• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC New Mutants #98 9.9 Mint 1st Deadpool up for auction

20 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone, just listed this one up for auction No Reserve. CGC 9.9 Mint New Mutants #98 1st app of Deadpool. The book is the highest graded copy in the world 1 of 1 headbang.gif. A nice gift graded onsite at WWLA over last weekend. I also added a number of high grade Tomb of Draculas to my CGC set. :cloud9. A terrific submission overall I was very extremely happy. grin.gif

CGC 9.9 1st Deadpool

I notice that under the 9.9 for the grade they have "Mint" also written. Looking quickly at other items, there isn't a "Near Mint plus" under a 9.6 grade. 9.9's are so special they revert back to the old name system? confused-smiley-013.gif

I notice that under the 9.9 for the grade they have "Mint" also written. Looking quickly at other items, there isn't a "Near Mint plus" under a 9.6 grade. 9.9's are so special they revert back to the old name system? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes.

9.9 and 10s get the gold label and MINT or GEM MINT written on them.

thumbsup2.gif

Here comes the stupid money train on this one. I predict over $1000.

That would be nice cloud9.gif I decided to take the risky move of no reserve and let the ebayers determine the price. The last CGC 9.9 sale that I thought was compatable was a 9.9 Secret Wars #8 for $1,400 but there are three of those tongue.gif

congrats on the grade! acclaim.gif you just wait until i submit my copies. i got credit for 6 return books unslabbable due to overhang. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Thanks Supa, good luck man. I graded 8 total copies all from a original owner collection at WWLA 1 9.6 6 9.8 and the elusive 9.9 cloud9.gif

That would be nice cloud9.gif I decided to take the risky move of no reserve and let the ebayers determine the price. The last CGC 9.9 sale that I thought was compatable was a 9.9 Secret Wars #8 for $1,400 but there are three of those tongue.gif

sleeping.gif

beautiful book, as with everything else, out of my price range, at least for a month or so :P
I could work out a payment plan... cool.gifgrin.gif
sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif
1 minute...what took you so long..... hi.gif

a yes, the good 'ole days when marvel would introduce 2-3 new characters a comic hoping that some of them would stick

And it still hasn't worked.......

Deadpool seems to of stuck though right? Lots of people at my local con love the character.

sleeping.gif
1 minute...what took you so long..... hi.gif
sleeping.gif

CGC On-Site Grading A Big Hit At Wizard World LA

Industry News, Scoop, Friday, March 25, 2005

Recently, Scoop got the opportunity to speak to a slightly tired, but hard at work Steve Borock who had just returned from Wizard World Los Angeles. According to all accounts, On-Site Grading was a success this past weekend on the west coast. "The show was a great success and we're fortunate to have the chance to certify several new 9.9's and 10.0's comics. We're now back and working hard as always grading comics," commented CGC President and Primary Grader Steve Borock. When the final totals were in CGC certified 1,600+ comics during the convention. Included in the comics submitted to CGC during the show was New Mutants #98 CGC certified 9.9, Adventures @ eBay promotional comic that certified 9.9, Ghost in the Shell #4 certified 9.9, Street Fighter #0 CGC certified 9.9, and two 10.0 Gem Mint copies of Dave Johnson Sketchbook and also a 9.9 copy.

Also on hand at CGC's booth was creator and writer of X-23 Craig Kyle. He was available to sign copies of X-23 that could be submitted for CGC's Signature Series. The Signature Series has been a great success for CGC as it has allowed collectors to obtain authentic autographs of their favorite comic book professionals.