• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Impossible Collection? Seriously...

364 posts in this topic

He got the Ebay Action 1 and Nick Cages

"a 1938 copy of the first ever issue of Action Comics, which featured the first ever appearance of Superman. Considered to be "the world's most expensive comic book" with only 50-100 copies still in existence, this comic book was sold in an eBay auction in August 2014 for $3.2m (£2.3m) to an unknown user, who is now revealed to be Hariri.

But even more amazing is the fact that Hariri has not one but two copies of Action Comics #1 – the second one being a copy previously owned by Hollywood star Nicholas Cage, an avid Superman fan. Cage's copy was stolen in 2000 but was eventually recovered from a San Fernando Valley storage locker and returned to the actor, who decided to sell it at auction online for $2.16m in 2011."

Son of a Billionaire

Why can't my dad be a billionaire???

Great read either way. Would love to see the opinions of this article if the link was posted in the Gold Forum.

Wonder if he is a Boardie? hm

And is he bidding in CC's auction next week? If so, i can't compete with a Billionaire,may as well sit it out lol

OP, would like to know what criteria the other collections you feel blow this one out of the water have (certainly not expectiing you to name the collectors). Just curious about this because as cited by other posters TWO Actions are hard to beat lol

Thanks for posting this

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/impossible-collection-billionaire-ayman-hariri-wants-share-his-rare-dc-comic-book-collection-you-1551293

I can think of 10 people who's collections blow this one out of the water.

Love the arrogance to name it the "Impossible Collection"

Thursday is the new Friday

So this is interesting. Metro won the Action #1 "9.0". They also were the seller of the Cage copy (the other 9.0), which the article says he also owns. Now, we were complaining back in 2014 when Vincent was on CNBC and downplayed the value of the eBay auction (saying that since it is the second 9.0, it is worth far less then their then record sale, since there are now 2 9.0s) So the question is did Metro sell the book to this billionaire or were they just an intermediary (read proxy bidder)? The article says that it was an unknown bidder (which leads me to think lazy journalism) now revealed to be this billionaire.

OP, would like to know what criteria the other collections you feel blow this one out of the water have (certainly not expectiing you to name the collectors). Just curious about this because as cited by other posters TWO Actions are hard to beat lol

Thanks for posting this

When I skimmed over the article I failed to see that he owns both Action 1 CGC 9.0s. But honestly that doesn't matter when Daddy gives you billions of dollars.

The article struck me as odd Bc everything mentioned is not rare by any means. 100 copies of Action 1, while expensive...is not rare. And to imply it's impossible to put this collection together when you have billions at your disposal is just laughable.

I'm sure it's a very nice collection. But the "I'm gonna take my collection on the road" article is silly.

Furthermore, most people agree that there is a nicer Action 1 and Tec 27 that are both raw. And I believe they're owned by the same owner.

*yawn*

Its not worthy....if I was born a billionaire, I'd dwarf this collection. Nothing to see here...

Jerome

I'm sure he has a nice car and yacht collection also.

Finally have our answer to a rich prince buying up comics.

That is a hell of a collection. I don't care where he got the money to assemble it. I don't believe there are ten collections better than it out there.

Why the hate towards someone with the same passions we all share?

I'd pay a few dollars to see it on display.

So let me get this straight. Because he has money, his collection is not noteworthy. Nor is the fact he has been collecting since he was 21. Nor is the fact that he is indeed a fan.

Sounds to me like a bunch of very, very salty people who are jealous that the guy has the bank roll to buy the books he wants. Well guess what, he is STILL a collector. so stop degrading another guy because you are jealous that he can afford what you can not.

And also, his father is a billionaire, he will likely become one as well. Do you feel that there is not a lot of work to be done in that individuals life? Do you think maintaining at that level alone does not demand constant dedication?

Seriously, you wouldn't like it if he was talking about you for being poor and only having an X-Men 1 as the center piece of your collection.

Good lord, this is disappointing.

<------ Super Jealous! Not afraid to admit it.

The dream of being a billionaire who is able to collect anything I want isn't going to happen to me. It happened to him, and I don't mind watching the story unfold... especially now that he's not keeping his buying a secret. :popcorn: