• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Fantastic Four Appreciation Thread
8 8

1,324 posts in this topic

At first glance you'd never think that the cover is by Steranko, but I suppose Sinnott's inking dominates there?

Great books everybody!

I love all of the alternate covers on the FF reprint titles. Still a few books here I would like to upgrade. I have found these books tough to find in higher grades. A lot of my original exposure to silver age FF was through Marvels Greatest Comics.

th_mgc34.jpgth_mgc35.jpgth_mgc36.jpgth_mgc37.jpg

th_mgc38.jpgth_mgc39.jpgth_mgc40.jpgth_mgc41.jpg

th_mta1.jpgth_mta2.jpgth_mta3.jpgth_mta4.jpg

Yay. Great addition to the thread, Kaspar. And you're so right about the alternate covers.

Though I'm still trying to figure out why Galactus has green hands on the MGC #37. And what happened to his gloves?

kXLUWn.jpgcqfh.jpg

ohdx.jpgTjBZnr.jpg

vfja.jpgiko7.jpg

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

The great coincidence is that the alternate covers are all(mostly) picture frames.

The Gil Kane cover to 34 always blows me away - just a great composition!

I never noticed Galactus having gloveless green hands till you said it. lol

Yay. Great addition to the thread, Kaspar. And you're so right about the alternate covers.

Though I'm still trying to figure out why Galactus has green hands on the MGC #37. And what happened to his gloves?

kXLUWn.jpgcqfh.jpg

ohdx.jpgTjBZnr.jpg

vfja.jpgiko7.jpg

Amazing copies of issues really hard to find in decent shape. :applause:

As a reader during the Bronze Age, these issues were my first look into the Silver Age past of the title, and will always have a special place in my collection. That the 'Marvel's Greatest' title began with an Inhumans story and then reprinted the Surfer-Galactus saga makes these especially memorable.