• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

Last week I ran a rumor that at one point in the long and complicated development of The Flash movie, Cyborg was scheduled to appear in the movie. Now it appears we may have some form of confirmation that Vic will show up with his buddy Barry on the big screen.

Someone DM’ed producer Barbara Muschietti on Instagram and asked her to please not forget Ray Fisher in The Flash and to at least give him a cameo, and she replied “Obviously!”

With the movie being based on Flashpoint, it makes a lot of sense for Cyborg to show up. Also, when Ezra Miller cameoed in Crisis on Infinite Earths on The CW, his Barry mentioned Vic; meaning the two are still hanging out in the DCEU.

There are also some other rumored casting revelations that might be coming soon that will make people really happy to see certain characters from the Snyder era return in a new way.

HOLY!

There may be new Batman in town. And he’s the same as the old Batman.

Michael Keaton, who famously starred as the Caped Crusader in the Tim Burton-directed early 1990s Batman movies, is in talks to reprise the character for Warner Bros.’s DC movie, The Flash.

Ezra Miller is on board to star as Barry Allen, AKA, the Flash, in the feature that will be directed by It filmmaker Andy Muschietti.

Deadline has confirmed that Michael Keaton, who first played the big screen version of Batman in 1989 for Warner Bros. and its 1992 sequel Batman Returns is in early talks to return to the role once again.

Keaton would play Batman in a Nick Fury-like role starting with Warner Bros. The Flash starring Ezra Miller, and could continue to play the Dark Knight in other upcoming DC movies like Batgirl. 

If there's still going with the Flashpoint-based "multiverse" concept, Bruce Wayne only appears in a cameo at the end. Which would make sense if played by Keaton in "Nick Fury elder statesman" role - and have him able to continue with additional appearances in other films.

For the bulk of Flashpoint, tho, the multiverse Batman is Thomas Wayne.

40 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

If there's still going with the Flashpoint-based "multiverse" concept, Bruce Wayne only appears in a cameo at the end. Which would make sense if played by Keaton in "Nick Fury elder statesman" role - and have him able to continue with additional appearances in other films.

For the bulk of Flashpoint, tho, the multiverse Batman is Thomas Wayne.

If they went with a complete portrayal of everything that was in the Flashpoint story. But like with Civil War where the MCU made changes to the storyline, and like was hinted by the director, this is a version of Flashpoint.

Actor Ray Fisher remained predictably tight-lipped regarding whether or not he will feature in The Flash. Fisher was cast by Zack Snyder to play Victor Stone, aka Cyborg for a brief cameo in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. He would return more prominently for the tentpole DC Comics team-up movie, Justice League. Ezra Miller's iteration of Barry Allen, aka The Flash, followed a similar trajectory. Unfortunately, after Snyder stepped away from the film due to a personal tragedy, Joss Whedon infamously stepped in to helm extensive reshoots. Though Fisher was deemed the heart of the film by Snyder, his role turned out to be greatly reduced in the theatrical release.

During his panel at the fan-created Justice Con, Fisher was asked directly about the movie and whether he'd spoken to Miller about it. "Flashpoint? What is Flashpoint? I've never heard of that! What is that about? Is that the one with whatshisname?" Fisher answered, with more than a hint of sarcasm given his previously declared fondness for all things DC Comics. When told that it was the storyline that sees Barry screw up everything, he continued to jokily retort: "That's every Flash story, right? Damn it, Barry! Come on!" Fisher did eventually get around to answering seriously, if predictably non-committal:

"I know [Miller] is excited, like really excited about it. That's all I can say. I can't really say anything about [being in it] but, um, maybe...I don't know...hopefully...we'll see...perhaps! It is something that's been going around for a while and I know people have been speculating. But, you know, movies are what they are. They change, they adapt, they evolve. Um, but that's all I can say about that!"

GVN: I’ve seen it circulating on the internet that some fans are fan-casting you as Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash in the movie-universe/DCEU. Is that something you would be interested in?

Neil Jackson: Absolutely.

As much as I would love to see Keaton suit up as Batman... fans have been clamoring for years for them to make a Batman Begins type movie with Keaton as the older Bruce Wayne and Terry McGinnis as Batman...

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

As much as I would love to see Keaton suit up as Batman... fans have been clamoring for years for them to make a Batman Begins type movie with Keaton as the older Bruce Wayne and Terry McGinnis as Batman...

The rumor tied to his returning to the role is a multi-film appearance (supposedly). Which best-case could lead to a Batman Beyond movie.

:wishluck:

36 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Movies never would've been made if social media was this prevalent in the past.

SO TRUE!

The amount of posts made on Twitter under that video concerning "Remember he tried to choke one of his fans to death" was so excessive. No matter that the police confirmed they were never involved, and the account making the claim disappeared afterwards and the accuser never confirmed or interviewed. Yet so many want him replaced as a violent maniac.

:facepalm: