• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheaper Shipping Boxes help

44 posts in this topic

:gossip: He needs poustal bouxes.

Oh, for international shipping?

I saw the Niagara Falls location and figured he was going over the border to ship.

That would have been a good piece of information to include. lol

Niagara Falls!!! Slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch..... :kidaround:

check out U-Line-- they have some packaging that might work and will be more affordable than what you state you are paying for shipping materials.

Since you are in Canada, the USPS shipping boxes would not be an option.

Thanks that was a option I was considering as well and it seems people think highly of them.

Been using U - Line for years and years. Fast shipping and a variety of different sizes to fit any order. The S - 342 is my main shipping box, but I also use the S - 558, and the S - 4433 for larger orders or bigger size books.

Great to hear that they're reliable so for slabs you use the S-342 or S-558?

check out U-Line-- they have some packaging that might work and will be more affordable than what you state you are paying for shipping materials.

Since you are in Canada, the USPS shipping boxes would not be an option.

Thanks that was a option I was considering as well and it seems people think highly of them.

Been using U - Line for years and years. Fast shipping and a variety of different sizes to fit any order. The S - 342 is my main shipping box, but I also use the S - 558, and the S - 4433 for larger orders or bigger size books.

Nice to know! Thanks for the box info. (thumbs u

I use the 342 for raw books ( up to ten ) and still have room for some nice cardboard and some bubble wrap.

I like the 4433's for slabs. I do not like the Priority boxes from the P.O. Not enough space on the ends for packing and the slab is just about against the box on the ends. One drop and you have a cracked slab.

With the 4433's you have about an inch on both ends for card board, foam or whatever. I ship them Priority but not in a paper thin box from the P.O. Just my way though.

Instead of buying boxes, buy more comics and use the boxes they get shipped in.

That's what I do. :thumbsup:

And if I ever have a shortage, I just collect used boxes and packing material from the mailroom at work.

Here...Only .94 cents per box, won't get it cheaper anywhere else.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380910932342?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

0.81 cents. But neither is shipping to Canada so, no good for the original request.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Plain-Brown-Box-16-in-x-12-in-x-4-in-25-Box-Bundle-PRA0086/203596608

I use the 342 for raw books ( up to ten ) and still have room for some nice cardboard and some bubble wrap.

I like the 4433's for slabs. I do not like the Priority boxes from the P.O. Not enough space on the ends for packing and the slab is just about against the box on the ends. One drop and you have a cracked slab.

With the 4433's you have about an inch on both ends for card board, foam or whatever. I ship them Priority but not in a paper thin box from the P.O. Just my way though.

Thanks I'll take a look at those

There is no reason to pay for any shipping supplies except single-comic mailers and packing tape.

You can order everything else from the post office for free and have it shipped directly to your door as others have mentioned.

The only thing I buy once every 4 months or so is a huge bag of packing peanuts for the oddball-type items (because I don't sell just comics) or pre-cut thick cardboard when I don't feel like cutting up boxes.

I should have mentioned this earlier but I live in Canada I have a friend is the US that I ship stuff to but I wouldn't do me any good since I'd need it here.

Drive over the border once a week and mail stuff from Niagara Falls, NY in USPS boxes? Doesn't help for fellow canadians, sure.

would the Canadian post office care if you used USPS shipping materials to ship within Canada?

not that I am endorsing this conduct by any means. Just a question for our northern allies.

I reuse American shipping boxes all the time. Have never had anyone complain about it. Not once.