• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I guess that Snyder also chose to cut Vulko and the Victor's parents from the film? :roflmao:

Richard Newby tried to tell me they had verified all the details with WB in advance until I pointed out Snyder had left the Justice League months in advance (May 2017) before the news came out Whedon has removed Iris West from the film (September 2017).

(:

DC's The Flash movie loses Billy Crudup as Henry Allen but casts Spanish actress, Maribel Verdú, to play Barry Allen's mother, Nora. Warner Bros. and DC Films have spent years developing a solo movie for Ezra Miller to star as Flash. After losing and gaining multiple directors, the final creative team for The Flash has been locked in with IT director Andy Muschietti and Bumblebee writer, Christina Hodson.

Ahead of production finally beginning this summer, the studios have been busy locking The Flash's cast into place. It was recently confirmed that Kiersey Clemons is returning as Barry's love interest, Iris West. She was cut out of the theatrical cut of Justice League but will make her debut in Zack Snyder's Justice League. Muschietti also recently made the surprise announcement that Supergirl is appearing in The Flash, with Sasha Calle cast as the Kryptonian hero. She isn't the only DC superhero joining the cast either, as Ben Affleck will return as Batman - and so will Michael Keaton through the power of the multiverse.

I don't have such a huge issue with them making supergirl a brunette. it will make eventually introducing power girl less confusing to more casual fans because now they've established that other multiverse versions of people do not need to be dopplegangers (the two barry allens). i've always found her more interesting.

Edited by the blob

Outside of comic fans, does anyone still care about this film?  Ezra was cast as part of the Snyder DCEU, which looks to be dead, if the news after the Snyder cut release is true.  Plus, most people I have spoken to felt his flash was the weakest link in whatever version of the film people have seen.

I know this is rumored as the Flashpoint soft reboot, but there have been so many delays, even before Covid. All the bad press surrounding the lead, does not help.  Numerous changes in the creative teams.  Finally, if everything goes 100% smooth from here on out, this movie is at best a 2023 film, and 5 years out from JL.

11 minutes ago, drotto said:

Outside of comic fans, does anyone still care about this film?  Ezra was cast as part of the Snyder DCEU, which looks to be dead, if the news after the Snyder cut release is true.  Plus, most people I have spoken to felt his flash was the weakest link in whatever version of the film people have seen.

I know this is rumored as the Flashpoint soft reboot, but there have been so many delays, even before Covid. All the bad press surrounding the lead, does not help.  Numerous changes in the creative teams.  Finally, if everything goes 100% smooth from here on out, this movie is at best a 2023 film, and 5 years out from JL.

So you are asking comic book readers on a comic book message board if anyone outside of such comic book readers really care about this film? I think an approach happened like this decades ago, and it didn't end well for the statisticians involved in the study.

dewey_truman.thumb.jpg.7c6b5088b8b488566ecfa100baf8eae1.jpg

:baiting:

And this is not a political point. It is how data is collected to determine the mind of the people in question, and who you ask.

But more seriously, before the release of the Snyder Cut the answer would be a crapshot. Now with the bigger character development fresh in minds due to the film's release, this most probably brings very positive feelings towards a Flash solo film.

How do I know this to be true? Read many of the Snyder Cut reviews and you now notice Cyborg and The Flash receiving extremely positive mentions from people that also noted back in 2017 they really didn't care for these characters. Now, a different story. Even moviegoers noted the drastic difference with use of the character and involvement in the story.

Huge difference in character connection results.

Edited by Bosco685

30 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

The Flash was f^&*ing sick in ZSJL. It makes me that much more interested in his solo outing.

How that 2016-2017 WB Studios executive team looked at this and didn't pick up on what they had was nuts. And since they were trying to catch up with the MCU they had plenty of business justification at that point.to keep much of this content in and NOT go with just a 2-hour team event film.

MCU.png.27bd3557bfc741e5fb15db015eb552b0.png