  I would rather not have it from that seller, and the full price isn't that bad. 

As a seller, I never put a floor on the bidding.  I would rather counter $40 on a $45 book, after a $10 bid, just to see if the guy is serious.  Maybe for high quantity sellers it is an effort saver, but I don't like it. 

Yeah after about 20 of those you will go back to using Auto decline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,089 posts
4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah after about 20 of those you will go back to using Auto decline. 

I had a lot of small dollar books for sale. The lowball offers on already cheap, but tightly graded copies were enough to convince me to use auto decline. And with eBay converting listings to best offer, the feature just made sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
892 posts

Myself, I never use autodecline. If someone offers, what I feel is, a laughable amount, I just don't respond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,749 posts

You can see all rejected offers After the fact when it says review all offers on the far right side of the screen on the item line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
19 19