• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2021 at 11:08 AM, Bosco685 said:

But more seriously, before the release of the Snyder Cut the answer would be a crapshot. Now with the bigger character development fresh in minds due to the film's release, this most probably brings very positive feelings towards a Flash solo film.

How do I know this to be true? Read many of the Snyder Cut reviews and you now notice Cyborg and The Flash receiving extremely positive mentions from people that also noted back in 2017 they really didn't care for these characters. Now, a different story. Even moviegoers noted the drastic difference with use of the character and involvement in the story.

Huge difference in character connection results.

I didn't think it was very practical for Barry to rescue a few hotdogs before Iris, but I liked when he said we're going to save the world with the power of love. It would have been perfect if they had that song from Back to the future cue in at that moment.

No doubt that the Flash got some much better exposure in the Snyder Cut, a few people I know who have seen it are now more interested to see something more from him. The thing that we can't tell at the moment is whether the solo film has to ignore the events of the Snyder Cut, which would be a real shame as he did so much for the team after doing practically nothing in the 2017 version.

Next year will be a major one for the World of DC on film as WB has planned to release four movies in 2022 starting with The Batman in March, Black Adam in July, The Flash in November, and Aquaman 2 in December, and one of them could tease what audiences will expect from the Justice League on the big screen.

Buried in their report, THR notes that "DC is plotting its films and shows to share the same universe" and that their key to getting this across to audiences will be in The Flash movie. This shouldn't come as a huge surprise to DC readers considering the Scarlet Speedster's proclivity for multiverse storylines, but the trade notes that the film "will tackle the multiverse and is said to also lend clarity to the future of the Justice League." They note that not all are multiple Batmen set to appear (Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton have so far been attached) with newcomer Sasha Calle also starring as Supergirl.

It's unclear just how this movie will help establish "the future of the Justice League" unless a full blown redo of the concept is being considered. There is precedence for a superhero team featuring heroes from across the multiverse though as Grant Morrison's The Multiversity introduced Justice Incarnate to the DCU. Perhaps WB wants to make a new Justice League movie with heroes from across their live-action multiverse, especially since Robert Pattinson's Batman will seemingly be separate from all of it.

Just now, RickSp said:

How many Bruce Wayne chairs do we think they'll need?

Ben Affleck as he designs the updated suit

Michael Keaton for the Multiverse Bat

Now that would be funny if they insert George Clooney and Val Kilmer somehow into the film.

23 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Now that would be funny if they insert George Clooney and Val Kilmer somehow into the film.

I'd like that too. Kilmer was fine - it was the rest of the film around him that sucked donkey toes.

Clooney, however, looked like a deer-in-the-headlights the whole time he was in the suit. And that's in addition to the wretchedness that (again) surrounded him.

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

I'd like that too. Kilmer was fine - it was the rest of the film around him that sucked donkey toes.

Clooney, however, looked like a deer-in-the-headlights the whole time he was in the suit. And that's in addition to the wretchedness that (again) surrounded him.

Which would be funnier if Barry showed up asking for Bruce Wayne and Clooney upon seeing him runs the other way

(:

7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

No nipples please!

I think it would be cool if they could work Christian Bale into this flick.