• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDERCON 2017: March 31, April 1 & 2, Anaheim, Ca.
2 2

41 posts in this topic

We are half way over for this years con.

Looks like this convention will be returning to Anaheim next year

Looking forward to it once again

1 year, 5 days to go :banana:

Edited by HOTFLIPS

why did they switch to LA this year anyway?

The Anaheim Convention Center is undergoing renovation.

...wasn't that the reasoning that Comic Con gave for moving Wonder Con from the Moscone Center in San Francisco to Anaheim years ago, and they never looked or came back to SF?

I know the Wonder Con program guide already announced the dates and location of Wonder Con 2017, back in Anaheim and finally, "not" on Easter Weekend either.

I hope eventually they find themselves back in Nor Cal in SF ('tho the week prior this year was Silicon Valley Con, from what hear, that was more like a "Wizard World" pop culture convention than a Comic Convention).

Everyone's rationale about how being in LA allows "Hollywood" to conveniently promote their media (TV and Film) and actors/actresses attend the show for panels and signings, I think SF drew more celebrity star power in the past than what Anaheim nor LA (or the Long Beach shows) have ever done for some reason.

However, I heard Meagan Fox was signing on Friday for FREE (finally, none of this "pay me to sign an autograph, and pay me more for the rights to stand next to me and take a photograph) opportunity at Wonder Con this year.

For some reason, if Comic Con wants Wonder Con to be the 2nd best show of the year, to rival or be a mini-San Diego, they have a long way to go to make Wonder Con tighter and more appealing. I walk into Wonder Con and their set up and guest lists seem about the same as most average shows, nothing extra ordinary. In the past, when in SF, I felt it was stronger. But then again, back then there weren't so many shows, now there's a convention nearly every other week or every week some place in the country, so the availability of securing guests is probably harder as well.

1 hour ago, ahsieh said:

Hey all, anyone able to pick up a sketch for me from Elsa Charretier? If so, please PM me and let me know what your fee for pickup + shipping would be. Cheers!

Is she going to be there? I don't see her name on the list of special guests or Artist Alley.

2 hours ago, BoBe-Patt said:

Is she going to be there? I don't see her name on the list of special guests or Artist Alley.

Hey there-- she emailed me asking me whether I could pick it up at WonderCon (apparently some of her pieces have been crushed in the mail), so I assume she's going to be there! Unless there's another WonderCon out there I'm not aware of, I guess :)

EDIT: Just asked her over e-mail whether she's going herself or will be represented. Will update!

Edited by ahsieh

18 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Anyone facilitating this? I have a few more books that I would like to get Craig Kyle to sign at the CGC booth. Is CGC accepting mail ins at all for that signing?

Looks like Celestial Comics is